follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 08-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #43
Z86

Drives: 86 GTS Auto in Pegasus White
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffi View Post
Hi everyone... I'm a Melbourne based dealer and we have just secure 2 86's for October delivery. They are both GT grade in the red. One is an Auto and the other is a Manual.

If your interested you can reach me on 0424 269 206
Probably not the right thread for this?
Z86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #44
BRAWL

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS Velocity Orange
Funny the warnings about Melville Toyota. Not only did 3 different friends (2 from work, 1 close) warn against them, but my sales rep at Prosser Toyota frowned on them when he asked if I had shopped around (I hadn't at that point).

Still waiting for an update, but given that I only ordered a month and a bit ago I am not holding out hope of positive news anytime soon. Still getting a hard time from the missus though
BRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #45
primetime

Drives: Shiro White 370Z
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZed View Post
Funny the warnings about Melville Toyota. Not only did 3 different friends (2 from work, 1 close) warn against them, but my sales rep at Prosser Toyota frowned on them when he asked if I had shopped around (I hadn't at that point).

Still waiting for an update, but given that I only ordered a month and a bit ago I am not holding out hope of positive news anytime soon. Still getting a hard time from the missus though
All the best LazyZed, hopefully you can hold out plus also hold out vs the hard time from the missus!

I too had placed an order with Melville Toyota and was surprised to find out afterwards about the negative feedback. In my experience nothing wrong with them, they answered my enquiries promptly however, they are very firm with pricing which might rub some people the wrong way.
primetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:54 PM   #46
BRAWL

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS Velocity Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime View Post
All the best LazyZed, hopefully you can hold out plus also hold out vs the hard time from the missus!

I too had placed an order with Melville Toyota and was surprised to find out afterwards about the negative feedback. In my experience nothing wrong with them, they answered my enquiries promptly however, they are very firm with pricing which might rub some people the wrong way.
Prosser were firm with pricing, even after showing them the online advertised drive away price on the Toyota website (fineprint is their escape clause ). Still managed to wangle them down a bit with my charms

Going to have a chat with them next month for a status update. No point harassing them every second week as it will just tick them off.
BRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:23 AM   #47
stevo_12v

Drives: Mazda MX-6 Turbo, Toyota GTS86 37J
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Garage
A big UP for CITY TOYOTA SERVICE - NORTHBRIDGE.

Been keen to install my TRD Door stabilizers the past few days, have simply been unable to undo them. Called up Chriss and Terry there to see if they could help me out.
They said, 'Sure, no problem. Bring the car around and we'll sort it out'. Spent about 15mins trying to get the last phillips head crown off the door clasp(chassis side). No charge at all for that.

But damn, that last phillips screw has a bunch of blue loctite on that. Gonna be installing my stabilizers tonight!

*EDIT*
Damn.. just re-read the start of this post and realized it was for PURCHASING, lol. Maybe a SERVICE thread might be a good idea.

Last edited by stevo_12v; 08-09-2012 at 12:33 AM. Reason: See above
stevo_12v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:43 AM   #48
FT86_Zero

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo_12v View Post
A big UP for CITY TOYOTA SERVICE - NORTHBRIDGE.

Been keen to install my TRD Door stabilizers the past few days, have simply been unable to undo them. Called up Chriss and Terry there to see if they could help me out.
They said, 'Sure, no problem. Bring the car around and we'll sort it out'. Spent about 15mins trying to get the last phillips head crown off the door clasp(chassis side). No charge at all for that.

But damn, that last phillips screw has a bunch of blue loctite on that. Gonna be installing my stabilizers tonight!

*EDIT*
Damn.. just re-read the start of this post and realized it was for PURCHASING, lol. Maybe a SERVICE thread might be a good idea.
I want to see pix!!
FT86_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:03 AM   #49
stevo_12v

Drives: Mazda MX-6 Turbo, Toyota GTS86 37J
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT86_Zero View Post
I want to see pix!!
I'll get some up tonight! It will be in my build thread(check sig)

** EDIT **
Check my sig for the update door stabilizer pics(sorry for the minor thread-jack)

Last edited by stevo_12v; 08-09-2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Check above
stevo_12v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #50
ysagisan

Drives: 86GT Silver
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Smile Midland Toyota, WA

Name of Dealer and Location: Tori, Midland Toyota, WA
86 Spec: Silver GT MT
Date Ordered: September 2012
Approx. Delivery Date: N/A
Approx. Waiting Time: N/A
Dealer Delivery Charge: ~$2k
Total Price: $34k
Customer Service Rating: 9 for the dealership. But I'd give Tori a 10. Give him a call.
Comments: Tori and his team in Midland are a better bet if you are looking to place an order for a GT (I'll say GTS's are hopeless). Give Tori a call if you are looking for a GT. He hooked me up with a fallen through deal.
ysagisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #51
giraffee

Drives: Slowly
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Name of Dealer and Location: Sydney City Toyota Waterloo branch
86 Spec: GT Manual
Date Ordered: June
Approx. Delivery Date: Unsure
Total Price: ~36k with extras
Customer Service Rating: Absolutely terrible. 2/10 (saved only by Andrew)

Basically the salesman whom I won't name for his sake, completely ignored me and stuffed me around. No communication whatsoever, no response from emails. When I called he was rude, condescending and spoke at a million miles a minute and hung up.

When I turned up after making an appointment, he almost did not acknowledge my presence and made me wait 20-30mins whilst he had a la-di-da conversation with someone else. I was so fed up I considered going elsewhere but then didn't want to lose my spot in the queue so stayed.

Most questions were answered with 'I don't know'. Promises to send any sort of tracking or build dates were only sent after calling and emailing 3 or more times.

I had to bypass him and deal with the Sales Manager, Andrew, who was more helpful. If you can help it, DO NOT go here.

Name of Dealer and Location: Penrith Toyota - Peter Lipovic
Price: did not purchase
Customer Service Rating: 8/10 In my fustration from the above, I went to quite a few dealerships, asking around for wait times etc etc.

I must say Peter was a standout, he was very friendly, honest and approachable, and continued to give me courtesy calls afterward even though I did not place an order. I would recommend him.
giraffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:34 AM   #52
Calais

Drives: 2012 BRZ....finally
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by giraffee View Post
Date Ordered: June
Approx. Delivery Date: Unsure
Customer Service Rating: Absolutely terrible. 2/10 (saved only by Andrew)

Basically the salesman whom I won't name for his sake, completely ignored me and stuffed me around. No communication whatsoever, no response from emails. When I called he was rude, condescending and spoke at a million miles a minute and hung up.

When I turned up after making an appointment, he almost did not acknowledge my presence and made me wait 20-30mins whilst he had a la-di-da conversation with someone else. I was so fed up I considered going elsewhere but then didn't want to lose my spot in the queue so stayed.

Most questions were answered with 'I don't know'. Promises to send any sort of tracking or build dates were only sent after calling and emailing 3 or more times.

I had to bypass him and deal with the Sales Manager, Andrew, who was more helpful. If you can help it, DO NOT go here.

Name of Dealer and Location: Penrith Toyota - Peter Lipovic
Price: did not purchase
Customer Service Rating: 8/10 In my fustration from the above, I went to quite a few dealerships, asking around for wait times etc etc.

I must say Peter was a standout, he was very friendly, honest and approachable, and continued to give me courtesy calls afterward even though I did not place an order. I would recommend him.

i couldnt agree with you more about the waterloo branch rating i had the same dealings, but 2 of the salesmen are okay, cant remember their names its been so long.

subaru dealerships seem to be good with whom ive spoken to, though they all are really trying to push how much involvement and enginerring subaru did in development thats my only minus, subaru waitara and petersham where great didnt have to wait long at all, thats probably the reason im going to end up going subie but if i do go toyota i might go mosman and try and find the saleswoman that was probably the most helpful out of all the dealerships i've been to(and no its not about how big/small her "smile" was), cant remember name again sorry lads.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:21 AM   #53
Rojuju

Drives: Toyota JZX100 MkII
Name of Dealer and Location: Stewart Toyota Rockdale, NSW
86 Spec: GT MT
Date Ordered: September 2012
Approx. Delivery Date: N/A
Approx. Waiting Time: N/A
Dealer Delivery Charge: ~$2k
Total Price: $34k
Customer Service Rating: Don't bother buying 86 from here. 2/10

Comments: Extremely fast in selling the vehicle, however when I chase up for any inquiries they are impossible to get a hold of, you can leave a message for the Manager/Sales Rep everyday however they won't bother calling you back.

I tried to cancel my order shortly after due to legitimate sudden changes in my circumstances, and the fact that there is no estimated delivery date, however the Manager will make sure to make things difficult for you. It took them a week to get back to me re cancellation, suddenly saying that there is now a batch no. available etc, but when asked, still with no estimated delivery date.

They initially wanted to charge a 5% (of vehicle price) cancellation fee however backed down now from that and will not refund the $1000 deposit. They are not interested in negotiating (kept saying that it's your bad luck), don't care about customer service, and will only look upon the fact that it's a signed contract (with no confirmed delivery date) stating that it is legal to do so.

If you are interested/looking to purchase an 86, don't waste your time with this dealer.
Rojuju is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rojuju For This Useful Post:
Eightsex (10-21-2012)
Old 10-20-2012, 08:08 PM   #54
Surok
Wise old man

Drives: 86 GTS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Gotta give a massive shoutout to Pennant Hills Toyota.
always exceeding my expectations.

Surok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #55
Tornado

Drives: 86 GST - Tornado Grey
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
No contact from dealer

86 Spec: GTS Manual
Date Ordered: 6 June
Approx. Delivery Date: Now December 22
Customer Service Rating: Absolutely terrible. 2/10

I've been reading the comments in this section, and can absolutely agree that the service from Sydney City Toyota Waterloo is woeful. I ordered my car on the 6th June, and have had no contact from the dealer. You would think they would call me at least once to let me know what was happening, especially given my original delivery date was "September".

My sales rep quit, and they didn't contact me to let me know who was looking after my car. It was only after I called them that I was advised who the new person was. My new sales rep who I wont name is terrible, and knows less about my car than I do.

Big thanks to everyone who posts here, because without your posts I would be in the dark. Word of advice for anyone looking to buy a new Toyota: dont go here.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #56
Sossman

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS (MT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
86 Spec: GTS Manual
Date Ordered: 6 June
Approx. Delivery Date: Now December 22
Customer Service Rating: Absolutely terrible. 2/10

I hope that's a typo! $36,000 for a GTS with extras...
Sossman is offline   Reply With Quote