follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List
go_a_way1, MisterSheep

Old 12-23-2018, 10:34 AM   #20203
JD001

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Thanked 6,196 Times in 3,478 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rican_D View Post
Little over a year old

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Damage on just one wheel? Some of the damage looks aged...
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:39 AM   #20204
Rican_D

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
All wheels have damage. The wheels are dirty that's why they look like that. They all have scratches around the lip, same section of the spokes, and around the center cap.

Rican_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:43 AM   #20205
JD001

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Thanked 6,196 Times in 3,478 Posts
It
Quote:
All wheels have damage. The wheels are dirty that's why they look like that

The damage may not have happened by their machines but mishandling when taking the wheels off the car and lack of due care when moving wheels around the Workshop..

Last edited by JD001; 12-23-2018 at 11:21 AM.
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:45 AM   #20206
Rican_D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD001 View Post
The damage my not have happened my their machines but mishandling when taking the wheels off the car and lack of due care when moving wheels around the Workshop..
Yeah honestly that's what it looks like. Scratching from prying on the tire. Probably laid the wheel face first into something.

Old 12-23-2018, 10:49 PM   #20207
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,909 Times in 16,461 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Quote:
Guy gave me number to corporate. He's telling me machine doesn't touch the areas scratched up. ..
Good pictures.

Do you wish to address my other questions that I asked?

"How many days/miles since you had the wheels mounted until you noticed the damage?

How can you be sure (prove?) the damage wasn't there before they mounted the tires?

What are you going to ask them to do about it?"

Looks to me like average wear and tear, for one year old wheels.

A couple looks like curb rash; one looks like a rock damaged and a couple looks like weak metal spots or coating defects.

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 11:27 PM   #20208
Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
I keep it tight by only using one place for everything for wheel/tire changes/repairs. I know going in the wheels are perfect since I am washing them every week and look at them and on my way out I check them again.
Mine were only $200 a piece and I might be picky but if somebody is messing up my wheel it's going to be me since I get that privilege because I paid for them. It's the only way for them to not get away with screwing
something up and even then they might fight over it if you call them out. My last nail in the tire repair couple weeks ago, the tech even has me come outside and look at a tiny little scratch(that I did when installing new lugnuts)
before he even begins to touch anything.

The last time any funny business happened to me like that was almost 20 years ago when a tint shop made little circular 2" burn marks in the passengers side seat back when they were installing the tint. The denied it
like the scumballs they are and since I was young and dumb, I just walked away angry. The car was a week old, like exactly 6 or 7 days new and untouched by anybody except me driving it off the lot and they said it
must have been there before they did anything and they didn't even use a heat gun(lie).

If you don't hold anybody accountable they will walk all over you and take advantage. It's obvious the wheel was set on it's face in 4 pics and some tool used to pry tire off the wheel in last pic because some tech is a
creep and doesn't care for his customer's property. Give them hell.
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 01:50 AM   #20209
Grey86

Drives: Tornato grey 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
So i added 20mm and 25mm spacers to my car today.
looks soooo much better then the sunken wheels now i just need my lowering springs
Grey86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Grey86 For This Useful Post:
RallySport (12-29-2018)
Old 12-24-2018, 03:10 AM   #20210
arrow34

Drives: Firestorm red FRS 2015
Replaced my aftermarket joying headunit(went bloody crazy) with a a Sony ax3000. Looks great and finally have Android auto. Had to ground the handbreak line to get it to do Android auto. But hey it worked

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
arrow34 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to arrow34 For This Useful Post:
RallySport (12-29-2018)
Old 12-24-2018, 11:00 AM   #20211
Rican_D

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Good pictures.

Do you wish to address my other questions that I asked?

"How many days/miles since you had the wheels mounted until you noticed the damage?

How can you be sure (prove?) the damage wasn't there before they mounted the tires?

What are you going to ask them to do about it?"

Looks to me like average wear and tear, for one year old wheels.

A couple looks like curb rash; one looks like a rock damaged and a couple looks like weak metal spots or coating defects.

humfrz
I don't know milage, I'm assuming you are trying to insinuate that wheels get damaged that badly from normal wear and tear?

From your post I guess you feel I'm making this up?

My wheels were like new. If there was any normal wear and tear you couldn't even notice it. Have you seen how a scratch looks like when you curb a wheel? It sure doesn't look like some one used a screwdriver. Also pretty amazing that every scratch and chip was in the same area of the wheels.

I don't know how well you treat your wheels, but I can assure you that I take great care of mine. When I sold my factory wheels those things were like new.

I'm in contact with their corporate on a resolution.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rican_D For This Useful Post:
humfrz (12-24-2018)
Old 12-24-2018, 11:05 AM   #20212
Rican_D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impureclient View Post
I keep it tight by only using one place for everything for wheel/tire changes/repairs. I know going in the wheels are perfect since I am washing them every week and look at them and on my way out I check them again.

Mine were only $200 a piece and I might be picky but if somebody is messing up my wheel it's going to be me since I get that privilege because I paid for them. It's the only way for them to not get away with screwing

something up and even then they might fight over it if you call them out. My last nail in the tire repair couple weeks ago, the tech even has me come outside and look at a tiny little scratch(that I did when installing new lugnuts)

before he even begins to touch anything.

The last time any funny business happened to me like that was almost 20 years ago when a tint shop made little circular 2" burn marks in the passengers side seat back when they were installing the tint. The denied it

like the scumballs they are and since I was young and dumb, I just walked away angry. The car was a week old, like exactly 6 or 7 days new and untouched by anybody except me driving it off the lot and they said it

must have been there before they did anything and they didn't even use a heat gun(lie).

If you don't hold anybody accountable they will walk all over you and take advantage. It's obvious the wheel was set on it's face in 4 pics and some tool used to pry tire off the wheel in last pic because some tech is a

creep and doesn't care for his customer's property. Give them hell.
Yeah, it's sickening. My issue is I'm in a new area and I don't really know a good shop around here. I was a bit hesitant to go there but, I was like ok they are recommended. I was going to this local business back in Orlando and they never damaged my wheels and charged less for install.

They swapped my sensors from factory wheels to first rims I bought and installed tires on those and no damage. Then I got these wheels, transferred sensors and tires and no damage on any of the wheels.

Old 12-24-2018, 12:36 PM   #20213
humfrz

Quote:
I don't know milage, I'm assuming you are trying to insinuate that wheels get damaged that badly from normal wear and tear?

From your post I guess you feel I'm making this up?

My wheels were like new. If there was any normal wear and tear you couldn't even notice it. Have you seen how a scratch looks like when you curb a wheel? It sure doesn't look like some one used a screwdriver. Also pretty amazing that every scratch and chip was in the same area of the wheels.

I don't know how well you treat your wheels, but I can assure you that I take great care of mine. When I sold my factory wheels those things were like new.

I'm in contact with their corporate on a resolution.

Well now, I was just trying to predict what questions that "they" will ask you, so you will be prepared with an answer.

As far as "normal" wear and tear, I've seen low profile wheels get their rims damaged in not too many miles by "stuff" flying around on the freeway to damage from driving on gravel roads. Not all curbing of the wheels gives off that sickening, grinding metallic sound that can be easily heard.

Why would I think you are making this up? You have posted pictures that show minor damage to the rims - The question is, when and how was the damage done?

I take decent care of my wheels. I wash them about twice a year, but never have waxed them. Hell, they are just wheels, made to hold the tire and attach to the running gear of the car.

I hope that you get resolution that is acceptable to you …

humfrz
Old 12-24-2018, 12:58 PM   #20214
Rican_D

You should've been more clear since you did say "my" question.

I'm well aware of what they might attempt to say. Guy at shop was like our machines don't do that. I'm dealing with corporate directly. Regional manager is being notified.

In the end the damage asked mishandling not damage by me or wear and tear. All four wheels have same exact damage.

Old 12-29-2018, 03:42 PM   #20215
Grips&slips

Drives: 99 mazda miata sport
Adjusted the clutch pedal 1mm lower than the brake. Best thing I've done so far, now it feels like my Miata does and I can launch the car much more effectively.

Last edited by Grips&slips; 12-29-2018 at 11:16 PM.
Grips&slips is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Grips&slips For This Useful Post:
humfrz (12-30-2018)
Old 12-30-2018, 02:29 AM   #20216
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grips&slips View Post
Adjusted the clutch pedal 1mm lower than the brake. Best thing I've done so far, now it feels like my Miata does and I can launch the car much more effectively.
That's the first thing I noticed between my NC Maita and my FR-S. I just adjusted my leg -

humfrz

Tags
:popcorn:, :popcorn: funny tags, nsfc, rice rice baby