follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 07-16-2015, 02:59 PM   #29
BRZtoni
Turbo E85

Drives: 13 wrb brz
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsmar View Post
Yeah he quite obviously has injector issues for sure and most probably MAP from that short log... I didn't bother looking at the MAF though.

P.S. You boosted a high compression engine, please be safe and don't be hitting boost until you get it to a tuner. This is why I like to have the car dyno tuned right off the bat vs flashing, and waiting a few days for feedback =/

The cars are simliar enough a generic rom can be made but if your having these many issues (likely due to MAP & injectors, as delicious usually uses a different set of injectors) then I would let it mellow out until you get it tuned and avoid driving it. If you had the exact setup that delicious typically uses then the car should run a bit more within the margin of error.
just sent my log again to delicious. and hopefully can get a response soon.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:26 PM   #30
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZtoni View Post
just sent my log again to delicious. and hopefully can get a response soon.
We are working with Toni on this and unfortunately it's never as simple as "It idles on this base map but not on your tune" since the base map is a hybrid and therefore using maf at idle and low load, whereas ours is purely MAP all the time. The fact that there are still fueling issues on the base map as well with extended cranking is suspect, but we're leaning more toward a map issue and are sending a tune scaled for the stock map sensor purely to see if it will idle properly in order to rule out the map sensor.

Sincerely,

Zach
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
BRZtoni (07-16-2015)
Old 07-21-2015, 12:41 AM   #31
BRZtoni
Turbo E85

*UPDATE*

i correctly my rough starting issue. it took multiple cranks to start the car then it acted normal. LJ recommended me to remove my fuel pump and add more o-rings to the pump to seat better. i took his advise and added 2 more even though he said 3 and the car started! with no issues..
Old 07-21-2015, 08:27 AM   #32
GsxrMe

Drives: Late 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
*UPDATE*

i correctly my rough starting issue. it took multiple cranks to start the car then it acted normal. LJ recommended me to remove my fuel pump and add more o-rings to the pump to seat better. i took his advise and added 2 more even though he said 3 and the car started! with no issues..
Did you leave off the factory pumps o-ring hence the need to add more than 3 o-rings on your new pump?
GsxrMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:30 AM   #33
BRZtoni
Turbo E85

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsxrMe View Post
Did you leave off the factory pumps o-ring hence the need to add more than 3 o-rings on your new pump?
I transfered oved the factory o-ring and nylon washer on like what the instructions showed.. And had the cranking rough start but added two more for a total of 3 o rings now and the car does start normally now.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:18 AM   #34
Jhood

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited [6MT/SWP]
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I transfered oved the factory o-ring and nylon washer on like what the instructions showed.. And had the cranking rough start but added two more for a total of 3 o rings now and the car does start normally now.

Did this also fix your rough low end issue? As far as the RPM's jumping around when taking off or holding them at around 2000
Jhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:06 AM   #35
BRZtoni
Turbo E85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhood View Post
Did this also fix your rough low end issue? As far as the RPM's jumping around when taking off or holding them at around 2000
that was corrected via a revised tune that LJ sent me.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:51 AM   #36
BRZtoni
Turbo E85

Quote:
I'm awaiting a map sensor from @DeliciousTuning.

they have sent me a tune to determine if my 4 bar from fb was causing the idle flucuation and it was determined to be correct but i am still currently driving with LJ tune which has not given me any issues.. crossing fingers that my flash and go kit from delicious will work with the new map sensor.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:53 AM   #37
Jhood

Quote:
that was corrected via a revised tune that LJ sent me.
Oh alright well I am kind of in the same boat as you were, after 3 months of headaches I finally have my car running without leaks, but the car is idling a little off and is VERY jumpy on the low end, plus it leans out when hitting boost and feels very dangerous to drive, with the base map installed. And I seen you chose to go with Delicious Tuning's flash and go tune and were working with them to fix the issue... is there a reason your not using their tune anymore and are back with FBM's tune??
Old 07-21-2015, 11:56 AM   #38
BRZtoni
Turbo E85

Quote:
Quote:
Oh alright well I am kind of in the same boat as you were, after 3 months of headaches I finally have my car running without leaks, but the car is idling a little off and is VERY jumpy on the low end, plus it leans out when hitting boost and feels very dangerous to drive, with the base map installed. And I seen you chose to go with Delicious Tuning's flash and go tune and were working with them to fix the issue... is there a reason your not using their tune anymore and are back with FBM's tune??

they have sent me a tune to determine if my 4 bar from fb was causing the idle flucuation and it was determined to be correct but i am still currently driving with LJ tune which has not given me any issues.. crossing fingers that my flash and go kit from delicious will work with the new map sensor.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:56 AM   #39
Jhood

Quote:

Ahhhh gotcha, ignore my last post then lol

That's funny because I am also using the 4 bar map sensor purchased from full blown, will have to see if it is also the reason for my issues
Old 05-25-2016, 02:50 PM   #40
HuntingtonFRS

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S in White
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Any updates to these issues?
HuntingtonFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:28 PM   #41
GsxrMe

Drives: Late 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I've been using FBM ecutek tune and 4bar for almost a year now personally. I've had no issues with idle and my failsafe has been spot on with a/f.

I'm saving for a engine build and tune at the same time. I haven't had 1 knock since install either

I do understand I'm not getting the most out of my kit but I rather not bend a rod
FBM Turbokit: GTX3076R - ECUTEK HRI FlexFuel tune - FBM 3" Turboback Exhaust - 550cc Injectors - Walbro 485 Fuel Pump - 4bar Map Sensor - FBM Oil Pan - ACT SB7-XTSS - AMSOIL all fluids - Forester XT Oil Cooler - Cusco engine, trans mounts - Whiteline rear differential bushings - Perrin shifter bushing - Firehawk 235/45/17 - AEM Failsafe
GsxrMe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GsxrMe For This Useful Post:
SoCal80six (05-26-2016)