follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 05-06-2017, 09:20 AM   #15
1slowbrz

Drives: 2017 WRB BRZ PP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have an E92 M3 competition package, adding a 2017 BRZ Next week.

My decision was made when I was looking for a car I could track on the weekends and not be terrified of repairs/maintenance. The one autocross I did with my M3 was ended early by a small suspension part failure which cost me $1000 in towing/repairs to get back on the road.

The M3 is hilariously fun to drive on the street, but I'm not rich and trying to track an M3 is pushing close to the limit of my means financially.

Side note: I manage a Chevrolet dealer, and could never buy a Camaro. They're great on paper, horrible to drive. Corvette, maybe.
1slowbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:32 PM   #16
ztrevs

Drives: 17' CWP BRZ ------- 15' GLA45 AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FWIW I was cross shopping an M3 with the BRZ.

They are in two completely different leagues I know but buying them used in my area, a decent one can run around 40K CAD. It has always been a dream of mine to own an M series car.
That being said, knowing that I was going to modify the car eventually I knew parts/aftermarket parts were going to significantly more expensive because german duh.

I've test drove both cars heavily and I honestly get the same feeling when I drive them both hard.
Sure you lose out on the amazing sounds and flat out nutty torque that the M3 gives but cutting in and out of lanes and whipping around corners they are both so alike in so many ways.
It must be great to have both under the same roof.
ztrevs is offline   Reply With Quote