follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.


View Poll Results: How many 86 owners are planning on getting the Supra?
I'm definitely getting one 31 11.92%
I might get one if they offer a MT 99 38.08%
No, not me. 130 50.00%
Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2019, 03:46 PM   #183
gymratter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Drives: BMW
Location: TX
Posts: 2,308
Thanks: 1,932
Thanked 1,800 Times in 934 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i know some people dont like the bar thingy on the driver side, but its the same way on the FT1's interior.


gymratter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gymratter For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 03:51 PM   #184
Borchert97
Senior Member
 
Borchert97's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 206
Thanks: 24
Thanked 108 Times in 70 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
LOL You claim to know enough to state the car is crap yet had no clue it was a two seater?
Oh that is precious.
Maybe you have assumed many things.
LOL you're contradicting yourself because this is yet ANOTHER point to state that the car is crap. Yes I assumed it was a 4 seater because the 86 is a 4 seater and the 86 is smaller AND lighter. Don't get your panties in a bunch, and maybe stop being such an ass 24/7.

Unlike you, I definitely have a life, that's why I didn't spend every waking minute surfing the web for any and all information I could find on a stupid rebadged BMW. I know everything I need to know, it's an automatic only, $50k car with under 400hp, in other words, it's a bad buy. It's about as sure of a bad buy as I'm sure that you're an asshole.

Also how many seats did the last four generations of Supra have? Don't worry old man, I'm on lunch, I'll wait for you to get out your interweb device thingys and Google it up. Or do you need lessons on how to use modern technology properly? Because if these forums are any indication, you're struggling hard.

So forgive me for ASSUMING Toyota was going to hold themselves to their word of maintaining the legacy of the Supra, which by the way, they have so desperately failed to do.
Borchert97 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Borchert97 For This Useful Post:
J97 (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 03:54 PM   #185
Irace86.2.0
K Swap Everything
 
Irace86.2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 6,338
Thanks: 4,642
Thanked 4,861 Times in 2,707 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
I don't understand, are we supposed to be excited about a BMW with a Toyota badge that costs too much money for it's HP/Weight?
Not everybody will be excited. Some people will be excited, and perhaps some people will buy the car.
__________________
Irace86.2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 03:59 PM   #186
vh_supra26
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Drives: Supra
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,742
Thanks: 1,137
Thanked 2,144 Times in 954 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/car...os.1505/page-2









vh_supra26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vh_supra26 For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (01-15-2019), Jordanwolf (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 04:03 PM   #187
Irace86.2.0
K Swap Everything
 
Irace86.2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 6,338
Thanks: 4,642
Thanked 4,861 Times in 2,707 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borchert97 View Post
LOL you're contradicting yourself because this is yet ANOTHER point to state that the car is crap. Yes I assumed it was a 4 seater because the 86 is a 4 seater and the 86 is smaller AND lighter. Don't get your panties in a bunch, and maybe stop being such an ass 24/7.

Unlike you, I definitely have a life, that's why I didn't spend every waking minute surfing the web for any and all information I could find on a stupid rebadged BMW. I know everything I need to know, it's an automatic only, $50k car with under 400hp, in other words, it's a bad buy. It's about as sure of a bad buy as I'm sure that you're an asshole.

Also how many seats did the last four generations of Supra have? Don't worry old man, I'm on lunch, I'll wait for you to get out your interweb device thingys and Google it up.
Speak for yourself. I am happy it is a two seater instead of a 2+2. Still debating a used Supra or a used Cayman for the future car. I'll have to drive them to see of course.
__________________
Irace86.2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Irace86.2.0 For This Useful Post:
vh_supra26 (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 04:05 PM   #188
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator
 
Dave-ROR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Drives: Stuff
Location: Florida
Posts: 10,254
Thanks: 921
Thanked 5,864 Times in 2,653 Posts
Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Rebadged BMW aside we really do not know the capabilities of this car as yet. It may be very inexpensive to bring up to the levels that would cost much more to achieve with a less expensive car. Is your current DD/HPDE car bone stock? Did you calculate the costs of any mods when you say it is "cheaper"?
I get that this car is not what many are after (hell I wouldn't want one at half the price myself) but to say that anybody "fucked up" at this point just because it does not meet your personal criteria is a bit premature. Obviously the people that don't like the numbers, appearance, lack of MT are simply not who they were targeting the car at. Simple as that. Time will tell if they missed their target market's desires.
I mean, it has brake pads and fluid.. stuff I'd sure be doing with a Supra also.

Other than that, it's bone stock, even the tyres.
__________________
-Dave
DD: 2005 Acura TSX || HPDE: 2013 Scion FRS || HPDE: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1993 Honda Civic Hatchback || Toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || Toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L (2022 F-450 on order) || Current rebuild(s) in progress: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave-ROR For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 04:11 PM   #189
Jordanwolf
Rice King
 
Jordanwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Location: The land of the North
Posts: 2,867
Thanks: 1,068
Thanked 1,985 Times in 1,192 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borchert97 View Post
LOL you're contradicting yourself because this is yet ANOTHER point to state that the car is crap. Yes I assumed it was a 4 seater because the 86 is a 4 seater and the 86 is smaller AND lighter. Don't get your panties in a bunch, and maybe stop being such an ass 24/7.

Unlike you, I definitely have a life, that's why I didn't spend every waking minute surfing the web for any and all information I could find on a stupid rebadged BMW. I know everything I need to know, it's an automatic only, $50k car with under 400hp, in other words, it's a bad buy. It's about as sure of a bad buy as I'm sure that you're an asshole.

Also how many seats did the last four generations of Supra have? Don't worry old man, I'm on lunch, I'll wait for you to get out your interweb device thingys and Google it up. Or do you need lessons on how to use modern technology properly? Because if these forums are any indication, you're struggling hard.

So forgive me for ASSUMING Toyota was going to hold themselves to their word of maintaining the legacy of the Supra, which by the way, they have so desperately failed to do.
You have very many problems, 3 of them are with the Supra, the other 96.. who knows

Maybe you should stick a 2Jay-z in your car so you can have your 86Supra dream.
__________________
Glorious Honda.
Know my 5x120 GREATNESS PEASANTS.
Jordanwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:28 PM   #190
Th3rdSun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Drives: 2013 FR-S MT Hot Lava
Location: Chicagoland Area
Posts: 537
Thanks: 138
Thanked 264 Times in 173 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I feel like if Toyota would've said that this is the next gen FR-S,this car would've knocked it out of the park,but to call it a Supra,well I just think it's a mistake. Part of the problem is that who is Toyota actually trying to sell this car to? No enthusiast really wants an underpowered(questionable) overpriced automatic. Not even a dual clutch either,or at least I've not heard anyone say that it's a dual clutch.The only people that I can see buying this car are clueless women,that have owned cars such as TT's,S2000s,Z3s,Z4s(btw,Google BMW Z4 and see what pops up),Nissan Zs,etc.

Only other people that will buy this car are collectors that think it's going to be some sort of collector's item,and Youtubers/car reviewers that feel like they have to buy it.

I have a strong feeling that this car might go down as one of,if not the most disappointing cars of the entire decade.I just feel like the Supra that no one asked for. Had they made it look more like the FT-1 that they originally showed off,maybe enthusiasm would be higher,but as I see it,there's quite a bit of disappointment right now.
Th3rdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:30 PM   #191
Tcoat
No I don't race or speed
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 67,357
Thanks: 59,647
Thanked 102,550 Times in 44,432 Posts
Mentioned: 2424 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
I mean, it has brake pads and fluid.. stuff I'd sure be doing with a Supra also.

Other than that, it's bone stock, even the tyres.
Ok fair enough it is cheaper then!
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:34 PM   #192
HKz
Reformed
 
HKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: '13 Hot Lava AT RIP & '16 Steel MT
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 1,278
Thanks: 1,182
Thanked 1,096 Times in 573 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3rdSun View Post
I feel like if Toyota would've said that this is the next gen FR-S,this car would've knocked it out of the park,but to call it a Supra,well I just think it's a mistake.
huh, even if it was the next gen 86 it would be a joke too...double the price, heavier, smaller, no manual, no backseats, etc...?
HKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:42 PM   #193
TommyW
Senior Member
 
TommyW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Drives: '13 Whiteout
Location: San Clemente
Posts: 1,380
Thanks: 461
Thanked 1,115 Times in 616 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
All this hate when nobody here has actually seen or driven the car. Reminds me of social media threads about the 86. Almost all haters and no one had driven the car.
TommyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:44 PM   #194
Tcoat
No I don't race or speed
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 67,357
Thanks: 59,647
Thanked 102,550 Times in 44,432 Posts
Mentioned: 2424 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borchert97 View Post
LOL you're contradicting yourself because this is yet ANOTHER point to state that the car is crap. Yes I assumed it was a 4 seater because the 86 is a 4 seater and the 86 is smaller AND lighter. Don't get your panties in a bunch, and maybe stop being such an ass 24/7.

Unlike you, I definitely have a life, that's why I didn't spend every waking minute surfing the web for any and all information I could find on a stupid rebadged BMW. I know everything I need to know, it's an automatic only, $50k car with under 400hp, in other words, it's a bad buy. It's about as sure of a bad buy as I'm sure that you're an asshole.

Also how many seats did the last four generations of Supra have? Don't worry old man, I'm on lunch, I'll wait for you to get out your interweb device thingys and Google it up. Or do you need lessons on how to use modern technology properly? Because if these forums are any indication, you're struggling hard.

So forgive me for ASSUMING Toyota was going to hold themselves to their word of maintaining the legacy of the Supra, which by the way, they have so desperately failed to do.
LOLOLOLOL again with so many assumptions. Save your McDonalds pay and grab that Mustang soon please.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:49 PM   #195
Tcoat
No I don't race or speed
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 67,357
Thanks: 59,647
Thanked 102,550 Times in 44,432 Posts
Mentioned: 2424 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3rdSun View Post
I feel like if Toyota would've said that this is the next gen FR-S,this car would've knocked it out of the park,but to call it a Supra,well I just think it's a mistake. Part of the problem is that who is Toyota actually trying to sell this car to? No enthusiast really wants an underpowered(questionable) overpriced automatic. Not even a dual clutch either,or at least I've not heard anyone say that it's a dual clutch.The only people that I can see buying this car are clueless women,that have owned cars such as TT's,S2000s,Z3s,Z4s(btw,Google BMW Z4 and see what pops up),Nissan Zs,etc.

Only other people that will buy this car are collectors that think it's going to be some sort of collector's item,and Youtubers/car reviewers that feel like they have to buy it.

I have a strong feeling that this car might go down as one of,if not the most disappointing cars of the entire decade.I just feel like the Supra that no one asked for. Had they made it look more like the FT-1 that they originally showed off,maybe enthusiasm would be higher,but as I see it,there's quite a bit of disappointment right now.
@Guff See I told you! Only women want ATs.
Nobody that drives an At can be an enthusiast. It just isn't possible. The people that are "disappointed" are not the ones that would (or in many cases could) buy it anyway. Most of the complaints are the same as when the 86 came out. This is almost EXACTLY what they said they were building all long so why are so many surprised it doesn't meet their own personal ideals?
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (01-15-2019), Guff (01-22-2019), Irace86.2.0 (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 04:55 PM   #196
Sapphireho
Leggo my Eggo
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: Costco boxer briefs
Location: Caldwell, ID
Posts: 11,492
Thanks: 4,782
Thanked 14,882 Times in 7,286 Posts
Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
@Guff See I told you! Only women want ATs.

I knew it!
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2020 Toyota 86??? Twin-Dragons Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 225 01-02-2019 12:33 PM
Official: Nissan Concept 2020 Vision Gran Turismo revealed, hints future R36 GT-R vh_supra26 Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 42 01-17-2016 02:28 AM
Nissan 2020 vs Toyota FT-1 vs Acura NSX vh_supra26 Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 35 07-08-2014 05:15 PM
Modellista Toyota 86 Revealed quik1987 Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 385 12-04-2011 04:51 PM
Breaking! Toyota FT-86 II revealed? A-Spike Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 40 02-13-2011 06:16 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.