follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 05-15-2015, 09:54 PM   #15
Bader

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is there a way to add DTC error code switch tables to the OFT OTS tune files? I've managed to add the idle and in gear MAF tables required for lowering the cold start with a cattless header.

Even though the OFT 2.7 xml definition has the error on/off switch table listed, it doesn't show in RR. I'm guessing that I need to figure out where it is located in memory on the ECU or something.

I'm working with the J and K roms which are based on the A01J and A01K roms.
Bader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 04:23 PM   #16
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bader View Post
Is there a way to add DTC error code switch tables to the OFT OTS tune files? I've managed to add the idle and in gear MAF tables required for lowering the cold start with a cattless header.

Even though the OFT 2.7 xml definition has the error on/off switch table listed, it doesn't show in RR. I'm guessing that I need to figure out where it is located in memory on the ECU or something.

I'm working with the J and K roms which are based on the A01J and A01K roms.
See if the error dtc codes are in the romraider defs on github.

then you need to check with hex editor your oft rom and see if its been calid hacked, ie check all three instances of the calid in the rom are the same, if all 3 the same then you can use the romraider def from github.

if the dtc you want are not in giyhub you would have to ask the romraider guys to dig arround in the rom for the ones you want.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
aagun (05-21-2015), Bader (05-16-2015)
Old 05-16-2015, 07:10 PM   #17
Bader

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I've already checked using a hex editor and know which rom the oft 2.xx is based on (A01J and A01K for the middle east cars). The DTC switch table is mentioned in both xml definition files (OFT and Github/RR). The tables simply don't show up in romraider. My guess is that they're missing the information related to their location on the ECU memory.

Thanks for suggesting asking the romraider forum. I guess that will be my only option.
Bader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:54 AM   #18
aagun

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
i compare between ja01j and b01c and there are 47 table that ja01j does not include it and 41 of it is DTC codes .
aagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:42 AM   #19
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aagun View Post
i compare between ja01j and b01c and there are 47 table that ja01j does not include it and 41 of it is DTC codes .
some definitions especially the more popular ones like C\D and G rom contain more defined tables than other definitions.

if you specificly need some DTC defined for your rom then post in the romraider forum

in the ecu and logger def thread
http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewf...0367225f9fd79c
@Td-d is a very helpfull guy

Those guys work for free so it nice to make a small donation for their efforts
Old 05-22-2015, 05:45 AM   #20
troek

Drives: 2012 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Garage
anybody messed with cam angle timing? im running an HKS equal length catless header now, and just wondering if theres optimized cam angles floating around for that header. I cant remember what kind of header @Shiv@Openflash used to set the EL tunes.
troek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:23 AM   #21
steve99
Banned

Added warning and some checks you can do when editing launch Control and flat Foot Shift parameters to first post to determine if your rom has LC/FFS patch.

The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
tracerit (10-14-2015)
Old 10-01-2015, 02:22 AM   #22
KoolBRZ

Drives: Silver 2013 BRZ Ltd Auto 45,000 mi
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Garage
AVCS or cam/valve timing tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by troek View Post
anybody messed with cam angle timing? im running an HKS equal length catless header now, and just wondering if theres optimized cam angles floating around for that header. I cant remember what kind of header @Shiv@Openflash used to set the EL tunes.
Edit; I've updated the pics to show my best tables for economy and power. @troek, as far as I know, I'm the only one brave, fearless, or foolish enough to extensively modify the Intake and Exhaust AVCS Safe tables. If you are still interested you can try copying the values in these pics to your own AVCS Safe tables, or send me an IM, and I'll see what I can do.

Attached Images

Last edited by KoolBRZ; 10-03-2015 at 02:55 AM. Reason: New Best tune for economy and power
KoolBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KoolBRZ For This Useful Post:
troek (10-01-2015)
Old 11-08-2015, 09:01 PM   #23
thambu19

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
@steve99 would you be able to do a similar write up of the steps to start with OFT/OTS rom files with their corresponding def files and flashing them using the TACTRIX/ecuflash instead of OFT? Looks like ecuflash needs def files while writing rom files. Should we use non-OFT def files or OFT def files with the OFT/OTS tunes?
thambu19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:56 PM   #24
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thambu19 View Post
@steve99 would you be able to do a similar write up of the steps to start with OFT/OTS rom files with their corresponding def files and flashing them using the TACTRIX/ecuflash instead of OFT? Looks like ecuflash needs def files while writing rom files. Should we use non-OFT def files or OFT def files with the OFT/OTS tunes?
While I have an OFT and a tactrix and it can be done, I have an ethical problem with spelling out exactly how to achieve flashing oft roms with tactrix as the roms are supplied for use with OFT and part of the OFT pricing included rom development.

Romraider and ECUFLASH definitions are very different, romraider defs have no "flashing" information in them they just have information for editing rom tables. The OFT contains info on how to flash rom to car , checksum correction ect

Ecuflash definitions have the information for editing the tables and in addition have information required to flash the rom such as vehicle type type of rom, flashing method check sum algorithm as a tactrix cable can flash many types of vehicles eg subaru mitsubishi ect.

Tactrix has very little safguards to prevent uses from writing incorrect roms to the car, OFT is a far easier product to use and has many safeguards built in. It also makes logging far easier and simpler.

Honestly if your not familiar with rom,defs.flashing ect its far easier and safer to buy an OFT and the logging functionality big gauge displays and tuning alerts where you can set alerts for oil/coolant temps knock IAM drop, fuel trims whatever are very useful
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
Wayno (12-03-2015)
Old 11-09-2015, 06:57 AM   #25
thambu19

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
While I have an OFT and a tactrix and it can be done, I have an ethical problem with spelling out exactly how to achieve flashing oft roms with tactrix as the roms are supplied for use with OFT and part of the OFT pricing included rom development.

Romraider and ECUFLASH definitions are very different, romraider defs have no "flashing" information in them they just have information for editing rom tables. The OFT contains info on how to flash rom to car , checksum correction ect

Ecuflash definitions have the information for editing the tables and in addition have information required to flash the rom such as vehicle type type of rom, flashing method check sum algorithm as a tactrix cable can flash many types of vehicles eg subaru mitsubishi ect.

Tactrix has very little safguards to prevent uses from writing incorrect roms to the car, OFT is a far easier product to use and has many safeguards built in. It also makes logging far easier and simpler.

Honestly if your not familiar with rom,defs.flashing ect its far easier and safer to buy an OFT and the logging functionality big gauge displays and tuning alerts where you can set alerts for oil/coolant temps knock IAM drop, fuel trims whatever are very useful
Ok so this is what I gather:

1. If the plan is to flash in roms OFT is the better/safer route

2. If one only wants to log data Tactrix will work initially but OFT can do logging as well.

OFT wins!
Old 11-09-2015, 07:15 AM   #26
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thambu19 View Post
Ok so this is what I gather:

1. If the plan is to flash in roms OFT is the better/safer route

2. If one only wants to log data Tactrix will work initially but OFT can do logging as well.

OFT wins!
for tactrix logging you need to know the ecu ram addresses for the parameters and it changes for each rom calid, the romraider guys who work part time for donations are the only guys in general who did these addresses out
Old 11-09-2015, 10:02 AM   #27
thambu19

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
for tactrix logging you need to know the ecu ram addresses for the parameters and it changes for each rom calid, the romraider guys who work part time for donations are the only guys in general who did these addresses out

Shoot... Should have waited to order the Tactrix cable. Well its always good to have one I guess
Old 12-03-2015, 02:08 PM   #28
Dallen
Boooooosted

Drives: Turbo FRS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I'm getting an error when trying to save a file in romarider after i have edited a few parameters, i can't get it to save.