follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.


View Poll Results: Which one would you rather?
Nissan Z 89 69.53%
Toyota Supra 39 30.47%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2021, 06:34 AM   #1121
ZDan
Senior Member
 
ZDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Drives: '17 BRZ PP
Location: Providence, RI
Posts: 3,637
Thanks: 810
Thanked 2,748 Times in 1,498 Posts
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades View Post
What? The common cold is cancelling car reveals now?

The common cold is generally not lethal, with some rare exceptions”, the Digital Health Lab explains. “The flu, which is deadlier than the common cold, killed 0.1% of the people who contracted it in 2019. It is still too early to discern accurate global death estimates for people who have contracted COVID-19, but estimates have ranged from 1% to 25% of all cases, depending on the country”.

The experts argue that a conservative death rate of 1% would therefore make COVID-19 at least 10 times as deadly as the flu, and therefore “significantly more lethal” than the common cold.


https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKCN26D0XT

That's from last September, current fatality rates in the US are ~5x greater vs. the flu at ~0.5% https://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/
So the delta variant is less lethal if you get it but it appears to be more infectious than previously, but WAY more infectious than the flu. Comparisons to "the common cold" are absurd...

Case rates in New York state are lower than the USA overall, but still rising. An abundance of caution seems warranted to me...
Attached Images
 

Last edited by ZDan; 08-17-2021 at 06:55 AM.
ZDan is offline  
Old 08-17-2021, 10:36 AM   #1122
Wally86
Be Kind
 
Wally86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Drives: 2020 86
Location: MD
Posts: 517
Thanks: 2,173
Thanked 591 Times in 273 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDan View Post
The common cold is generally not lethal, with some rare exceptions”, the Digital Health Lab explains. “The flu, which is deadlier than the common cold, killed 0.1% of the people who contracted it in 2019. It is still too early to discern accurate global death estimates for people who have contracted COVID-19, but estimates have ranged from 1% to 25% of all cases, depending on the country”.

The experts argue that a conservative death rate of 1% would therefore make COVID-19 at least 10 times as deadly as the flu, and therefore “significantly more lethal” than the common cold.


https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKCN26D0XT

That's from last September, current fatality rates in the US are ~5x greater vs. the flu at ~0.5% https://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/
So the delta variant is less lethal if you get it but it appears to be more infectious than previously, but WAY more infectious than the flu. Comparisons to "the common cold" are absurd...

Case rates in New York state are lower than the USA overall, but still rising. An abundance of caution seems warranted to me...

Everyone knows.
Everyone is tired.
Look at his emoji.

Come off it.

__________________
[Insert clever signature here]
IG | WhiskyBlog | Photography
Wally86 is offline  
Old 08-17-2021, 10:50 AM   #1123
ZDan
Senior Member
 
ZDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Drives: '17 BRZ PP
Location: Providence, RI
Posts: 3,637
Thanks: 810
Thanked 2,748 Times in 1,498 Posts
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally86 View Post
Everyone knows.
Everyone is tired.
Look at his emoji.

Come off it.
It's certainly a point worth clarifying... "Everyone" does *not* know, a LARGE portion of the population where I'm from think it's a hoax, propaganda, etc. etc. Lotta rat-lickers out there...
ZDan is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ZDan For This Useful Post:
beltax90 (08-17-2021), Pbrown (08-17-2021), pope (08-18-2021), Red-86 (08-19-2021)
Old 08-17-2021, 11:44 AM   #1124
Pbrown
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Raven
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,638
Thanks: 1,261
Thanked 1,312 Times in 652 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
My two cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDan View Post
It's certainly a point worth clarifying... "Everyone" does *not* know, a LARGE portion of the population where I'm from think it's a hoax, propaganda, etc. etc. Lotta rat-lickers out there...
Thank you for your very good statistics on the differences between cold. flu and Covid. Here are a few more for you. 58 million doses administered in Canada 2336 serious side affects of which very few have passed away. Seems that those that choose to not get vaccinated are not great at basic math and odds. BTW where I come from 1+ million residents, 20 cases a day, 0 deaths in over a month 77% of the 12 years + population double vaxed. Everything has re-opened. Once again basis math folks. As far as I am concerned Covid is not going away anytime soon however, we can certainly get back to near normal. It makes me shake my head that there is a fix right in front of us and many still refuse to take it. Would you say no to a cure for cancer if it was right in front of your face?
Pbrown is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pbrown For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (08-17-2021), dpfarr (08-17-2021), Lucky21 (08-18-2021), Red-86 (08-19-2021), WolfpackS2k (08-17-2021), ZDan (08-17-2021)
Old 08-17-2021, 05:10 PM   #1125
vh_supra26
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Drives: Supra
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,710
Thanks: 1,128
Thanked 2,100 Times in 936 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Nissan COO Ashwani Gupta talks about new Z

Confirms 400hp, on sale in spring 2022, and around $40k starting price.

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/th...ase-price.413/

vh_supra26 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vh_supra26 For This Useful Post:
Wally86 (08-25-2021), ZDan (08-17-2021)
Old 08-17-2021, 05:45 PM   #1126
Ohio Enthusiast
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Drives: 2018 BRZ
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 409
Thanks: 726
Thanked 304 Times in 171 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Aiming more at undercutting the Supra than competing with the Twins. I wonder if there still will be a cheaper detuned version.
Ohio Enthusiast is offline  
Old 08-17-2021, 05:50 PM   #1127
Yoshoobaroo
Señor Member
 
Yoshoobaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: 2013 BRZ
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,853
Thanks: 1,626
Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
‘Around 40K’? That sure sounds like it’ll be more than 40K.

Anyone who thought this was gonna cost 35k is out of their mind.
Yoshoobaroo is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yoshoobaroo For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (08-17-2021), HachiRokuX (08-17-2021), PulsarBeeerz (08-17-2021)
Old 08-17-2021, 06:30 PM   #1128
BFIFE22
Senior Member
 
BFIFE22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Drives: 2013 GBS BRZ Limited
Location: SC
Posts: 215
Thanks: 33
Thanked 86 Times in 65 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo View Post
‘Around 40K’? That sure sounds like it’ll be more than 40K.

Anyone who thought this was gonna cost 35k is out of their mind.
And that's the base model too. I bet it will be around $45K for one you'd actually want. Definitely more of a Supra alternative where you can actually get a manual
__________________
APEXi / JDL / Perrin / Grimmspeed / Tein / Hotchkis / TRD / RAYS / Michelin / Raceseng / JPM Coachworks / SWEIDIT / Carsmo / TOM's / OFT / OEM Audio
BFIFE22 is offline  
Old 08-17-2021, 06:34 PM   #1129
PulsarBeeerz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: BRZ
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 546
Thanks: 429
Thanked 384 Times in 220 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Enthusiast View Post
Aiming more at undercutting the Supra than competing with the Twins. I wonder if there still will be a cheaper detuned version.

Doesn't sound like it when they say the base will be around $40K. The interior looks a lot better than before so they seem to be going more GT, like the Supra? Still cheaper than the Supra 2.0. Hopefully a variant comes with a better LSD than last time.
PulsarBeeerz is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to PulsarBeeerz For This Useful Post:
Yoshoobaroo (08-17-2021)
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2022 992 GT3 Kiske Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 29 02-23-2021 07:22 AM
2022 Infiniti QX55 Crossover Coupe Revealed vh_supra26 Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 7 11-22-2020 03:51 PM
The Scion FR-S Needs More Power Says Nissan Product Boss: Nissan Mad??? vh_supra26 Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 105 05-01-2014 09:51 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.