follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #43
DBacon1052

Drives: Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoi23 View Post
I have no license plate frame, buddy. The one that came on the car was screwed on word and started scratching the paint so i just took it off.
I see you took the advice . Keep us updated on the situation. I don't know how long this type of thing takes to get fixed, but hopefully it's done by the December c&c.
DBacon1052 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DBacon1052 For This Useful Post:
enjoi23 (11-07-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #44
DBacon1052

Drives: Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior_Mint View Post
Word.. ok last question... Do you skate, I noticed the Enjoi username and Diamond Avatar.....
Do you like Junior Mints... Sorry I had to
DBacon1052 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DBacon1052 For This Useful Post:
enjoi23 (11-07-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #45
Junior_Mint

Drives: 2011 challenger srt8/2013 scion frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
They are ok I guess.. Woodlands? Me too..
Junior_Mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #46
fistpoint

Drives: Supercharged Golf Cart
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shishand View Post
I'd be quite aggressive and get whats deserve fully mine.. IF you are 100% sure the other driver was at fault.
Yup. You simply DO NOT LET THIS GO. Do not accept anything less than her stupid ass paying you. Take her to small claims court too if it ends up not working in your favor. Who cares if you lose in small claims, it's worth a try and wastes her time and doesn't cost very much.

You need the insurance investigator to inspect BOTH cars, side-by-side if possible.
fistpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:29 PM   #47
enjoi23
12% Done with the car.

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Word.. ok last question... Do you skate, I noticed the Enjoi username and Diamond Avatar.....
I used to skate. Before I could drive, it was how I got around..But as I started becoming more mature and going to college and getting a job,etc., I stopped skating. I still respect the sport and people that do it. I just had to grow up sometime :/

Can't complain though, kuz my hobbies now include MMA training and doing research for my car!

Also I have the Diamond logo as my avatar to add some kind of my tastes/personality to my profile. I mean I could put my car, but everyone knows how a whiteout looks.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #48
enjoi23
12% Done with the car.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBacon1052 View Post
I see you took the advice . Keep us updated on the situation. I don't know how long this type of thing takes to get fixed, but hopefully it's done by the December c&c.
Oh no, I have full coverage. either way, my car will get fixed.. it's just a matter of whether her insurance company or mine will pay in the end. I have to pay a 500$ deductable and then the rest is theirs.

Also, the car will be done long before December...I had it sceduled to be opticoated on the 17th, so Idk how things are going to work out now :/
Old 11-08-2012, 12:31 AM   #49
Junior_Mint

Quote:
I used to skate. Before I could drive, it was how I got around..But as I started becoming more mature and going to college and getting a job,etc., I stopped skating. I still respect the sport and people that do it. I just had to grow up sometime :/

Can't complain though, kuz my hobbies now include MMA training and doing research for my car!

Also I have the Diamond logo as my avatar to add some kind of my tastes/personality to my profile. I mean I could put my car, but everyone knows how a whiteout looks.
Forsure it would be tight if u still did, wasn't being judgmental at all.. I'm too afraid to grow up...
Old 11-08-2012, 12:31 AM   #50
fistpoint

Drives: Supercharged Golf Cart
Quote:
Oh no, I have full coverage. either way, my car will get fixed.. it's just a matter of whether her insurance company or mine will pay in the end. I have to pay a 500$ deductable and then the rest is theirs.

Also, the car will be done long before December...I had it sceduled to be opticoated on the 17th, so Idk how things are going to work out now :/
So you are "temporarily" filing under your own insurance while they hopefully investigate and conclude it was in fact her fault? OK...just make sure you keep on top of it as it may take significant time to get your deductible back.

I filed under uninsured motorist once(similar situation), and it took Allstate almost 3 years to pay me back. One day a letter showed up with a check. That was back when Allstate was involved in a class-action lawsuit for screwing customers out of owed money and overcharging.

Having her found guilty also cleans your record. Because as of right now regardless of what lies your insurance company told you, it has definitely been put on your record, and not necessarily the one you can look at, but an internal record deep in their vaults.

I learned that last part during yet another incident over my many years of driving. Lady smashes directly into the front of my car head on in a parking lot. We both had <deep voice> "ALLSTATE". Parking lot = private property = no fault, aka both parties pay. I refused such a settlement and mentioned the obvious conflict of interest.

It took 7-8 days but I did NOT pay a deductible in the end...but it certainly was put on my record anyway. When I was shopping around for new insurance I kept being told it was clean, but a more thorough investigation 10 calls deep into Allstate customer service painted a different picture of my "real" record. To sum it up, even when it isn't your fault, simply calling your insurance and informing them you have been in an accident apparently counts against you. Not as much as it being your fault, but it still counts.
fistpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:36 AM   #51
Junior_Mint

Sorry about your ride again...don't worry it will be good as new soon
The Following User Says Thank You to Junior_Mint For This Useful Post:
enjoi23 (11-08-2012)
Old 11-08-2012, 12:39 AM   #52
CSSM
Still Dreamin'

Drives: 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingen View Post
Blah, I hate liars.

I swear, every one of these threads makes the idea of buying a dash cam just a little more palatable. It may not show her hitting you, but it WOULD show that you weren't swerving and weaving around in the road like... well like an old person.
Yep, I am in this exact situation now, this girl who hit me is lying and saying I hit her (the rear quarter of my car was hit as she was backing out of a spot). I'm getting a smartphone this month, and I will get a car holder and a dash cam app for when I drive around. The thing that sucks is that I had a small spy cam set up as a dash cam but it ran out of memory before the collision
CSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:44 AM   #53
Wes

Drives: JRSC'd Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Man no lie I get scared driving next to old people... sorry for your car though =[ hope you can get it fixed soon
Not cool that she lied though.. I hate people like that.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:11 AM   #54
enjoi23
12% Done with the car.

Garage
Quote:
Forsure it would be tight if u still did, wasn't being judgmental at all.. I'm too afraid to grow up...
The real world is a scary place, so just make smart decisions... and stay away from women drivers.