follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 02-04-2016, 09:31 PM   #1
ShadowReaper
Indulgent Tormenter

Drives: 15' LTD Subaru BRZ DGM
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
GReddy Evolution GT

I tried searching the forums, nothing but a bunch of old info. So with that being said...

Does anyone own the superseded GReddy Evo 3 (Evolution GT)?

I have been researching which exhaust is best for my taste for months now and I think I've narrowed my choice. Ive been looking for an exhaust that isn't high-pitch loud (like a riced out Honda civic) and also avoiding really deep exhausts (that sound like muscle car).

The Evolution GT seems to be be in between and seems it has a grimy sound that I like.

If you own/owned one how is the install? how is the sound? performance gains?
ShadowReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:49 PM   #2
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
I dont know anything about that particular catback sound but,

Catbacks on these cars give virtually no gains its jist sound. The header is where the gains are

see basic bolt on mods link below
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:46 AM   #3
cameronjones239

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Series Blue
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Love the sound on e85, however on 91 it's a bit louder - on edge but not quite too loud for my neighborhood (while being paired with ofh, just the catback by itself isn't too loud at all). Gets a lottttt of compliments. Best described it has a somewhat mellow deep bottom end with an angry almost raw scream come redline. I went with this 3" to prepare for boost so I could get a few extra hp down the road when the time comes.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7d-DevMLKM"]Subaru BRZ Greddy Evolution GT Before & After Open Flash Header - YouTube[/ame]
cameronjones239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:45 PM   #4
ShadowReaper
Indulgent Tormenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
I dont know anything about that particular catback sound but,

Catbacks on these cars give virtually no gains its jist sound. The header is where the gains are

see basic bolt on mods link below
Yea I've read that thread before. That's what drove me away from getting a UEL header, I don't think now is the time for a tune, plus they're expensive and I don't see legit tuning shops around North FL, South GA area.

The Greddy Evo GT has got my upmost attention other than the Berk Delete. Although, I don't plan on getting Turbo/SprCharger the only reason why I haven't gotten the Berk is because I don't want to settle for the cheapest thing in the echaust brz market.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:47 PM   #5
ShadowReaper
Indulgent Tormenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronjones239 View Post
Did you do the OFH tune yourself? or did you have a shop do it?
Old 02-05-2016, 01:17 PM   #6
cameronjones239

Garage
Running the open flash tablet off the shelf tune stage 2 91 and stage 2 UEL with launch control and flat foot shifting. Everything you can do yourself after minor research. Has been fantastic for me, fuel trims stay -+5, IAM stays at 1, no knock, no hesitation or hiccups. Very happy with the current setup. The car now actually has usable low end power. Rolling 70-75 on the highway stock the car struggled to gain speed without dropping a gear. Struggled bad. Now it has some passing power, pulls to 80-85 and up no problem without needing to drop a gear. Low end cruise around power is nice in town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2016, 03:10 PM   #7
cameronjones239

Garage
Forgot to mention the biggest downside, has crappy ground clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2016, 03:44 PM   #8
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowReaper View Post
Did you do the OFH tune yourself? or did you have a shop do it?
Do more research, OFT is a tablet that's totally worth the money if you get headers you download the stage 2 map 91 or 93 octane plug it in, flash what you want and boom you get a noticeable power increase. Also you'd need a tune anyway with the headers otherwise you essentially are throwing money and power down the drain. Also I edited my tune to quiet down those loud cold starts and it's quite good.

It's the most user friendly ecu tuner for our cars, might be the only handheld one too:
http://openflashtablet.com/

http://www.openflashtablet.com/shop/oftofh2-combo/

*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:32 PM   #9
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Quote:
Yea I've read that thread before. That's what drove me away from getting a UEL header, I don't think now is the time for a tune, plus they're expensive and I don't see legit tuning shops around North FL, South GA area.

The Greddy Evo GT has got my upmost attention other than the Berk Delete. Although, I don't plan on getting Turbo/SprCharger the only reason why I haven't gotten the Berk is because I don't want to settle for the cheapest thing in the echaust brz market.
If you have no local tuner available then the openflash tablet is the way to go
you get device to flash tunbes log and monitor via guage displays and tunes for stock cars cars with headers both el and uel and for 91 93 petrol and E85 all for $500

no locks on ecu, you can flash different tunes yourself or flash to stock in minutes its easy to use, if you can use a cell phone you can use oft
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (02-06-2016), ShadowReaper (02-05-2016)
Old 02-06-2016, 07:49 PM   #10
ShadowReaper
Indulgent Tormenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
Do more research, OFT is a tablet that's totally worth the money if you get headers you download the stage 2 map 91 or 93 octane plug it in, flash what you want and boom you get a noticeable power increase. Also you'd need a tune anyway with the headers otherwise you essentially are throwing money and power down the drain. Also I edited my tune to quiet down those loud cold starts and it's quite good.

It's the most user friendly ecu tuner for our cars, might be the only handheld one too:
http://openflashtablet.com/

http://www.openflashtablet.com/shop/oftofh2-combo/

I definitely will, just something for later tho
Old 02-07-2016, 12:21 AM   #11
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,542 Times in 2,947 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
I have the evo gt. Really del when you start the car. Otherwise it's just slightly louder and deeper than stock. I was actually kinda disappointed
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 07:29 AM   #12
ShadowReaper
Indulgent Tormenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
I have the evo gt. Really del when you start the car. Otherwise it's just slightly louder and deeper than stock. I was actually kinda disappointed
You're disappointed because it's not loud you say? Now are we talking about in the cabin or outside?

I don't want something extremely loud just enough to get someones attention.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:51 AM   #13
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,542 Times in 2,947 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
You're disappointed because it's not loud you say? Now are we talking about in the cabin or outside?

I don't want something extremely loud just enough to get someones attention.
Both. Though I suppose I have never heard it drive by(cuz only I drive it)... it should be noted I have the resonated 3 inch. On the bright side there is no drone. It's louder when you're doing 80 on the interstate but the road noise is always the majority of your noise. Putting UEL on this spring, hopefully get a deeper tone
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 11:45 AM   #14
ShadowReaper
Indulgent Tormenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
Both. Though I suppose I have never heard it drive by(cuz only I drive it)... it should be noted I have the resonated 3 inch. On the bright side there is no drone. It's louder when you're doing 80 on the interstate but the road noise is always the majority of your noise. Putting UEL on this spring, hopefully get a deeper tone
I was looking for an non-resonated one but the resonated 3" is the only version I see. The only fear I have is that I get it and it's barely noticeable but all the videos I've seen sound good to me. I was going to buy it this weekend but im gonna hold off on that.