follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List
Doborder, orthojoe

Old 11-04-2019, 11:20 AM   #225
ka-titties

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone have an installation tool for rent or sale?
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 07:24 PM   #226
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
Anyone have an installation tool for rent or sale?

Maybe go to the dealer and see if they can loan you the tool. Not like they replace seals daily. You may be surprised.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:37 PM   #227
TwinsLife

Drives: WRB 14 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Just wanted everyone to know I had what sounded like an exhaust leak at start up but without an actual leak. 60k miles on the car and tracked the last 1000 of it. This was a 2014. I used a tool on Amazon that said it did Subaru and gm. Wasn't perfect and ruined one seal(bought 7 on purpose) but I got it all done and ran perfect afterwards. Have tracked it a couple times since then and all is good. I also reused the hard fuel line.
TwinsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 03:02 PM   #228
jrhudson

Drives: 2016 scion frs
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsLife View Post
Just wanted everyone to know I had what sounded like an exhaust leak at start up but without an actual leak. 60k miles on the car and tracked the last 1000 of it. This was a 2014. I used a tool on Amazon that said it did Subaru and gm. Wasn't perfect and ruined one seal(bought 7 on purpose) but I got it all done and ran perfect afterwards. Have tracked it a couple times since then and all is good. I also reused the hard fuel line.
Do you have a link to the tool? Also when you reinstall the injectors did they just slide right in without alot of resistance?
jrhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 06:29 PM   #229
Celigts

Drives: 2014 Toyota FRS
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezoris View Post
UPDATE:
SECRET OWNER PROVIDED THESE PICTURES.

It is possible to see the stratified indexing number on the injector under the intake manifold without removal. However this may require a mirror or camera and good lighting. Your best shot is to find the index number on Bank1 injectors behind the AC compressor by looking under the intake manifold.

Found mine this way, but didn't need a mirror. I had the black cover/housing for the port injectors off and was easy to see straight down.

I have #3 which tbh Im not looking forward to replacing EVERY injector as they are like $260 a piece.
Celigts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 06:40 PM   #230
jrhudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celigts View Post
Found mine this way, but didn't need a mirror. I had the black cover/housing for the port injectors off and was easy to see straight down.

I have #3 which tbh Im not looking forward to replacing EVERY injector as they are like $260 a piece.
why do you have to replace the injectors? are they confirmed to be bad? get them cleaned yet?

FYI, as long as the numbers match, like for example, you have #3 DIs but if you replaced them all 4 injectors with #1s or #2s they will still work. i purchased a used set on ebay for about $100 and they were different numbers(3) than my original ones. (2s)
Old 07-24-2022, 05:45 PM   #231
brandonblt2
The Stig's African Cousin

Drives: 2014 wrb brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Anyone know how to remove stuck Direct injectors? Mine did not pop off with the fuel rail they stayed in the block. Tried pulling them by hand but they're super tight and stuck really good. Any tools that can work like a sliding hammer that can attach to the injector?
brandonblt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 09:56 PM   #232
Celigts

Drives: 2014 Toyota FRS
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhudson View Post
why do you have to replace the injectors? are they confirmed to be bad? get them cleaned yet?

FYI, as long as the numbers match, like for example, you have #3 DIs but if you replaced them all 4 injectors with #1s or #2s they will still work. i purchased a used set on ebay for about $100 and they were different numbers(3) than my original ones. (2s)
I have no clue if they’re bad but I’m running rich at idle and cannot figure out why…

I didn’t end up doing the replacement but I’m thinking I should.
Celigts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 02:56 PM   #233
brandonblt2
The Stig's African Cousin

Drives: 2014 wrb brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhudson View Post

You brought a set of used DI for $100 total?? That sounds like a crazy price. I wouldn't trust used DI's especially at that price.
brandonblt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 04:20 PM   #234
jrhudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonblt2 View Post
You brought a set of used DI for $100 total?? That sounds like a crazy price. I wouldn't trust used DI's especially at that price.
Yup. Well it works fine. Theyre in the motor and no issues.🤷*♂️ Like over 5k miles already. Also..you can get them checked and cleaned.
The Following User Says Thank You to jrhudson For This Useful Post:
brandonblt2 (07-27-2022)
Old 03-07-2023, 01:20 AM   #235
PikachuBRZ
waiting on yellow gas

Drives: 2017 BRZ Series.Yellow #247
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEWwild View Post
First off, HUGE thanks @Dezoris for this video, not sure I would have tried it without seeing it. I replaced my seals about 2 weeks ago and my car has been running great since, no more firecrackers!! My #3(passenger side/rear) injector seal was gone and the other 3 were "burnt"/damaged... After fighting the seals onto the holder portion of the tool I came up with the following procedure to install them.

[ame]http://youtu.be/FLrM3X4WLCc[/ame]

I used this procedure for the last 2 seals and it actually made the process of moving the ring over the seal to reset it much easier as well because it resulted in no deformation of the seal.
Pic of the seal after using this procedure: Results.jpg
All 4: As they came out.jpg

#3: #3.jpg

#1: #1.jpg

Hope this makes the job a little less frustrating for everyone!!
I have some replacement injectors I just got from CSG and I'm getting ready to install them. I was looking at the injectors and a couple have some black rubber on the insulator rings but it's not all the way around so I picked up new insulator rings from the local dealer and they don't have any of the rubber. Am I missing a seal or did I just ask for the wrong part and I need something different? You can see what I'm talking about in these pics where the main body ends before the thinner section that goes into the chamber and it looks like a black ring.