follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 07-31-2021, 04:26 AM   #43
Compelica

Drives: 86 GT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermax View Post
The lagginess on the 2017 table is fairly signification but yeah that tip in knock clicking crap is unnerving. The 2017 fully solved that for me but when switching to E85 I was able to go back to the 2013 table and still not get tip in knock.
Taken my time on this but I've finally able to flash the 2017 TIR table and the feel is actually not that far off from the MY14 table. Did you also alter the Min CFP Delta table? That table goes hand in hand with the TIR table, and is also changed in the 2017 tune.

I changed the axis values on the MY14 TIR table to maintain the similarity as per the 2017 table, it should work exactly like how the 2017 table does.
Compelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 04:06 PM   #44
DiscoQuinn

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Welp. Finally got my techstream cable. I was really excited as it was mentioned earlier in this thread that it can live log.

I still need to do some testing as it wasn't as easy as I'd hoped. I did make a test log, but the software, as also mentioned in this thread, isn't too obvious what to do.

I may need to find someone to teamwork for a discord session or something, just so I can understand this better.

Sadly though, my techstream experience isn't quite as desired, as my old windows 98 laptop and possible the coding in the software is so slow that I can't watch the throttle delay live.

I dug for some tips on here and youtube, but there isn't too much information on how to best make use of the techstream. Any clues or hints?

I've recorded a drive around town here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rlc...ew?usp=sharing

One problem I seem to be having with techstream is I don't get the option for custom settings on my version of techstream, which I found kinda weird as all the videos and images I've seen has that option.
DiscoQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote