follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 08-20-2020, 10:24 PM   #15
kthxbai

Drives: '13 Whiteout FR-S M/T
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessAzure View Post
If you want DRL, you will need to add a new wire:
  1. Either through a splice from the DRL resistor power ("traditional method" with high beam flap issue)
  2. Or a Splice from high beam power with a diode, to prevent the high beam from triggering at night due to the always-on module (this thread).
Thank you very much for the quick reply. Would you happen to have a photo of your actual set-up? I've never used a diode before because my wiring skills is just not at that level. Currently have the LED+ wire hooked to the DRL resistor + for DRL but it obviously does not work with the BeatSonic always-on module.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2020, 03:15 AM   #16
EndlessAzure
Wheels for Brains

Drives: '14 FR-S [37J] | Daily/Track
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbai View Post
Thank you very much for the quick reply. Would you happen to have a photo of your actual set-up? I've never used a diode before because my wiring skills is just not at that level. Currently have the LED+ wire hooked to the DRL resistor + for DRL but it obviously does not work with the BeatSonic always-on module.

Not sure the images will help all that much.

I don't remember if I modified the Beatsonic module pins, but I did splice the diode into the high beam power from there

The pin diagram should be accurate
Attached Images

Last edited by EndlessAzure; 08-21-2020 at 03:36 AM.
EndlessAzure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EndlessAzure For This Useful Post:
kthxbai (08-21-2020)
Old 08-21-2020, 06:37 AM   #17
kthxbai

Drives: '13 Whiteout FR-S M/T
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessAzure View Post
Not sure the images will help all that much.

I don't remember if I modified the Beatsonic module pins, but I did splice the diode into the high beam power from there

The pin diagram should be accurate
I didn't even think about using the diodes on the module itself, just goes to show my lack of knowledge in the field of wiring. Thank you for taking the time to send the photos and pinout. You and the many other members are the reason why this forum is still thriving.

With the photos, I think it is making more sense. Will dive into this this weekend. If I have more questions, hope you don't mind me sending another message? Thanks again @EndlessAzure !