follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

User Tag List

Old 09-17-2014, 07:21 PM   #365
ALB

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I vote for Raleigh. I know it's lame for a car guy to not want to drive, but it seems like the Raleigh meet keeps happening outside Raleigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ALB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ALB For This Useful Post:
NotSoJDM (09-18-2014)
Old 09-18-2014, 06:50 AM   #366
NotSoJDM

Drives: '13 BRZ | '04 E55
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Garage
**Raleigh, NC** - Weekly Meet Info

Hey guys, sorry for the late posting. I've been traveling for work this week, but I'll be back in time for the meet.

This week is going to be
Red Robin & Brier Creek.

Meet time I'm going to push to 7:30 for tonight's meet.

Hope to see you guys there!
NotSoJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NotSoJDM For This Useful Post:
ThisGuy919 (09-18-2014)
Old 09-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #367
ImAwesome

Drives: 99' M3, 13' SWP Brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
We'll be there
ImAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:55 PM   #368
NotSoJDM

Garage
Currently in Detroit airport, buy should make it in time!
Old 09-18-2014, 07:34 PM   #369
Fr-s.h

Drives: Golden White
Hey guys, I might catch the end of it but I definitely wanted to go over a couple of things with everyone,

1. Are we still cruising to cars and coffee? If so what time are we meeting and where?

I was wondering what you guys thought about having Triangle Subies group join us for thr cruise to cars and coffee?

2. Also, what do you guys think about having triangle subies group come to one of our meets?

Reason im asking is they were kind enough to invite me and other frs/brz owners to their Sunday meets, so I thought we'd invite them too!

Stopped by last Sunday and I can assure you it would make for a great turnout, they have some very clean and cool subies to share with us.

Looking forward to seeing you guys tonight
Old 09-18-2014, 07:45 PM   #370
NotSoJDM

Garage
**Raleigh, NC** - Weekly Meet Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr-s.h View Post
Hey guys, I might catch the end of it but I definitely wanted to go over a couple of things with everyone,

1. Are we still cruising to cars and coffee? If so what time are we meeting and where?

I was wondering what you guys thought about having Triangle Subies group join us for thr cruise to cars and coffee?

2. Also, what do you guys think about having triangle subies group come to one of our meets?

Reason im asking is they were kind enough to invite me and other frs/brz owners to their Sunday meets, so I thought we'd invite them too!

Stopped by last Sunday and I can assure you it would make for a great turnout, they have some very clean and cool subies to share with us.

Looking forward to seeing you guys tonight

1. Yes. I just got back from a work trip. But will post details up tonight. TSO currently meet at TurboTime for the cruise to C&C. We will still have our own separate meet location to caravan to C&C, but of course you are always welcome to cruise with either group.

2. They are a great group of guys for sure. I don't have a problem inviting them, and our meets are always open to anyone. However, I would like to prevent it from turning into a large meet with a multitude of cars because I think one thing that makes us so successful is how close knit we are and that we share a very common interest.

I think for those interested in a large group of people gathering, TSO meets are a great opportunity. Those who like a smaller meet will still appreciate the FT86 club meet ups. Having the choice of going to either is great for everyone, which is why it's nice to keep some degree of separation.

How does everyone else feel about that? After all we are a group, so other opinions are always appreciated!
Old 09-18-2014, 10:21 PM   #371
Fr-s.h

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoJDM View Post
1. Yes. I just got back from a work trip. But will post details up tonight. TSO currently meet at TurboTime for the cruise to C&C. We will still have our own separate meet location to caravan to C&C, but of course you are always welcome to cruise with either group.

2. They are a great group of guys for sure. I don't have a problem inviting them, and our meets are always open to anyone. However, I would like to prevent it from turning into a large meet with a multitude of cars because I think one thing that makes us so successful is how close knit we are and that we share a very common interest.

I think for those interested in a large group of people gathering, TSO meets are a great opportunity. Those who like a smaller meet will still appreciate the FT86 club meet ups. Having the choice of going to either is great for everyone, which is why it's nice to keep some degree of separation.

How does everyone else feel about that? After all we are a group, so other opinions are always appreciated!
So how was the meet guys?

1. Ok sounds good, in for details on the meeting spot and time for c&c

The TSO guys would like to join us on our cruise to cars and coffee, after speaking with a couple of the guys they were saying that there tends to be a lack of participation when it comes to meeting up and riding out to C&C so they would be willing to ride out with us, if thats ok with you Jordan. Either way I plan on riding out with the 86 crew come Saturday for whoever is up to it.

2. Yes in my few encounters with TSO, I have always felt welcomed. Its understandable if you want to keep the Thursday meets strictly ZN6s, I just thought it would be nice to see some other Subaru owners come out to our meets since we do after all share common interests and logos, lol. Theres also a TSO member that I know who actually happens to have a BRZ.......(Notsojdm) I think we have more BRZ owners at the meets then Scions anyways and the parking lot/ photos would be sick!

I like both meets honestly and its even better that they fall on completely different days, it allows me to check both out, highly recommend it, its nice that both meets usually take place at briers creek too.

Sucks that I missed you guys tonight, my car was washed and everything, <--------UPSET
Old 09-18-2014, 10:29 PM   #372
Fr-s.h

On another note, I was thinking maybe we should get cards printed up to pass out like TSO has or maybe something similar.

This thought came to mind after countless encounters with other Frs/brz owners or just their cars in the parking lot. Part of me wanted to leave a hand written note but I think an invitational card or something along those lines seems more appropriate/ inviting.

Just a thought to help our group grow.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:35 PM   #373
NotSoJDM

Garage
Quote:
On another note, I was thinking maybe we should get cards printed up to pass out like TSO has or maybe something similar.

This thought came to mind after countless encounters with other Frs/brz owners or just their cars in the parking lot. Part of me wanted to leave a hand written note but I think an invitational card or something along those lines seems more appropriate/ inviting.

Just a thought to help our group grow.

I have cards that I made last year. You're welcome to have some of them. They just have my name on them as the "Raleigh" organizer. We can collaborate and come up with a cool design for some new ones though. Like a group photo like TSO.
Fr-s.h (09-18-2014)
Old 09-18-2014, 10:39 PM   #374
NotSoJDM

Garage
Quote:
So how was the meet guys?

1. Ok sounds good, in for details on the meeting spot and time for c&c

The TSO guys would like to join us on our cruise to cars and coffee, after speaking with a couple of the guys they were saying that there tends to be a lack of participation when it comes to meeting up and riding out to C&C so they would be willing to ride out with us, if thats ok with you Jordan. Either way I plan on riding out with the 86 crew come Saturday for whoever is up to it.

2. Yes in my few encounters with TSO, I have always felt welcomed. Its understandable if you want to keep the Thursday meets strictly ZN6s, I just thought it would be nice to see some other Subaru owners come out to our meets since we do after all share common interests and logos, lol. Theres also a TSO member that I know who actually happens to have a BRZ.......(Notsojdm) I think we have more BRZ owners at the meets then Scions anyways and the parking lot/ photos would be sick!

I like both meets honestly and its even better that they fall on completely different days, it allows me to check both out, highly recommend it, its nice that both meets usually take place at briers creek too.

Sucks that I missed you guys tonight, my car was washed and everything, <--------UPSET

Dont get me wrong. Our group and our events are not closed settings. They are open to anyone and everyone; I would never say someone is not welcomed. Anyone can come to our meets in any car anytime.
Fr-s.h (09-18-2014)
Old 09-18-2014, 10:40 PM   #375
NotSoJDM

Garage
CARS & COFFEE CARAVAN!
Saturday 9/20/14 @ 7:30am

Fuel Stop
10250 Little Brier Creek Ln, Raleigh, NC 27617
(919) 361-5300

We will leave out from there at 7:45am!
Fr-s.h (09-18-2014)
Old 09-18-2014, 10:48 PM   #376
Fr-s.h

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoJDM View Post
I have cards that I made last year. You're welcome to have some of them. They just have my name on them as the "Raleigh" organizer. We can collaborate and come up with a cool design for some new ones though. Like a group photo like TSO.
Lol I dont think we have to make them as fancy but something promoting our group and meets would be nice, so other zn6 owners can see that we are legit and that we take pride in what we do! Put it down in the agenda for the next meet. Id be willing to make a donation to help get the cards made if need be.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:52 PM   #377
Fr-s.h

Caravan to Cars and Coffee attendees:

1. NotSoJDM
2. Fr-s.h
Old 09-19-2014, 12:16 PM   #378
TylerEvil
Blue Rocket

Drives: 2015 Series.Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Caravan to Cars and Coffee attendees:

1. NotSoJDM
2. Fr-s.h
3. Tyler
Almost forgot C&C was this weekend. Im in, see you all in the morning. Where does the actual meet happen? Have a few people that would like to come check it out, but they don't really need to line up for the twins caravan and would probably just show up at the spot.
TylerEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TylerEvil For This Useful Post:
Fr-s.h (09-19-2014)