follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 10-05-2020, 05:13 AM   #1
letmethefuqin

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Retrofit BRZ apple carplay into 2014 GT 86

Been searching the forums for information on this and have gotten a little lost

Managed to pick up one of the apple play starlink head units from a BRZ and started to put it into a Australian GT86

While I managed to fit most plugs a few didnt fit so I've left them out for the moment - Just trying to figure out whats still missing etc

When Plugged in, Ive come across the following errors

Headunit does not shut off when car is off/locked - however after 5 mins of idle it seems to turn its self to sleep mode/off
*** Any Idea what causes this?

USB is not reading - I dont believe I have this part plugged into the back of the head unit as the plugs maybe different??
*** Are any of the plugs in the picture related to this?

GPS is not picking up location

Unattached plugs
-------------------
16 pin plug (8/8) - 1 red wire out of the back of it.
Green Square plug - Circle terminal inside
4 pin plug (2/2) - Possible 1 wire in it, and 2 looped wires (Sub/Reverse camera possiblly - def aftermarket wiring done)
Attached Images

letmethefuqin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:38 PM   #2
Bowflex

Drives: Scion FR-S
Any reason why you didn’t just go aftermarket? I don’t think the newer radios are plug and play with the older cars.
Bowflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:50 AM   #3
letmethefuqin

Drives: 86
Got it cheap
And also, I come from an era where modifying cars was about trying something new and doing something to make it your own

no hate, but a lot of car mods these days run the same 3 styles, originality doesn't really exist in my country that much like it use to
letmethefuqin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 04:15 PM   #4
Bowflex

Drives: Scion FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by letmethefuqin View Post
Got it cheap
And also, I come from an era where modifying cars was about trying something new and doing something to make it your own

no hate, but a lot of car mods these days run the same 3 styles, originality doesn't really exist in my country that much like it use to
Got it. The newer OEM stereos with carplay usually cost a lot more than the aftermarket alternatives, so I was curious. Hopefully you can get it to work.
Bowflex is offline   Reply With Quote