follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 11-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #169
racecaresuaceb

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ LTD
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap0cFCB View Post
Thanks, I love my car and get compliments all the time. Would be hard to give it up but I really liked how the BRZ felt and drove. I'm in no rush to make a decision though so we'll see. Might give it another test drive or two to get a better feel of it.
You should def give another test drive. Just keep an eye out if you want to get it this year though. These babies are going pretty fast.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18221

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9518
racecaresuaceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #170
racecaresuaceb

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ LTD
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkd79 View Post
Hi,

I'm looking for a BRZ in white and automatic in socal
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18221

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9518

Might help your search.
racecaresuaceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #171
Kkd79

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by racecaresuaceb View Post
Appreciate it
Kkd79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #172
einzlr

Drives: several
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
@Ap0cFCB Really nice looking mods. Very classy and understated especially with a vivid color like Grabber Blue.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap0cFCB View Post
Thanks, I love my car and get compliments all the time. Would be hard to give it up but I really liked how the BRZ felt and drove. I'm in no rush to make a decision though so we'll see. Might give it another test drive or two to get a better feel of it.
I hear you, I do. Does it really have to be either/or? They are very different cars, after all. I have no doubt you'd love the BRZ, but you'd miss everything you love about your Mustang.

"Simplicate and add lightness." - Gordon Hooton
einzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:45 AM   #173
Ap0cFCB

Drives: Mustang (for now)
Quote:
You should def give another test drive. Just keep an eye out if you want to get it this year though. These babies are going pretty fast.
Probably not this year or next as I'm going away all next year. By then, they'll have the 2015 Mustang which is going to get IRS and shed some weight. That might be a tougher decision. Best bet would be to get rid of my car now though so I can save money in the meantime.
Ap0cFCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #174
1FastBrz

Drives: 2013 brz limited blue
Just got my 2013 Limited BRZ. Cant wait to start the turbo project.
1FastBrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #175
DatGoodBRZ

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Ltd.
Hey what's up Er one! Proud owner of my SWP BRZ Ltd. I'm from Texas and currently reside in the RGV. Bought my first brand new car from Brockport New York from Spurr Subaru. Awesome people! Never owned a Subie before but always loved the Sti. Currently still have my 2jz 240sx. Been a grease monkey ever since my older brother was in the game. Lately tho been working a lot and find it harder and harder to work on my cars with work. So was looking for something to fill the gap of daily driver/sport car with AC. Been tracking the development of this car for years! Seemed like we were just talkin bout this car, to playing the prototype on GT5, to watchin vids of the first ones rolling off the showroom floor! Can't believe I finally got this car I've been dreamin bout for years! Definitely would have got the car sooner but due to extreme demand was sold out every where. I had searched very long and hard and was very lucky to get mine with no markup and with no reservation in late August. My buddy just got his red FRS a couple days ago so will try to post pics of our cars.
DatGoodBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #176
roadtrip1098

Drives: M3 LSB SMG, Hummer, Grand Prix GXP
I'm new to this site. Previously owned a 2008 WRX modded to about 400WHP, 2003 BMW Z4, and currently have a 2004 BMW M3. Needless to say a small reliable and cheap to maintain car has peaked my interest and spawned a couple test drives. I'll do my best to not trash the BRZ because I think it's a beautiful car and there is potential with that platform. What I will attempt to do is compare all the vehicles since they are all in the $20k price range. I will look at several areas. If you can decide which is best at the end of this, you're a better man than I.

Looks:
1. BRZ
2. M3
3. Z4
4. WRX
Here's why: It would be untrue to say any one of these cars is bad looking. Maybe it's just the rarity of it, but when a BRZ or FRS goes by, I tend to snap my neck. The M3 is a legend and looks the part, unmistakeable and visible from a long distance. The Z4 was a soft top roadster, looked fun all the time, but missed the mark on some styling ques. The WRX, well it looks boring until it's lowered and has different rims and tinted windows, ect.

Acceleration:
1. WRX
2. M3
3. Z4
4. BRZ
While the M3 boasts stock HP in the 330's, the WRX nails the acceleration with gearing and a decent turbo. The Z4 was also plenty quick. The BRZ though feels like it wants to go fast but then falls on it's face.

Cornering:
1. M3
2. BRZ
3. Z4
4. WRX
It's very close to between the M3 and BRZ, and better tires would probably yeild a different outcome. The M3 feels heavy, but also planted with lighting fast transitions right up until the driver decides to drift it. The BRZ feels lighter (as it should) but to that same end also as though it is not in contact with the road as much as it should be. The Z4 can corner great, but that's only in a controlled drift - if you go near the fun pedal mid turn, you will be sideways. The WRX never planted a foot wrong when I had it, especially with upgraded suspension, but it felt as though the steering rack could have been tighter, and bigger factory swaybars could have helped. Also with the AWD transmission it leaves the motor hanging in front of the front wheels causing understeer in heavy corners.

Interior:
1. M3
2. Z4
3. BRZ
4. WRX
To each their own, but I'll admit the Germans know how to make a driver focused car. That's all I have to say about that.

Seating Capacity:
1. M3
2. WRX
3. BRZ
4. Z4
The M3 has impossibly large rear seats, and even with the 2 door setup the seats lift and come forward so even a 6' 200LB person can get in and out with no issues. The WRX has ample leg room in the back but not as much as the M3. The BRZ is designed for people with no legs. The Z4 is designed for people with no friends.

Feel (road noise, engine sounds ect):
1. Z4
2. WRX
3. M3
4. BRZ
The Z4 feels super tight even after 9 years. Even with the rag top it had less road noise than the competition. The WRX was aided in this by aftermarket rims and about $500 worth of sound deadening for performance audio. The M3 feels fantastic to drive but the tin can sounding exhaust is a noise even M3 owners do not like - mostly we ignore it and focus on the incredible intake noise it makes. By comparison though the BRZ feels like a rental car.

Maintenance cost:
1. BRZ
2. WRX
3. Z4
4. M3
Germans know how to make a driver focused car, but the Japanese have figured out how to build cars that cost less to own than they did to buy initially. The BRZ edges out the WRX here because in general the Naturally Aspirated vehicles break less often. The Z4 is fairly maintenance free, but the maintenance is expensive. The M3 commands the maintenance of a semi-exotic car, either learn to turn a wrench or get a better job.

I have toyed with the idea of trading in my M3 for a BRZ/FRS, but cannot stand to lose over 100HP in the process. Engineers said they reduced the tire width on the BRZ/FRS to make it more edgy to drive, where historically what should have been done is increase the output of the motor to make it more edgy. I feel almost as though the BRZ is a fanboy car, because in the same bracket are a bunch of cars like the V6 Mustang, Hyundai Genesis, ect that are performing better on outdated platforms at lower prices.
I would love to see a Toyota slap a supercharger on the FRS, but think at that point the price will put it into a different bracket of cars and it will still be struggling to keep up.
roadtrip1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #177
WolfSongX

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited SWP
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Hi;
New SWP BRZ Limited 6-speed manual tranny here.
I'm Derek from Myrtle Beach, but I wound up getting my car from Savannah, not to many manual transmission cars available in the South East right now.
Been lurking here since the first concept car pics were posted, and I finally took the plunge to pick one up... and I've been grinning ever since.

2013 BRZ Limited SWP
Professional driver in search of closed course..
WolfSongX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #178
jay07631

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Limited Black M/T
Hi all. Got my dark grey limited manual a few months now (~1300mi) Love this car, wish I had this when I first started driving. Its really crazy knowing that the driving experience can differ so much from car to car. Anyways I figured I'd post some of my issues/questions here while I search for answers on the boards.
Got a Droid Razr, keeps wanting to confirm pairing everytime I get in.
Everytime I hit the 'auto' button on the climate control, it puts on the ac and front def.
Just ordered some winter tires, 205/55R-16 Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 with steels, any comments?
Still waiting for weathertech to make rubber mats, any ideas on who else does good mats?
GPS loses signal, any fix available?
Can't seek on music tracks?

Thats really it so far. Had a Civic 2007 and Accord 2011 (both manual) before. This car rocks. I check forums everyday. Glad to be here. NJ, Bergen county btw.

Last edited by jay07631; 11-09-2012 at 08:45 PM.
jay07631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #179
Knightmare
Oppa Gangnam Style!

Drives: Limited BRZ
Garage
Hi everybody! I have a deposit on a DGM Limited as of now and am awaiting for it to arrive at my dealer! The wait is killing me and am excited to drive it, it should be here sometime next week I'll be sure to start a journal and post pictures when i get it! I look forward to spending some time in the community!
'06 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, Numerous Mods, mostly Nismo
My Journal
Knightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #180
theoschao

Drives: na
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hey everyone! Been following this car since May this year. I put a deposit down on this car back in mid June to get on the waitlist. A week ago, I got a call from my dealership, letting me know that he was going to put an order in for me for the next allocations if I wanted, which I did. Now I have a VON, and have an estimate delivery date of anywhere from December to June 2013. I'm hoping that I'll be getting it earlier than later in that time frame, since I had been waiting for almost 5 months already...

Just thought I'd put my short story out there for anybody who's in the same boat as me!
theoschao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #181
BRZgirl

Drives: Subaru BRZ Silver Limited AT
Garage
Hi All!

Just excited to join ALL the BRZ forums I can find because I ordered my Subaru BRZ Silver Limited AT couple weeks ago! I'm not getting it anytime soon I heard due to SLOwwwwwww....production. BUT I am so ready to have some fun when I DO get it. Lots of people have already said it's worth the wait!

Hopefully by the time it's here, I have saved up some $$$ on some builds that I plan to do on it. And of course go to car meets and so forth with you all! Anyway, just hollering at everyone and nice to meet you all here!

Cheers!
BRZgirl~
Tune by:
Mann That's Delicious Future Builds: Brembo 4-Piston BBK
BRZgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:41 AM   #182
Keith_086

Drives: Volkswagen R32
Just ordered my car two days ago. BRZ limited in satin white pearl traded my 2008 VW R32 for it. Pics to come soon as car arrives

Last edited by Keith_086; 11-15-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Keith_086 is offline   Reply With Quote