follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 05-27-2015, 06:26 PM   #1
Zixxerguy

Drives: 2013 supercharged frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Don't buy from wheeldude

I've never been one to bash a company but I've had enough. I bought a set of wheels and tires from wheeldude in November. I recently hit a pot hole and bent a rim. Didn't seem like a big enough pot hole to bend a rim but it did bend one, even tho both right side wheels hit it. But anyway, I have been trying to contact wheel dude for 2 weeks trying to see if there's anything they could do to help me out or at least buy one wheel. Because on there website it doesn't give the option of buying just one wheel, it says to contact them. So I've called them like a dozen times with no answer, sent 3 emails and 3 requests for them to contact me. And I haven't heard a peep from anyone about it. So today I got an email saying to take a survey to tell them how they did. Also I notices one of the leads I posted has been marked "resolved". So I did the survey and I just couldn't help but to let other people know the trouble I've been having. Like I said I've never done this before and I've usually understanding but 2 weeks is rediculous to ignore a customer. I'm tired of driving on stock wheels and seeing $2000 just sit around collecting dust. Sorry for the rant
Zixxerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:24 PM   #2
ZOMFGAARON
A Demon

Drives: Raven GT86
Thanked 1,321 Times in 701 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
What wheels do you have there's other vendors as well. Sorry to hear you're having a hard time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ZOMFGAARON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:56 AM   #3
srizzors25
Daedalus Moto

Drives: 05 LGT Wagon, 08 R6 Race Bike
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Sorry to hear that man. I've only heard pretty good things about wheeldude bummer to hear bad news. Maybe try another vendor or go straight to the wheel manufacturer?
Old 05-28-2015, 01:35 PM   #4
Curtis

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ, 2005 Chevy Halfton
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
That's strange I've had nothing but good service from them.

Let us know what happens

Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 04:46 PM   #5
yomny

Drives: 2013 FRS Whiteout
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zixxerguy View Post
I've never been one to bash a company but I've had enough. I bought a set of wheels and tires from wheeldude in November. I recently hit a pot hole and bent a rim. Didn't seem like a big enough pot hole to bend a rim but it did bend one, even tho both right side wheels hit it. But anyway, I have been trying to contact wheel dude for 2 weeks trying to see if there's anything they could do to help me out or at least buy one wheel. Because on there website it doesn't give the option of buying just one wheel, it says to contact them. So I've called them like a dozen times with no answer, sent 3 emails and 3 requests for them to contact me. And I haven't heard a peep from anyone about it. So today I got an email saying to take a survey to tell them how they did. Also I notices one of the leads I posted has been marked "resolved". So I did the survey and I just couldn't help but to let other people know the trouble I've been having. Like I said I've never done this before and I've usually understanding but 2 weeks is rediculous to ignore a customer. I'm tired of driving on stock wheels and seeing $2000 just sit around collecting dust. Sorry for the rant
I feel your pain, this guy apparently was a standup guy but turned to crap recently.. I have a "vendors review" on this forum, different section about my situation and they never even bothered to chime in. Check it out below.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74461
Old 05-31-2015, 10:53 PM   #6
sirsol66

Drives: 2013 FRS- Hot Lava
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I've actually had the same experience, bought a couple sets of wheels from them previously for my Honda and Evo's but nothing but experiences recently.

One was trying to get quotes from them and availability on wheels for the FR-S. Literally took 2 months to respond (not an exaggeration).

Second issue was with ordering the Stivo front lip from them. It was such a poor experience that I ended up deciding against it.

Too bad because I like the Rota wheels but I wish there was a better vendor.
sirsol66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 02:03 PM   #7
cmarks20

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S (Raven)
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Good thing I saw this before I blew $1300 on crap service. Guess I'll just have to find another vendor that carries Rota for a decent price
cmarks20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:34 PM   #8
evomike

Drives: frs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zixxerguy View Post

so wait it sounds like you're mad because you bought cheap knockoff wheels and they bent, this whole thing sounds like they may not want to contact you back because there isn't a point to. it is not their fault the wheel bent and they probably aren't calling you back for this reason

edit; digging through your post history it seems you aren't even the original customer but got the car with the wheels on it
evomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 05:18 PM   #9
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evomike View Post
so wait it sounds like you're mad because you bought cheap knockoff wheels and they bent, this whole thing sounds like they may not want to contact you back because there isn't a point to. it is not their fault the wheel bent and they probably aren't calling you back for this reason

edit; digging through your post history it seems you aren't even the original customer but got the car with the wheels on it
You must have missed the part where he also wanted to buy 1 wheel to replace the bent one and their website says to contact them but they aren't responding.

Based on some other replies in this thread it seems like that's a trend.
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dave-ROR For This Useful Post:
cdrazic93 (06-05-2015), Koa (06-01-2015), Marco_86 (06-01-2015), mn_ca (06-24-2015), Pkush (06-01-2015), RobertPaulson (06-02-2015), STV3 (10-20-2015)
Old 06-01-2015, 07:14 PM   #10
venturaII
Only users lose drugs.

Drives: All the time
Thanked 1,067 Times in 674 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Not to pile on, but my experience with their customer support was equally as terrible. It's not the only reason I didn't buy from them, but it sure was a big part of it. Maybe he's growing faster than he can keep up with, or maybe the company is falling apart. Either way, the owner needs to realize that good customer support is the foundation of any successful retail company. I'll take a mediocre product with good C.S. over a 'better' one with crap support.
venturaII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:40 PM   #11
cmarks20

Garage
Any suggestions on where to pick up Rotas otherwise? A quick Google returned the Rota site and WheelDude
Old 06-02-2015, 08:29 AM   #12
evomike

Drives: frs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
You must have missed the part where he also wanted to buy 1 wheel to replace the bent one and their website says to contact them but they aren't responding.

Based on some other replies in this thread it seems like that's a trend.
I didn't miss that part and I didn't miss the part where he says he bought the wheels but really didn't, I know nothing about the customer service of wheel dude but I do know OP seems to make things up. I give OP zero credibility coming in and bashing a company he has never done business with and seemed to have started off by trying to get a free wheel because he bought a car with a bent wheel.
evomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:46 AM   #13
Cockatoo
TALLY FT86

Drives: 2014 FR-S Monogram -- SBD Turbo --
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarks20 View Post
Any suggestions on where to pick up Rotas otherwise? A quick Google returned the Rota site and WheelDude
I got mine from http://unleashedwheels.com/
Cockatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:47 AM   #14
cmarks20

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockatoo View Post
I'll check them out. Thanks!