follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 01-24-2019, 04:11 PM   #15
Beachin86

Drives: FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Allright. Orderd SPC Camber Bolts for the bottom in case I need them. Tonight I'll flip the Whiteline top bolts and double-check the torque on everything I recently installed. Hoping to get this all set before the weekend so I can take it in for the alignment. Thanks for the info guys! I'll update with pics once I'm happy.
Beachin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beachin86 For This Useful Post:
Bach415 (01-24-2019), Leonardo (01-24-2019)
Old 01-24-2019, 07:39 PM   #16
Bach415

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachin86 View Post
Allright. Orderd SPC Camber Bolts for the bottom in case I need them. Tonight I'll flip the Whiteline top bolts and double-check the torque on everything I recently installed. Hoping to get this all set before the weekend so I can take it in for the alignment. Thanks for the info guys! I'll update with pics once I'm happy.
Depending on how much you are lowered and your tires, you should be able to reach around -2 to -2.5 camber pr more
Bach415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 08:51 AM   #17
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachin86 View Post

Take the whiteline top bolts out.

Put the stock bottom bolts in the top hole. You'll get just as much camber and don't have to worry about adjusting two sets of lobed bolts.

Under weight, the car will want to max out the camber, then you can dial it back using the bottom lobed bolt if you need to. Super easy to adjust on the alignment rack.
The Following User Says Thank You to wparsons For This Useful Post:
Leonardo (01-25-2019)
Old 01-25-2019, 09:21 AM   #18
maslin
Benz Tech

Drives: 2017 BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Setting the camber is part of the alignment. Tell them what you have installed and hope they’re comfortable with it. The obviously won’t have a problem with one bolt in the hole it belongs.

Start talking about under sized bolts or bolts in the wrong place and they may not want to touch it. I wouldn’t.
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:45 AM   #19
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maslin View Post
Setting the camber is part of the alignment. Tell them what you have installed and hope they’re comfortable with it. The obviously won’t have a problem with one bolt in the hole it belongs.

Start talking about under sized bolts or bolts in the wrong place and they may not want to touch it. I wouldn’t.

The bottom bolt is the OEM crash/camber bolt for the top hole...

Trust me, it's far easier to adjust with only one eccentric/lobed bolt than two, you're doing the alignment person a favor by not running two lobed bolts.
Old 03-09-2022, 12:24 AM   #20
lucas86

Drives: 17' steel 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
IMO, it does not look like you have installed them correctly. You should have some camber...
I have tried a bunch of different things with my car. Here is a pic that shows how much camber you can get with two sets of bolts installed correctly.

Here is one set of camber bolts. (and a 25mm spacer that's not in the last photo)

I am using 81305 14mm EZcam in lower, and the lower OEM bolt in the upper.

EDIT: MORE INFO & Link

The 16mm Whiteline is for the top hole on our cars. SPC 81280 is also 16mm and for the top hole. The bottom bolt is 14mm and is SPC 81305 or 81260.

There is a lot of info compiled in this thread https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103609

Would you mind sharing your wheel specs in the photos.
lucas86 is offline   Reply With Quote