follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 06-29-2019, 04:15 AM   #1
AndMsc

Drives: MY2018 GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MY2018 GT86 OEM Steering Wheel Spacer

Hello,

Does anyone know if the is any company who makes steering wheel spacers for the MY2017-MY2019 OEM steering wheel?

I've looked on the forum and thought about starting a new thread in case anyone discovered something.

Thank you,
Andrei
AndMsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 05:19 AM   #2
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
If you are speaking about exactly spacer for use with stock-ish steering wheels with stock airbags, then i beleave 949 Racing is only one that mentioned making prototype of such (IIRC was mentioned offset of 50mm) and planning to release such product. Don't be one of many asking them all over again in donkey from Shrek fashion on when it will be available and reasking from time to time if that product is ready and when. They already answered few times, "when it's done", and by then they will create descriptive thread for it and start selling.

Few notes though:
their development car IIRC was pre-MY2017, so no clue if it may or may not change something in relation to changes on restyle (addition of audio/phone controls on it).

Only other alternative i know off for something similar - steering wheels of J-Luth (seen very same sold also by ATC Sport brand with same three models of different finish/wrap, and K Racing (just one wheel with own finish, but probably same base/frame of wheel beneath). These are a bit smaller then stock wheel and at 20mm offset closer to driver (by shape of frame of wheel, not via some spacer). These steering wheels are for pre-restyle too, so without extra buttons for audio.

One can easier find several steering wheels with different variety in offset in aftermarket, if one is not set on retaining stock airbag, but i guess if you asked on spacer, then you don't consider this route.
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to churchx For This Useful Post:
Clutch Dog (07-02-2019), korhun (01-07-2020)
Old 07-02-2019, 02:21 PM   #3
AndMsc

Thank you
Old 07-02-2019, 05:52 PM   #4
churchx

If you hadn't noticed, 949 Racing just announced/released their spacer.
No clue on MY2017 compatibility.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:29 AM   #5
AndMsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
If you are speaking about exactly spacer for use with stock-ish steering wheels with stock airbags, then i beleave 949 Racing is only one that mentioned making prototype of such (IIRC was mentioned offset of 50mm) and planning to release such product. Don't be one of many asking them all over again in donkey from Shrek fashion on when it will be available and reasking from time to time if that product is ready and when. They already answered few times, "when it's done", and by then they will create descriptive thread for it and start selling.

Few notes though:
their development car IIRC was pre-MY2017, so no clue if it may or may not change something in relation to changes on restyle (addition of audio/phone controls on it).

Only other alternative i know off for something similar - steering wheels of J-Luth (seen very same sold also by ATC Sport brand with same three models of different finish/wrap, and K Racing (just one wheel with own finish, but probably same base/frame of wheel beneath). These are a bit smaller then stock wheel and at 20mm offset closer to driver (by shape of frame of wheel, not via some spacer). These steering wheels are for pre-restyle too, so without extra buttons for audio.

One can easier find several steering wheels with different variety in offset in aftermarket, if one is not set on retaining stock airbag, but i guess if you asked on spacer, then you don't consider this route.
They finally got it out.
949 Website: https://949racing.com/Steering-Spacer-86.aspx
Forum URL: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135546
IDK if it would work with the electronics though. Just discovered the forum url. I'm gonna read it.

Edit: I am sure enough they will work. But the problem is the price.. ~240 USD

Last edited by AndMsc; 07-17-2019 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Got more info
Old 07-17-2019, 07:44 AM   #6
churchx

It just spaces out at 50mm offset wheel, being between it and steering column hub. As you reuse original steering wheel, if wire harness length is long enough on MY2017 too, all should work i guess. Later on in thread there should be pics of it and even link to DIY guide by one forum member that already had it installed.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:15 AM   #7
Xed32

Drives: '22 brz Sport-Tech
https://www.spacershop.com/
I believe they supply 949?
https://www.spacershop.com/prodotto/...brz-from-2016/
Xed32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:51 AM   #8
Boccaccio
CAD monkey

Drives: '15 GT86 Giallo - Supercharged
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xed32 View Post
Correct.

Giacomo Pinzoni from Daily Driver Motorsport (spacershop) manufactures the spacers for 949.

I have one of Giacomo's wheel spacers and it transformed my driving position (and driving dynamics).

With my long legs, I can now comfortably extend them while still maintaining a "relaxed" arm position.

Mind you, the spacer is paired with the Revolution (J.Luth/ATC) steering wheel.

Hands down, the best mod in the vehicle ergonomics department.
Boccaccio is offline   Reply With Quote