follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List

Old 04-17-2020, 05:34 PM   #15
airrick

Drives: TRD R.S. 1.0 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0x56 View Post
Zach flies up to Concord every so often when there's demand.

It's expensive, my tune was $1100 (4 hours of dyno time) but the throttle mapping and drivability improvements alone are worth it. So much better than what I had from DT before (street tune by Zach also, but on a DT base map).

And the 340whp isn't bad either

Whoa that is not bad. What FI kit are you on? your setup?

Yup it seems like he's with CSG but does dyno tuning at TRL. awesome. Yea i ended up waiting off and i ordered a JDL 4-2-1 black coated.

so I told Neal i would wait, since he got like the most experienced tuner for the twins on the west coast. i wanted to make it worth it since its a bit more pricey. SO a bigggg o wait, cant wait.
If someone wants a pretty dang new Gruppe-s UEL headers its for sale.=D its also black ceramic coated.

Last edited by airrick; 04-17-2020 at 06:22 PM.
airrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 04:00 AM   #16
0x56
cant stop wont stop

Drives: 2015 BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by airrick View Post
Whoa that is not bad. What FI kit are you on? your setup?

Yup it seems like he's with CSG but does dyno tuning at TRL. awesome. Yea i ended up waiting off and i ordered a JDL 4-2-1 black coated.

so I told Neal i would wait, since he got like the most experienced tuner for the twins on the west coast. i wanted to make it worth it since its a bit more pricey. SO a bigggg o wait, cant wait.
If someone wants a pretty dang new Gruppe-s UEL headers its for sale.=D its also black ceramic coated.
Edelbrock + Delicious FF Kit + Tomei catless UELs (see my Garage link for more info)

Worth the wait.
0x56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 05:51 AM   #17
airrick

Quote:
Edelbrock + Delicious FF Kit + Tomei catless UELs (see my Garage link for more info)

Worth the wait.

wow. thats is amazing. hows the feel? Power throughout the whole dang powerband. Nice my man.

your torque is what i would want my setup to look like, how early it hits. but ill be doing turbo.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:41 AM   #18
0x56
cant stop wont stop

Garage
Quote:
wow. thats is amazing. hows the feel? Power throughout the whole dang powerband. Nice my man.

your torque is what i would want my setup to look like, how early it hits. but ill be doing turbo.
The biggest improvement was predictability. Much easier to drive around town, and WOT is actually full bore whereas previously it seemed like all of the range was a log curve all in the 0-50% throttle range.

I'm on 8"/225's and it has some trouble keeping traction ripping through 3rd, and on the chart you can see the little blip around 4k where my clutch was slipping in 5th, but I consider that rod insurance for my DD... prefer to burn some consumables than put a window in the block
Old 04-19-2020, 01:57 AM   #19
airrick

Quote:
The biggest improvement was predictability. Much easier to drive around town, and WOT is actually full bore whereas previously it seemed like all of the range was a log curve all in the 0-50% throttle range.

I'm on 8"/225's and it has some trouble keeping traction ripping through 3rd, and on the chart you can see the little blip around 4k where my clutch was slipping in 5th, but I consider that rod insurance for my DD... prefer to burn some consumables than put a window in the block

Yea i believe it. Our transmissions are rated for ~200lbs but obviously alot of people has seen it go past that. Is your engine built? Thats alot of power for a stock motor, if it is.

I just love the torque from turbo boost. =) But shoot, this might just sway me. Oh well as long as we got Zach. Ill be happy.
Old 04-19-2020, 03:01 AM   #20
0x56
cant stop wont stop

Garage
Quote:
Yea i believe it. Our transmissions are rated for ~200lbs but obviously alot of people has seen it go past that. Is your engine built? Thats alot of power for a stock motor, if it is.

I just love the torque from turbo boost. =) But shoot, this might just sway me. Oh well as long as we got Zach. Ill be happy.
Stock engine @ ~50k. 30k boosted so far, 5k on this tune. I don't beat on it too hard, just the occasional canyon run and spirited driving/onramp pulls, so YMMV but in any case Zach and Neal are good people and know their shit. Good luck with whatever you decide!