follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 06-27-2021, 01:24 AM   #1
YSoAggressive
Exhaust Lord

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question CLEiB Single Exit Catback

Anyone have this catback? Not many people have it although heard from a few that it’s one of the quietest single exits along with the Tanabe Concept G and has virtually no drone. How does this stack up to the Tanabe Concept G and how do you like this exhaust if you do have it?
YSoAggressive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 12:26 AM   #2
Myemim

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I think you already chose another exhaust, but I'll post anyway for future reference.

This first two vids in this playlist are with stock headers and front pipe, the best examples I had before deciding to buy.: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...CynxtvxA5gkZK2

I also recorded some revs (stock headers, stock front pipe) and the idle after a 30 minute drive:

I only have prior experience with the stock exhaust, but I personally think it is just loud enough for me. I love the exhaust note, single exit look on the driver's side, and the dolphin/turn down tip. There is not much drone at all, even at highway speeds. If there is, then it's quite bearable.

I was actually about to buy through Evasive last year, but they raised the price from $950 to $995 out of nowhere. I was mad, but was fortunately able to snag the catback last Black Friday through Deft Motion for $950 and a nice discount. They don't list CLEiB stuff on their site anymore though. My exhaust shipped within a few days from what looked like Evasive (SoCal) anyway LOL.

Ultimately, it is a rare exhaust in North America, but maybe not worth the price when you can get titanium exhausts like Tomei for better weight savings and around the same price.
Myemim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Myemim For This Useful Post:
YSoAggressive (07-16-2021)