follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 09-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #15
GremlinDX
Because Racecar

Drives: 13 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
To be honest, why don't you just come to CT and buy one nearly every dealer has one or more in stock. There is a black limited at schaller Subaru now. I ordered the car in may, it was suppose to transfer from another store. When they couldn't transfer they just ordered it but didn't know know how long it would be. So I just got my deposit back and got one from another local dealer. But it looks like the car showed up like a week ago because they were out of allocations in may.
GremlinDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #16
brzninja

Drives: 2015 WRB WRX Premium
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GremlinDX View Post
To be honest, why don't you just come to CT and buy one nearly every dealer has one or more in stock. There is a black limited at schaller Subaru now. I ordered the car in may, it was suppose to transfer from another store. When they couldn't transfer they just ordered it but didn't know know how long it would be. So I just got my deposit back and got one from another local dealer. But it looks like the car showed up like a week ago because they were out of allocations in may.
Well, while I'm not going as far as CT to get one. I am doing what you are saying. I'm in the process of seeing if my dealer will transfer one I found about an hour away. Same trim different color (silver instead of blue). If not I'll just cancel my pre order...hopefully get my 500 back and go to the dealer that has it.

Just waiting for my original dealer to call me back......waiting...waiting...waiting...
Old 09-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #17
brzninja

Drives: 2015 WRB WRX Premium
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
So for any that care or want to do this. All it takes is one question. "Is there any around the area we can transfer?"

I'm going from getting mine mid November to "in a few days". My AWESOME sales rep Bill pulled through and will be getting a WRB limited which is in transit on a truck.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #18
20valvewynn83

Drives: 2013 FRS/01 Tacoma
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Did not read all the post but according to my source Toyota has stopped shipment of the FRS until Subaru fixes the tune on the ecm that causes the check engine light to come on. Don't ask me for documentation because it was verbal confirmation.
20valvewynn83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #19
GremlinDX
Because Racecar

Drives: 13 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by brzninja View Post
So for any that care or want to do this. All it takes is one question. "Is there any around the area we can transfer?"

I'm going from getting mine mid November to "in a few days". My AWESOME sales rep Bill pulled through and will be getting a WRB limited which is in transit on a truck.
Good deal dude, there's no reason anyone should be waiting around for months to get one of these cars all the way from Japan when there are literally hundreds of them available in the U.S. For well under MSRP by the way.
GremlinDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:40 PM   #20
jemartti

Drives: '89 MR2 s/c
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
Damn, I wonder when I might have to order my car in order to get it by april/may of next year...
I'm trying to figure this out too. I'd like to put money down to pick one up in April/May 2013 but I'm not sure when I'll have to place the order.
jemartti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:41 PM   #21
Turbowned

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Perf Pack 6MT
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,150 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemartti View Post
I'm trying to figure this out too. I'd like to put money down to pick one up in April/May 2013 but I'm not sure when I'll have to place the order.
Keeping your MR2 or selling it? I can't decide whether to keep mine and make it a track car or sell it and pay off the BRZ quicker

Current: 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S 6MT
Previous: 2 BRZ's, 997 C2S, C5 RS6, C4 S6, B8 S4, GDB STi, S30 240Z, FC3S RX-7 TII, AW11/SW20 MR2, E30 318is/325i, etc.
Turbowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #22
Coheed

Drives: DGM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I cannot wait. All I have to spend money on is my house. So I guess I'm just gonna save a nice lump until February. I should be able to pay this car off in a couple years. I'm not rich folk like a lot of you guys. I got a family to support and a wife who stays at home. But its a great feeling to be able to accomplish that these days.

Come on FEB!
Coheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #23
Josh B
Buzz Killington

Drives: A slow truck
I'm currently in line waiting for a WRB BRZ 6MT and was told I probably shouldn't expect it until Feb or later.
Josh B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #24
jemartti

Drives: '89 MR2 s/c
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
Keeping your MR2 or selling it? I can't decide whether to keep mine and make it a track car or sell it and pay off the BRZ quicker
I'm planning on selling the MR2. As much as I love it, it's starting to become too much of a hassle to keep it on the road.
jemartti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #25
ftc~brz
Done

Drives: WRB BRZ
Thanked 4,936 Times in 2,101 Posts
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coheed View Post
I cannot wait. All I have to spend money on is my house. So I guess I'm just gonna save a nice lump until February. I should be able to pay this car off in a couple years. I'm not rich folk like a lot of you guys. I got a family to support and a wife who stays at home. But its a great feeling to be able to accomplish that these days.

Come on FEB!
Good to hear more adult owners around!
I would love to mod out but I don't want to have a "cool" car while my house falls apart around me. My payments low enough after trade in that I can pay off early and then blow money on aftermarket stuff AFTER that's done. (And cheap oem replacement parts from the youngins)
Good for you getting to have your cake and eating it too!
ftc~brz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ftc~brz For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (11-04-2012)
Old 10-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #26
DBacon1052

Drives: Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
they told me this after i put my deposit. I thought I was going to have to wait months, but then it came in a week later.
DBacon1052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:24 PM   #27
gonbrz

Drives: World Rally Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Why is it so difficult for dealerships to give you the expected arrival date, when they have confirm that your vehicle is on the vessel already?
gonbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #28
cnk

Drives: '13 DGM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonbrz View Post
Why is it so difficult for dealerships to give you the expected arrival date, when they have confirm that your vehicle is on the vessel already?
Normal transport time is about 4 weeks from Japan to US East Coast I believe. Throw in unpredictable weather conditions, then once it gets to port, it depends how fast they process the vehicle. That usually includes port inspections, paperwork, any port installed options. Then they have to get it on a trailer to the dealership. All of this involves unpredictable variables that are outside the control of the dealership. That's why you usually get a rough time frame and not a date. Once the car hits port, they can usually give you a better ETA.
cnk is offline   Reply With Quote