follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 09-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #3515
Frstorm

Drives: 2013 Firestorm
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Marc- cant wait for pics, I love firestorm which is why I own one myself. Best color out there IN MY OPINION
Frstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #3516
Lord09

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Seriously considering one of the twins, but are the cars currently coming out of the factory still plagued by the first year issues?
Lord09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #3517
Frsdevl
GT86 DVL!

Drives: Firestorm frs- soon to be GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hey! Just got an Frs in Firestorm Saturday. Looked for a week for a Firestorm Manual and finally found one in Moreno Valley (a little over an hours drive from where I live). It's my first brand new car.

My Ex husband had an 82 MR2 that I drove while my Jeep was getting a new engine- never went back after that. Had a Red 93 MR2, then two years ago bought a really clean 92 Turbo MR2. It had so many mods on it and had set so long that I began to be really nervous about driving it anywhere, so started researching cars- couldn't afford a Lotus (yet) and fell in love with this FRS.

SO here I am with a car payment after 15 years and totally not regretting it.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #3518
MarcFr-s

Drives: mtFirestormFr-s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord09 View Post
Seriously considering one of the twins, but are the cars currently coming out of the factory still plagued by the first year issues?
I don't believe so. For example, I can put quite a bit of stuff on the front seat without the seatbelt thing going off. No condensation in the tail lights. Runs great! No problems so far, about 1200 miles. They seem to be putting the newer radio, display radio, in too. Oh, and no crickets.... yet! I think they must listen to what is being said in forums and such! lol!
MarcFr-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:10 AM   #3519
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,818 Times in 16,426 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Quote:
My FR-S was built in March of this year and doesn't seem to suffer from any of the previously reported ailments ...

humfrz
humfrz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:14 AM   #3520
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frsdevl View Post
Hey! Just got an Frs in Firestorm Saturday........
CONGRATULATIONS, Frsdevl ...... and WELCOME to fun, dependable transportion ....

humfrz
Old 09-13-2013, 01:30 AM   #3521
babylobster

Drives: Firestorm Red 2013 Scion FR-S 6Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by frs10 View Post
lol NYC problems for me i guess...

i drive through the city but would never think about parking it on the street... ever...

you really need to watch for potholes too, those things can be mind jarring if you hit one... dont ask me how i know...
The reason I don't like driving in the city is because of all the aggressive taxi drivers who don't seem to care if they mess up your car! Plus, I'm still getting used to the MT so I don't want and can't drive all crazy haha. Oh yes, plenty of potholes in good ol' NY!
babylobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:26 AM   #3522
Adam Anthony

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Base Firestorm
Hello everyone! Got an FR-S last Saturday and have been enjoying it ever since. I am OCD with the break in period though so I can't wait until I hit 1000 miles!

I am in Chicago, and still need to teach my wife how to drive the Manual, any tips on how I should go about doing that without injuring ourselves, others, or the car?
Adam Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #3523
frs10

Drives: tezla
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by babylobster View Post
The reason I don't like driving in the city is because of all the aggressive taxi drivers who don't seem to care if they mess up your car! Plus, I'm still getting used to the MT so I don't want and can't drive all crazy haha. Oh yes, plenty of potholes in good ol' NY!
good luck!
frs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #3524
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Anthony View Post
Hello everyone! Got an FR-S last Saturday and have been enjoying it ever since. I am OCD with the break in period though so I can't wait until I hit 1000 miles!

I am in Chicago, and still need to teach my wife how to drive the Manual, any tips on how I should go about doing that without injuring ourselves, others, or the car?
CONGRATULATIONS on your new car .....

Yes, teaching the wife to drive a manual .....

Well, show her the basics (how a clutch & gear shift works) then turn her loose in an mostly empty parking lot. Leave her and go across the street and get a cup of coffee. Have her pick up in about 30 minutes.

PS - DON'T PEEK ...... !!!!!

humfrz
Old 09-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #3525
Boom
(Jo_o)J

Drives: 2013 Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
My FR-S was built in March of this year and doesn't seem to suffer from any of the previously reported ailments ...

humfrz
Same goes for me! You should pick one up, Lord09 - had my Raven for 2 weeks and can't wait for my daily commute to and from work just so I can take the long way home.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #3526
markr01000

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Hi Everyone,
I bought an FR-S last Saturday. Great car!
Mine is MT with factory (SE distributor?) Borla exhaust, LED daytime running lights, IPOD Interface Audio, and mud guards which I removed. I wish I had power at my mirror for an easier V1 install. Oh, and it's Asphalt.
I owned a 2008 Corvette (AT) and I can honestly say the FR-S is more fun to drive. The C6 was a monster and could cruise all day long at 150mph, all real Grand Tourer. But to reach the fun zone in the Corvette I had to go 100mph+ and there aren't that many places I can do that. Also, the Corvettes massive tires didn't like to let go, and when they did it wasn't in a very linear manner. The FR-S on the other hand can be a blast at 40-50 mph, and you can throw it around with ease. The tires break loose in a very predictable, linear manner, and there is never any pucker factor because the car is constantly communicating with you. Very very nice. And a steal for the money. I actually stopped looking for a used 911 once I drove one of these. I was able to pay cash for the inexpensive FR-S. I could barely afford a used 911. BTW, my other car is a '69 Camaro. http://home.roadrunner.com/~mark1/
I've got the idle ECU bug. I'm not too concerned, I think they have a fix, but I hate to hear detonation when it occurs.
I'm looking forward to learning some FR-S tips and tricks here.

Thanks
Mark
markr01000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #3527
Adam Anthony

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Base Firestorm
Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS on your new car .....

Yes, teaching the wife to drive a manual .....

Well, show her the basics (how a clutch & gear shift works) then turn her loose in an mostly empty parking lot. Leave her and go across the street and get a cup of coffee. Have her pick up in about 30 minutes.

PS - DON'T PEEK ...... !!!!!

humfrz
Hey! I have to say - this is GREAT advice. The "no peeking" is something I didn't think about. One thing about learning something like this would be the nervousness of someone there watching! I'll take your advice!!! THANKS!:happy0180:
Adam Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #3528
Lord09

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

humfrz
Thanks humfrz, I recognize you from Miata.net, friendly as ever!
Lord09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6mt, bot. report?, frs, notreally, turbo