follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 10-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #463
jdm-az-fuk

Drives: 2013 Fr-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
Why are you wondering when you can go right to their site and configure your system with any of the 10 turbo options they have to choose from?

http://www.fa20club.com/product.php?...cat=314&page=1

Didn't know that.. Honestly.. I am kinda hesitant to buy from them. They seem to be understaffed and take a really really really long time to ship out items.

Some members have waited over 6 months for their header. I think I am going to have my own kit fabb'd up really soon. I am just waiting for the green light from a friend to start.
jdm-az-fuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #464
pixel67

Drives: 13 Asphalt FRS AT
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm-az-fuk View Post
Didn't know that.. Honestly.. I am kinda hesitant to buy from them. They seem to be understaffed and take a really really really long time to ship out items.

Some members have waited over 6 months for their header. I think I am going to have my own kit fabb'd up really soon. I am just waiting for the green light from a friend to start.
Well... good luck on your build. These are all custom kits and that takes time. It looks like folks are starting to receive their UEL headers so hopefully we will start seeing FI/UEL results soon. As far as taking a long time to ship out parts, i think it depends on the part. Things that are readily available ship quickly as my MAP sensor shipped a day after placing the order.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #465
lbroskee

Drives: 2023 WRB BRZ (MT)
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixel67 View Post
Well... good luck on your build. These are all custom kits and that takes time. It looks like folks are starting to receive their UEL headers so hopefully we will start seeing FI/UEL results soon. As far as taking a long time to ship out parts, i think it depends on the part. Things that are readily available ship quickly as my MAP sensor shipped a day after placing the order.
basically, if they dont have to fab it ull get it quick. i waited lik 2 months for my headers and they messed up and made me a catted one so that same day they fabbed me up the non catted (now that is how u satisfy a customer after a mistake). took about 2 hours just for that small piece and i think the shop only has 1 guy who does fab work
lbroskee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #466
bgibbsunc

Drives: Firestorm Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixel67 View Post
I was one of if not the first uel FI on the streets. IT does take a lot of time because the UEL are harder and more time consuming to fab. Also the ceramic coating extends time because I dont believe its done in house. I have had my kit on for a bit but I honestly havent had time to get on and make a thread. The UEL headers sound amazing. All that are waiting hang in there you will forget all that time once you hit the throttle for the first time after install. I will be working to get a thread up with uel sound clips and a review.

FA20 club 60 trim + flex fuel
467 whp 356 ft lbs @ 19 lbs
Owner of Sidewinders Auto LLC.
San Antonio TX
bgibbsunc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bgibbsunc For This Useful Post:
Dan@AWD (10-15-2013)
Old 10-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #467
Frs300

Drives: Pile of junk
Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbroskee View Post
yet ur running this kit?
it was kind of a smart ass remark
Frs300 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frs300 For This Useful Post:
lbroskee (10-15-2013)
Old 10-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #468
lbroskee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbsunc View Post
I was one of if not the first uel FI on the streets. IT does take a lot of time because the UEL are harder and more time consuming to fab. Also the ceramic coating extends time because I dont believe its done in house. I have had my kit on for a bit but I honestly havent had time to get on and make a thread. The UEL headers sound amazing. All that are waiting hang in there you will forget all that time once you hit the throttle for the first time after install. I will be working to get a thread up with uel sound clips and a review.
Yup. Ceramic coating is outsourced and the only guy that does it locally is a **** and puts Toni's products to the side pretty much
Old 10-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #469
mike the snake

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
I'm either going to go with a fabricated crash beam, or with this product.

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Beat...ont-Beam-Brace
mike the snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #470
ecko04
Seems Legit

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the snake View Post

That looks cool. You can basically make mounting the intercooler the last thing you do with it. You would have perfect alignment the 1st time. Just fit everything and wherever the inter cooler ends you sliding to once everything is tight is where you mount it.

You can even move the intercooler as high up as you want it to alleviate having some of those bumper fitment issues seen others have because the intercooler is too far left or right or not mounted high enough.

Good call out on the part!
Old 10-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #471
mike the snake

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
My main reasoning for getting this part is that I plan to cut the black plastic "mouthpiece" off the front of my BRZ when I install the turbo kit.

This will open up the front for more airflow over the radiators and intercooler, along with making my car look better and unique.

The engine compartment is so sealed that I definitely will have to vent somehow, either fender vents or vented hood, because the extra air coming in through the bigger front opening still needs somewhere to go though.
mike the snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #472
lbroskee

Garage
Quote:
My main reasoning for getting this part is that I plan to cut the black plastic "mouthpiece" off the front of my BRZ when I install the turbo kit.

This will open up the front for more airflow over the radiators and intercooler, along with making my car look better and unique.

The engine compartment is so sealed that I definitely will have to vent somehow, either fender vents or vented hood, because the extra air coming in through the bigger front opening still needs somewhere to go though.
Def let us know how fitment is
Old 10-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #473
Ny Brz
Hella Flush

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:

I was looking at this as well,good option for those who do not want to cut their stock beam and set it aside.

I agree with the OP's statements that this thread is for FA20club kit owners and any questions about build and R&D questions should answered by @FA20Club.com. I'm sure though if there are any questions that people have pertaining to someones build that is already installed they would be glad to help out, because that is what this forum is for. So if people want to bash FA20clubs design of their TK, the wait time, or whatever beef they have contact them directly. I have not seen one negative reviews of the kit once installed, if there is i would hope someone would post it here so people can be aware of them. Pretty much everyone who receives their kit loves it, i myself have waiting in excess of over a bit of 3 months now and I understand people can be impatient but there are other options for kits.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #474
bgibbsunc

Drives: Firestorm Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

Wow I really like that piece. hmm only thing is what would you mount the intercooler to? As of right now mine is mounted to my crash bar with L brackets.

FA20 club 60 trim + flex fuel
467 whp 356 ft lbs @ 19 lbs
Owner of Sidewinders Auto LLC.
San Antonio TX
bgibbsunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #475
sid3way5

Drives: 13 wrb brz greddy evo3 catback.....
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Any brz owners have to cut their headlights for the ic pipes to fit ?
sid3way5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #476
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3way5 View Post
Any brz owners have to cut their headlights for the ic pipes to fit ?
Not that I have read. I know with the Full Blown kit you have to remove one of the connectors from its mounting location on the passenger side headlight to gain some clearance, but it is in the instructions.

Tags
0-60 in 22million sec, beam, best of all, doyen done done it again!, fa20club header, fa20club.com, fa20crap, fa20crud.com, frs turbo kit, i like turbos, turbo frs, turbo kit, turbocharged brz, visconti 2.0?, welding4noobs, www.p&lclub.com, you'llneedamuletoride