follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 10-31-2013, 01:08 PM   #729
minted-rose

Drives: 2013 BRZ Ltd
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealcable View Post
I just traded in my mini for a BRZ as well! Not a bad upgrade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidshoe View Post
I traded my 2012 base mini for my 2013 BRZ. So glad I did. That car had no power at all. Interesting interior design though. More impressed with the simplicity of my car.

i had a 2006 pepper white mcsa. loved her to death and will miss that giant speedometer but i wanted something with a bit more power and a more reliable brand.

congrats on your BRZ!
minted-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:45 PM   #730
WakaMaka

Drives: Camry
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hello everyone!

I've been lurking these forums for about a year now and thought its about time I actually signed up heh. I am from SD and plan on getting a BRZ this next month or two. Any idea where I should get one? I heard that Heuberger Motors is one of the best dealers but that's kind of far away from me.
WakaMaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:45 PM   #731
Jimmy45brz

Drives: 2015 Series Blue BRZ WRB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Call Clint at Heuberger Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaMaka View Post
Hello everyone!

I've been lurking these forums for about a year now and thought its about time I actually signed up heh. I am from SD and plan on getting a BRZ this next month or two. Any idea where I should get one? I heard that Heuberger Motors is one of the best dealers but that's kind of far away from me.
Just call Clint at Heuberger Motors , he will give you great price for BRZ,
Here is the forum thread
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43287
Jimmy45brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:11 PM   #732
the new guy

Drives: 2014 Asphalt FR-S/2018 Thunder GT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Hello everyone!

Been lurking for the past month or so as I've been getting closer to getting one of the twins. Hopefully tomorrow is the day ^_^

I also echo the above post and give Clint a call. Super easy to work with.
the new guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:47 PM   #733
Jimmy45brz

Drives: 2015 Series Blue BRZ WRB
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaMaka View Post
Hello everyone!

Clint pricing will beat your local dealer price and including shipping to your house.
Jimmy45brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:23 AM   #734
skygt19

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Got my Galaxy Blue beauty over the weekend and loving every second of it. Planning on taking a nice weekend cruise outside of Austin this Saturday to take a big chunk out of that break in work!
skygt19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #735
jetfire

Drives: DGM BRZ
Just traded in my 08 WRX STI hatch and took delivery of a gorgeous '13 Dark Grey Metallic BRZ Limited. I must say I really love the car; while the driving feel is significantly different than the STI, it still handles great and the power is basically on par with the weight of the car. Having owned an NA Miata, it feels shaper and more balanced. Can't wait to get this thing on the track!
jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #736
khalid65

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Just got my new 2014 brz limited , been on this forum for a while but just started considering mods for the car.
khalid65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #737
cerealcable

Drives: 2013 Dark Gray Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minted-rose View Post
i had a 2006 pepper white mcsa. loved her to death and will miss that giant speedometer but i wanted something with a bit more power and a more reliable brand.

congrats on your BRZ!
Thanks, same to you as well! The MCS weren't exactly known for their reliability but I seemed to luck out until my accident happened Drunk girls will always ruining your evening, luckily everyone was ok except for vehicles. Needless to say I almost always expected problems with it after that and was constantly visiting the shop because of it!

Oh yea, and you were right on with wanting a bit more hp and I really wanted RWD. Definitely worth it. Now I just have to remember to not misbehave too much on public roads!
cerealcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #738
felonyforest
MT RWD Required

Drives: 2014BRZltd
Hello Oldies...

…I'm new so, "Hi".
Attached Images

felonyforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #739
WoOosOn

Drives: S2000 AP1, BRZ SWP
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
New here! Hello

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
WoOosOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #740
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Drives: 2019 WRX Limited (WRB)
Thanked 1,251 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Thumbs up

Hi folks, new here!

I'm an old-hat with Subarus, and back in April I took the plunge and bought what I had thought was my dream car, a 2013 WRX STI. Traded in my four-year-old WRB WRX for it, too. And I thought it was simply awesome.

Then the costs hit.... and even after sticker shock wore off, it still hurt, as I wasn't racing the car, wasn't AutoXing, etc. Very powerful, a blast to drop the hammer on, but ouch the cost!

And then I started reading the WRX/STI forums... about the BRZ. Long time STI owners with gorgeous built machines selling or trading them in (small numbers of these folks, but several notables had done so) for BRZs or FR-S's. And not regretting a SINGLE THING.

Took a test drive in July to see what all the fuss was about, since on paper the numbers were just anemic. And I felt what everyone was raving over. I wanted this car. Badly. It wouldn't have been bad if the daily/monthly costs of owning and driving the STi hadn't hurt so bad in the wallet, and I could have just dealt with it like I did for 4 years in the WRX... but no, this just wasn't do-able. Not with the government preparing to ream me next year over their health-care racket. I needed to get into something less expensive to own/operate/fuel/insure.

So, 2 days ago I began what I thought was going to be a few months of deliberation over several options: A NISMO Z-series, or a MX-5, or one of the 86 twins. Yeah, that only lasted a day. The 350-Z I looked at was good, for what it was, but it just didn't feel right. The FR-S was definitely a deal-sealer, but I'm a Subaru guy and always have been. That, and my local dealership was ready to bend over backwards (or a close approximation thereof)... and the limited is just, in my honest opinion, nicer-looking than the 10-series.

Well, they made it work... all the numbers. Even though after trade-in, I was slightly upsidedown on the STI (only by a few hundred, actually), they got me in a 2014 Limited BRZ for less monthly at a lower APR. Pair that with better mileage, cheaper insurance rates and I'm one happy camper price-wise.

Not to mention I simply LOVE driving this car. I couldn't be happier.

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
SirBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SirBrass For This Useful Post:
Turkish (11-09-2013)
Old 11-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #741
jld

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Hi from Vancouver BC

A week ago today I picked up my DGM 2014 BRZ Sport-tech 6M. It will be my daily driver for the next several years. No mods planned except for a backup camera and a dash camera.

So far I'm very happy, less for the 2nd gear.
jld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #742
Liltuffgirl

Drives: '13 BRZ limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hello! I'm another one working on getting a BRZ. I already sent Clint an email my local dealers each have one BRZ and all automatics which I don't want.

But I just bough a Camaro SS like 4 months ago lol impulse buy that I shouldn't have done. I see this car more of a weekend ride that shouldn't have many miles on it. So I try to never drive lol I need something a tad cheaper and that I feel ok driving the crud out of!!! I know my Camaro value goes down with every mile lol

I had a Subaru STi but sold it after my new job since my little fast and furious look wasn't too good. Lol but I LOVED that car! So only seems right to get the BRZ!
If.... I can do something with the Camaro...
Liltuffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Liltuffgirl For This Useful Post:
B L U E S L A T E (11-10-2013)