follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 09-09-2014, 09:56 AM   #15
SmartedPanda

Drives: SWP BRZ Limited Manual. 2014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmpena View Post
Fuck that. They're just being lazy. I've gotten the same kind of response before. They probably didn't even try to check for the issue. They're just seeing if they can get rid of you.

I've had multiple dealerships and shops try to pull this kind of crap. Don't accept their laziness. Get their lead mechanic in the car with you and show him the issue, and make sure he acknowledges the issue!

I recorded a video of a previous issue and even showed my VIN in the video as proof that it was my car and they still told me, "It doesn't matter if you have proof. All that matters is if WE can verify you're having an issue."

I told them that was bullshit, took their lead mechanic out to my car, told him to start it up and let me watch him test the vehicle...and then all of a sudden he was like, "oh yeah...I guess it is making noises."

Don't be a pushover. Make them fix your issue...at no cost. You have a damn warranty for a reason.
Besides calling me a pushover, thanks.

I already have it documented and they already drove it for a few miles to validate if the noise is coming in or not. The problem is, the issue is inconsistent, and it's actually improving since I've made this post.

I'ma going to wait a few more weeks to see if the 2nd gear noise is getting worst or not since I have an empty parking garage to myself.
[| Blox 490 Knob | Mishimoto Silicon Intake | K&N Filter | DD Always-On DRL | Tomei 60S | Weather Tech | RED USDM TOM's Tail Lights | OEM Underbody Panels | Intec High Mount Brake | RexSpeed Heated Wide Mirrors | TC105N 17x9 | Super Sport 245/40R17 |TRD Quickshifter | Porsche Brake Air Duct | TRD Sliding Armrest| OEM Knee Pads | MTEC Shifter Springs| WRX OEM Oil Cooler| Generic PVC Catch Can|]
SmartedPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:46 AM   #16
DarkSunrise

Drives: 22 BRZ (Previously 13 FR-S)
Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,220 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Make sure to lift completely off the throttle between shifts. That helps.

2nd gear used to be an issue for me, but it went away. Not sure why. I haven't changed the fluid. Perhaps it broke in over time.

3rd gear is still notchy (or worse, locked out) for me sometimes if I try to upshift quickly at 4000-5000 RPM. Sometimes I wonder if it could be solved with more solid transmission mounts.

2022 BRZ Build
2013 FR-S Build
DarkSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:48 PM   #17
KonTheory

Drives: '14 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Yeah when I got mine brand new 2nd gear was bitch, grinded from time to time,
worse when it was cold,
13000kms now and havent have any second gear grinding for a long time,
Im sure it just needs time to break in, now I have the TRD quickshifter..
Shifting is the best now
'14 Raven FRS - Toyota Badges - Helix Smoked Side Markers - K&N Drop-in - 3" Nameless Axleback 4" Mufflers - Tinted Back Windows - RCE Yellow Springs - Openflash Tablet - OLM HID Kit - Cusco strut bar - TRD Quickshifter - 17x9 Enkei RPF1's with Nitto NT05's
KonTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:02 PM   #18
ScorpionOzzy

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I actually had a 5th gear grind when downshifting at about 75mph. Took it into the dealer, had the tech go for a ride with me and they ordered a transmission pretty much on the spot. Dropped the car off Monday and picked it up yesterday.. no grinds yet
ScorpionOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote