follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Great Lakes IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI

User Tag List

Old 09-12-2015, 09:22 AM   #3977
fasteddy

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey Guys, I thought I would throw this out there. I am putting my car (2013 WRB BRZ) up for sale shortly and am demodding now. I have an ad up for my brake kit http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94696 and will be putting up other ads as I go.

I also have a Jackson Racing supercharger, a nice set of Enkei PF-01's with MPSS's, a set of wheels with snow tires and some other small things as well.

Feel free to PM me on anything. I will have ads up for the rest shortly.

Pat
fasteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 06:00 PM   #3978
Blu-by-U
Some Dumb Guy

Drives: wanting an Acabian
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Don't know who all was at MAP PG2015.2, many thanks to @Gopherboy6956 for the ride in a bit more than I want to drive (getting old ya know). Almost had me reaching for an OS handle, almost, better luck next time. Think I'll be staying with NA, didn't get to chat with the guy that owned a red twin. He was running hot without FI.

Will be driving with you next spring, still hoping to do the long course this year, we'll see. So much for HPDS @ BIR, might still do a day or two.

Awesome weekend weather wise and conditions were near perfect (IMHO) for driving. Met some noobies from ND (west side) and they were both happy with the performance of their cars (BRZ & TC-S9). Glad to know they had a good weekend.

Security told me of a place where I can camp (quietly, privately) and I will be there from now on. Which is where I will try for movies (first up "Need for Speed") in the evening, still scoping the thing out. But I'll be sleeping away from the rabble (for lack of a better word, remember, I'm old) and I will be blocking passage with my car.

All in all, good weekend watching all the kids play and watching serious people get to enjoy their passion.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:14 PM   #3979
KevinK121
Miata traitor

Drives: 2002 Miata SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Just wanted to say thanks to the guys who stopped by to lend a hand or shoot out a couple ideas for me very much appreciated!

The road course is truly an addicting experience. My projected build did a complete 180° after lap one.

I had the go pro running during my spin out. That should be an interesting bit of a video

To the guy that launched in reverse; don't feel too bad I did the same thing on saturday.... in drag.... in front of everyone I'm sure a lot of people had a good laugh lol oh well. (Only dragged because autox was full and I didn't want to be too bored)

You're probably the same as me when you get too fidgety with the reverse ring/lever.
KevinK121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:25 AM   #3980
TMF

Drives: '14 FRS TT5
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinK121 View Post
To the guy that launched in reverse; don't feel too bad I did the same thing on saturday.... in drag.... in front of everyone I'm sure a lot of people had a good laugh lol oh well. (Only dragged because autox was full and I didn't want to be too bored)

You're probably the same as me when you get too fidgety with the reverse ring/lever.
LOL, that was me...but the full story is that the starter first told me to go, I launched (forwards ) and then he stopped me right away because a car was coming. So I backed up to the start line...which is when I proceeded to forget to put it back in first I fortunately noticed it before I let the clutch all the way out and stopped in time. I then proceeded to get it in first, do a proper launch (probably more wheels spin than necessary), and I'm pretty sure that was my fasted lap at 107.4

Anyway, I had a blast with the SSS format and glad I finally made it to Proving Grounds. It wasn't my first time to BIR, but it was the first in the FRS...which was entirely differently than my STI but a lot more fun. It was good to see some familiar faces and put some faces to screen names!

Kevin - glad you found the issue too and that it wasn't anything major! I'll be curious to see your video...and for what it's worth, I don't think you can go flat out in turn 2 from start to finish, at least not without slicks (I think you mentioned you tried going flat out and lifted at the end, which resulted in the spin). I think the quickest you'll be able to go in turn 2 is a lift before turn-in, and then gradually ease back into full throttle.

Teddy - nice driving! I'm pretty sure you were the fastest twin, and you're NA. Good work
Old 09-14-2015, 11:52 AM   #3981
KevinK121
Miata traitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMF View Post
LOL, that was me...but the full story is that the starter first told me to go, I launched (forwards ) and then he stopped me right away because a car was coming. So I backed up to the start line...which is when I proceeded to forget to put it back in first I fortunately noticed it before I let the clutch all the way out and stopped in time. I then proceeded to get it in first, do a proper launch (probably more wheels spin than necessary), and I'm pretty sure that was my fasted lap at 107.4

Anyway, I had a blast with the SSS format and glad I finally made it to Proving Grounds. It wasn't my first time to BIR, but it was the first in the FRS...which was entirely differently than my STI but a lot more fun. It was good to see some familiar faces and put some faces to screen names!

Kevin - glad you found the issue too and that it wasn't anything major! I'll be curious to see your video...and for what it's worth, I don't think you can go flat out in turn 2 from start to finish, at least not without slicks (I think you mentioned you tried going flat out and lifted at the end, which resulted in the spin). I think the quickest you'll be able to go in turn 2 is a lift before turn-in, and then gradually ease back into full throttle.

Teddy - nice driving! I'm pretty sure you were the fastest twin, and you're NA. Good work
My friend in the white civic si said he was punched all the way through. After doing it and spinning I think I probably could have held it with a different line. I just started sliding around the follow through and it got a bit wobbly. Its on his go pro so I have to wait patiently for the footage. I kinda cant wait to see it. When I went back out I tried what you mentioned. Full throttle all the way to the turn lifted right before turn in and it carried fine.

The reverse button is a bad habit I need to break. When Im anxious Im clicking it up and down like I have the winning answer on jeopardy haha.... I think I learned my lesson on Saturday though. I doubt that'll happen again.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:35 PM   #3982
KevinK121
Miata traitor

Grats on the 107 btw that's not a bad number at all my best was 113.9 before I got all off track mentally (and physically haaa).

I was still proud being it was only my third lap ever on that course.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:06 PM   #3983
redlined600

Drives: Fr-s
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMF View Post
I don't think you can go flat out in turn 2 from start to finish, at least not without slicks (I think you mentioned you tried going flat out and lifted at the end, which resulted in the spin). I think the quickest you'll be able to go in turn 2 is a lift before turn-in, and then gradually ease back into full throttle.

Thanks

I'm now confident that my car could go flat-through 2 if, I had the balls. Looking back at the data I had one lap that I didn't fully lift and only lost 1 mph between max speed between 1-2 and turn 2 entrance speed(110mph to 109mph), on the throttle probably >75% to apex then 100% throttle.

My only regret was not getting my act together to run E85.
redlined600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:13 PM   #3984
KevinK121
Miata traitor

What tuning system are you running?
Old 09-14-2015, 01:37 PM   #3985
redlined600

ECUtek tuned by motoeast
Old 09-14-2015, 01:44 PM   #3986
Gopherboy6956

Drives: 13 BRZ Limited WRB
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlined600 View Post
Thanks

I'm now confident that my car could go flat-through 2 if, I had the balls. Looking back at the data I had one lap that I didn't fully lift and only lost 1 mph between max speed between 1-2 and turn 2 entrance speed(110mph to 109mph), on the throttle probably >75% to apex then 100% throttle.

My only regret was not getting my act together to run E85.
I can't hold flat out in 2 on Z2SS. I reached about 120 at the turn in and started sliding the rear at 117 near the apex. I lifted just a little on that one going in. It was my best full road course lap at 1:50:01 though.

Typically I probably apex at 110-111 and hit 120 again before I brake at 4 or 3.5 marker into 3

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2015, 01:58 PM   #3987
redlined600

Is that speedo indicated or based off gps data?
Old 09-14-2015, 02:03 PM   #3988
Gopherboy6956

Drives: 13 BRZ Limited WRB
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlined600 View Post
Is that speedo indicated or based off gps data?
Speedo. Just have a quick second to look. I could check my Harry's lap timer I spouse and see if I can fish out that data. I know my car reads 1 mph faster than GPS on the interstate on the current setup

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2015, 05:57 PM   #3989
KevinK121
Miata traitor

Jeeeeze 1:50. That's awesome, man. What'd you place in your class?
Old 09-15-2015, 07:33 PM   #3990
ka-t_240

Drives: BRZ
I'm sad I didn't get my Harry's working to get some lap-times this weekend. I only got 2-3 laps that session once I was finally able to unlock my google account. Stupid dislocated shoulder....

I believe Stan F ran a 1:49.X or a very low 1:50.x during the NASA races in July, can't remember from back then.
ka-t_240 is offline   Reply With Quote