follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 09-30-2012, 04:00 AM   #141
SVXdc
Radio wiring harness guru

Drives: 1996 SVX L AWD
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh B View Post
Has anyone made this into a full time rear view camera without any guide lines?
Short answer: Nobody has yet figured out how to turn off the HU's built-in parking guide lines.

Tricking the FT nav HU into displaying the camera image while not in reverse would be easy -- just cut the reverse wire (or extract factory wire and replace with a new pin/wire), and use a switch to connect +12V to the HU's reverse gear input.

Removing the HU's built-in guide lines is the catch. Unless there's a secret dealer menu option that we don't know about, there may not be any solution for this.

A quicker solution would be to connect your camera to the unused video portion of the aux A/V input. You'll need to do the parking brake hack (and I think the VSS hack, also) to allow viewing that video while driving. You would have to switch to your aux input to see it (so you'd no longer be able to listen to your radio, disc, USB, iPod, etc. during that time).

Anyone who wants to pursue the aux video input: Start a new thread and I'll be happy to reply there with more details.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #142
Furtive

Drives: 13' SSM BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Black VW View Post
haven't gotten a chance to check this yet, but it seems like it may be helpful to some of you guys.

Ive had SVXdc's pins sitting in my glove box for a couple months now as I have not gotten around to trying it. Hopefully you guys can figure it out and make it easier for everyone else.

this may be useful too:

So in theory, if we could signal the reverse pin we can view the camera any time?

Also according to the picture pin 2 on the 28 pin is the rev signal? Rev = Reverse?

Edit: should have read SVXDC's previous comment.
Furtive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #143
Josh B
Buzz Killington

Drives: A slow truck
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXdc View Post
Short answer: Nobody has yet figured out how to turn off the HU's built-in parking guide lines.

Tricking the FT nav HU into displaying the camera image while not in reverse would be easy -- just cut the reverse wire (or extract factory wire and replace with a new pin/wire), and use a switch to connect +12V to the HU's reverse gear input.

Removing the HU's built-in guide lines is the catch. Unless there's a secret dealer menu option that we don't know about, there may not be any solution for this.

A quicker solution would be to connect your camera to the unused video portion of the aux A/V input. You'll need to do the parking brake hack (and I think the VSS hack, also) to allow viewing that video while driving. You would have to switch to your aux input to see it (so you'd no longer be able to listen to your radio, disc, USB, iPod, etc. during that time).

Anyone who wants to pursue the aux video input: Start a new thread and I'll be happy to reply there with more details.
Thanks for the info.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Josh B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #144
Furtive

Drives: 13' SSM BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furtive View Post
**ISSUE** -- i cant get the view angle adjusted , and guide lines are still there I've cut the blue wire ...

**Question** how did you guys hide these wires I feel like water wil get in if i leave it this way...

** soo.. upset I didnt test out the viewing angle.. now i have to deal with this big hole.. XD or find a camera to replace it..

*update* so I went ahead and bought a new one... hope this fits the hole I just made and angle is a bit better..

BOYO VTB123HD

new camera is much better.. Although I have to reorder a new one.. for some reason these BOYO's have problems with disabling the guide lines, even after cutting the blue wire.. this is my second one.
Furtive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #145
xcelir8brz

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
You need to remove heat shrink by camera pin harness and cut one inch of blue wire out. I had same issue and this solved problem you have.
xcelir8brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #146
WillBRZ

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT GBS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Anyone have a good DIY up yet?
WillBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #147
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
i still need to finish wiring up my Accele. It's all mounted and I confirmed it can be powered off of the OEM 6v power supply pin from the head unit.

xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #148
Ben_G

Drives: Blue BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
i still need to finish wiring up my Accele. It's all mounted and I confirmed it can be powered off of the OEM 6v power supply pin from the head unit.

Hey man, I shot you a PM, but didn't hear back.... Just wondering if you finished the install and if you have any pics of the image displayed by the camera? i'm looking to get the same camera too.
Ben_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:55 AM   #149
ericmpena

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Just installed my Rydeen today. I have everything configured, but I just have one question that is really bugging me.

Can someone explain the difference between G-4D, G-5D, and G-XUV?

I can see minor differenced in the length of the Grid Lines, but it's nothing major. Am I missing something? Which setting should I be using??
ericmpena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #150
#944_10_Series_FRS

Drives: 2013 10 series FRS #944
Does any of you know if David from SVXDC still around? I want to buy this harness from him. I have sent him PM 2 days ago but so far, I have not received any response from him.

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwx View Post
I did receive an email from SVXdc who makes the cables for the Imprezas/Foresters. He said he could supply a harness with the RCA plug and the pins to install into the factory 16-pin connector. Basically just put the pins in the right place on the connector, pretty easy. I don't know if that comes with the power cable to power the OEM camera, I'm assuming it does. I may not end up using the OEM camera to begin with just to make sure everything works okay.

He has made these for the Fujitsu Ten units in the 2012 Forester/Impreza.
#944_10_Series_FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #151
ericmpena

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Yes he's still around. It takes a few emails to get it going.

I filled out the Harness Request order on 6/24.
David responded on 6/28.
I made my payment to David on 6/28.
I received the harness on July 2nd.
Hope that gives you a better insight of how long the process may take.
ericmpena is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ericmpena For This Useful Post:
#944_10_Series_FRS (07-13-2013)
Old 08-19-2021, 11:24 AM   #152
Garvin29

Drives: Subaru BRZ limited 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by sure74 View Post
The camera power lead on the 16-pin harness is = to ACC (on when the car is on).

I grabbed power from the factory amp in the trunk which was very convenient.
which of all are the 2 ACC cables that you used for the rear camera, the truth is, I need an ACC connection for my wireless camera.
Garvin29 is offline   Reply With Quote