follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2021, 07:01 AM   #1177
Atropine

Drives: 2021 Toyota Supra 2020 4Runner
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CT Tech/X-Ray, Master's in Health Admin as well.

Bell's Palsy was caused the first time in military with the Anthrax vaccine. It was supposed to be a 3 shot thing...9/11 occurred and many of us were given all 3 doses at once (obviously bad practice there)

Second time was from receiving H1N1 (Swine Flu) about 1 month after I had gotten H1N1 and Recovered from it.

In both of these cases...the vaccines were mandated upon...not my choice (in fairness, I agreed to them at the time)
Most likely the Bell's Palsy was caused from overloading my immune system.

As far as the 90 day thing, CDC says you aren't vaccinated until 14 days after your first/only or second shot. The 90 day thing has been thrown around. My hospital system has started flagging people who are outside the 90 days as "Third dose not recieved" and/or "Vaccine status: incomplete"

Here in Idaho, we have a drastic shortage of healthcare workers. To be honest one of the MOST dangerous places to be if you don't want to be exposed to COVID is the hospital. I have received the vaccine recently due to my job being threatened.

I am honestly curious why people on unemployment/welfare aren't just denied benefits unless it gets spun into a "racial thing".

As far as it being a racial thing...I find the silence deafening on that front.

Minorities are vaccinated at a less than 30% rate.
https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/
But this will never be brought up btw for some reason.

The Myocarditis thing is a real thing. It will be anounced later that is is way more common than expected. That being said, myocarditis from COVID is at a higher rate than the vax.

My fear for Bell's Palsy is that even now they/we do not recommend the vaccine if you recently have had COVID. I am exposed to it literally every day that I work (3-4 days a week...12 hour shifts).
If my immune system is already overloaded from fighting COVID or the Flu or really about anything, a vaccine of any kind can cause problems. That is why the "have you been sick recently" is on the questionaire.

I had a religious and medical exemption. I eventually got the vaccine because there is a real danger of COVID.

I NOW feel the dangers of COVID are greater than the dangers of the vaccine. Delta is actually hurting somewhat healthy people.

Regular COVID...100% of the patients that I dealt with were morbidly obese/diabetic/old/other problems.
That is no longer the case. I would say like 95% are those things. And about 80% of the patients that are hospitalized are unvaccinated.

Though my hospital is literally counting people outside of that 90 day window as "unvaccinated" or "vaccination status: incomplete".

I honestly feel that aspect is propoganda.

Last year many people had "COVID" and tested negative for it. We quit testing for FLU A/B. Why? Because we got a crap ton of money for every COVID encounter. The numbers are not accurate.

Me saying the numbers are not accurate is NOT me saying COVID is not dangerous.

As far as the unvaccinated people getting "backline jobs"...that is not an option.

Its the smugness and the glee that people/news sources have when 170+ hospital workers get fired for this is what is so upsetting.

My hospital has had people (employees) die from COVID in the past year and a half. We have gone to work loyaly and now we are being cast aside.

Also, it will come out later that vaccinated people are MORE likely to infect others. Simple reason is that they can still catch/spread COVID and are more likely to be asymptomatic.
There are many examples of this in history.
Typhoid Mary comes to mind.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3959940/

Also, I did J&J shot, because I do not trust MRNA technology yet.

The medical field has been working on MRNA technology for 20+ years.
Never has a cancer treatment or vaccine featuring MRNA technology pass FDA trials, specifically Phase 3 (long term side effects)
So now we are supposed to explicitly trust a rushed, leaky vaccine?
BTW the "vaccines" should not be called "vaccines". They should be called prophylatics.

I am hoping that the MRNA vaccines are safe. I am a healthcare worker after all...I don't want 100 million+ people with debilitating diseases.

If there is a problem from the MRNA vaccines, history would say that it will create an autoimmune disease (like rhuematoid arthritis or Lupus, MS or IBS) It could be somethign absolutely awful, or it could be something relatively minor. We won't know for a while. BTW I am not saying it will do that in everyone. But what if like 5% of people who get these MRNA shots develop some thign later? Would you still be glad you got it?

I just am sick and tired of the "get the vax or you are a selfish evil person".

I am tired of the "unvaxxed people do not deserve healthcare". If that is what we are doing now...then no more cancer treatment for smokers, no more healthcare in general for obese people. I mean all these things are choices right?

The venom spewed at people who have not taken the vaccine is NOT going to convince them to change their stance.

I am also tired of people parroting Fauci like he hasn't changed his message dozens of times sicne this started.

Also, he directed funding to the Wuhan lab that was doing gain of function testing where this whole thing escaped from.

Also if you want to be creeped out...look how definitions have changed and how things get "debunked"

Examples RQ:
here is a "debunking" of the Fauci promoting AZT killed people
https://healthfeedback.org/claimrevi...substantiated/
And here is an actual peer reviewed study from 1995 showing that AZT doubled the mortality rate for AIDS patients.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11362821/

BTW when they were trying to create an HIV vaccine there were 2 main groups of people used. Gay men because they were at most risk to naturally contract HIV and they were volunteers. The second group were orphaned minors. Wonder why they used orphans? A cynical person would say they used minors because you normally would have a legal guardian/parent sign the conent. A ward of the state...its the government agency that handles the consent.
https://www.vera.org/projects/new-yo...als/learn-more

So yeah, people like me who have done research into how the government has done things in the past...we don't blindly trust what we see on TV.

Last edited by Atropine; 10-02-2021 at 10:51 AM.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Atropine For This Useful Post:
86TOYO2k17 (10-08-2021), funwheeldrive (10-02-2021), Hoahao (10-02-2021), jeffchap (10-02-2021), kask2_6.0 (10-02-2021), p1l0t (10-08-2021), TommyW (10-03-2021), TylerLieberman (10-02-2021), Ultramaroon (10-03-2021), wbradley (10-02-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 09:57 AM   #1178
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Illinois radio has started doing a series of 'get vaccinated' radio ad's. they all come off as condescending/know-it-all in that fake i-care-for-the-tv-camera's tone.

if they had started that crap before i got the shot, i would've avoided it just to make a point.
86TOYO2k17 (10-08-2021), Atropine (10-03-2021), TommyW (10-03-2021), Ultramaroon (10-03-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 11:38 AM   #1179
cjd

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Thanked 2,928 Times in 1,714 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Garage
Unemployed should be denied benefits, but not the employed?
Realize that unemployment has a pretty strict set of requirements. It usually means some giant company decided to trim their budget, fuck the fact these are people who counted on the company, invested time and energy into it in exchange for a paycheck. Though certainly lately more small businesses who didn't want to shut down but had no other choice. And once you're out it's no walk in the park.

Everyone with a job is just as dependent on someone else in the end. More of us on the whims of some insanely rich schmuck than in a long time.
Atropine (10-02-2021), soundman98 (10-02-2021), Ultramaroon (10-03-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 12:06 PM   #1180
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Atropine, that was an interesting post, thank you.

Keep in mind there are other developed nations aside from the USA who have consistently protected their citizens for many years. Wouldn't the legitimacy of countries such as Canada, UK, France, Germany and Japan given you any reassurance? Granted some Americans are very distrusting of government. But every government everywhere? Allowing paranoia to create a crippling effect on everyone's effort to minimize the virus in their community might just be a tiny bit on the irrational side, at least to me.

I have never heard or read any legitimate paper that Bell's Palsy is linked to immunological overload. Stress overload, yes. In fact first time I heard of Bell's is when I was a kid the project manager building our home who was way behind schedule developed it. I always associated that condition with anxiety and stress.

Edit- Bell's palsy is said to have an unknown cause, although it is sometimes linked to recent viral infections.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
Atropine (10-02-2021), Ultramaroon (10-03-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 01:27 PM   #1181
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
lol
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
Old 10-02-2021, 03:13 PM   #1182
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
lol
Hey this is serious!

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
spike021 (10-02-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 06:29 PM   #1183
Atropine

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
Atropine, that was an interesting post, thank you.

Keep in mind there are other developed nations aside from the USA who have consistently protected their citizens for many years. Wouldn't the legitimacy of countries such as Canada, UK, France, Germany and Japan given you any reassurance? Granted some Americans are very distrusting of government. But every government everywhere? Allowing paranoia to create a crippling effect on everyone's effort to minimize the virus in their community might just be a tiny bit on the irrational side, at least to me.

I have never heard or read any legitimate paper that Bell's Palsy is linked to immunological overload. Stress overload, yes. In fact first time I heard of Bell's is when I was a kid the project manager building our home who was way behind schedule developed it. I always associated that condition with anxiety and stress.

Edit- Bell's palsy is said to have an unknown cause, although it is sometimes linked to recent viral infections.
A government/media can mislead people, even if its on accident.

We don't know what is correct yet because the science is evolving/changing.

The removal of natural immunity from the definition of Herd Immunity is troubling to me.

The villianization of Ivermectin, which has been giving to humans for malaria is an odd choice. A cynical person would point out that since Ivermectin is an old drug and no longer has a patent...big pharmacy companies cannot get rich on selling it. A cynical person could point to how Ivermectin has been useds 100s of millions of times on malaria and there are studies showing that it works as a prophylatic in other countries where the vaccine isn't readily available.

Here is a peer reviewed study that shows Ivermectin works for COVID.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8088823/

But you cannot get a EUA for an untested medicine or vaccine if there is currently an FDA approved existing drug already on the market.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropine For This Useful Post:
86TOYO2k17 (10-08-2021), funwheeldrive (10-02-2021), TommyW (10-03-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 06:37 PM   #1184
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
i don't know the difference between the truth and lies anymore.
Atropine (10-02-2021), funwheeldrive (10-02-2021), Ultramaroon (10-03-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 06:37 PM   #1185
Atropine

That is the thing CJD.

Welfare and permanently on assistance people ARE NOT having their "income" threatened.

In fact, when the idea is floated out there that people on government assistance could be mandated...you have multiple news agencies saying how that isn't fair.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...942_story.html

But if an Airline/Hospital/food chain fires their workers for not getting the vaccine...that same news outlet is ok with it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ny...cid=uxbndlbing

Just curious why the double standard.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropine For This Useful Post:
86TOYO2k17 (10-08-2021), funwheeldrive (10-02-2021), TylerLieberman (10-02-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 06:45 PM   #1186
Atropine

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
i don't know the difference between the truth and lies anymore.
There is a lot of both out there man

But I just am distrustful when there is a concerted effort to silence peer reviewed articles.

When people want too think for themselves, they are painted as a "conspiracy theorist", and their Facebook, Twitter etc blocks/bans them.

When 6 months later, they are proven right (Wuhan Lab leak theory) no apologies are given. And we are told to keep listening to the MSM and not to do our own research...

How many times do the goalpost need to be moved, or does Fauci of the CDC/WHO get caught contradicting themself (I won't say they are lying...the information does change frequently), before you don't explicitly trust them?

I tell friends/coworkers/my patients this: "If you have a lot of comorbidities, you should strongly consider the vaccine".
But the risk profile for COVID and the vaccie are not the same for everyone.
The risk for COVID problems are higher in certain groups...an the same the the vaccine.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atropine For This Useful Post:
86TOYO2k17 (10-08-2021), funwheeldrive (10-02-2021), p1l0t (10-02-2021), TylerLieberman (10-02-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 06:51 PM   #1187
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,576 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atropine View Post
I tell friends/coworkers/my patients this: "If you have a lot of comorbidities, you should strongly consider the vaccine".
But the risk profile for COVID and the vaccie are not the same for everyone.
The risk for COVID problems are higher in certain groups...an the same the the vaccine.
I've basically been saying the same thing but I just get called a heartless and antagonizing POS on here or something. And that my work ethic is trash and I shouldn't be working with patients because I'm selfish lol

Even though I got the first vaccine dose and experienced side effects and it was suggested by my PCP not to get the 2nd. And even though getting the vaccine doesn't stop one from contracting and spreading the virus, but rather helps reduce severity of symptoms.

But that was like 4 closed threads ago or something.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
86TOYO2k17 (10-08-2021), Atropine (10-02-2021), funwheeldrive (10-02-2021), Hoahao (10-03-2021), Jdmjunkie (10-02-2021), p1l0t (10-02-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 08:55 PM   #1188
Lantanafrs2

Drives: 2013 frs red
Thanked 3,088 Times in 1,654 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
They were closing threads not because of misinformation, only dissenting opinions.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lantanafrs2 For This Useful Post:
86TOYO2k17 (10-08-2021), Hoahao (10-03-2021), Jdmjunkie (10-02-2021), p1l0t (10-02-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 08:57 PM   #1189
Lantanafrs2

Drives: 2013 frs red
Thanked 3,088 Times in 1,654 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...9-immunity.amp
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lantanafrs2 For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (10-02-2021), p1l0t (10-02-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 09:06 PM   #1190
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post
I've basically been saying the same thing but I just get called a heartless and antagonizing POS on here or something. And that my work ethic is trash and I shouldn't be working with patients because I'm selfish lol

Even though I got the first vaccine dose and experienced side effects and it was suggested by my PCP not to get the 2nd. And even though getting the vaccine doesn't stop one from contracting and spreading the virus, but rather helps reduce severity of symptoms.

But that was like 4 closed threads ago or something.
Well you were antagonizing wbradley so.... lol

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
x808drifter (10-02-2021)
Closed Thread

Tags
beau cave keeners club, bradcuckedbymonkeys, come and make me, crybabylantanafrs, leeroy jenkins!!, noah get the boat, o'doyle rules!, peer reviewed thread, pew pew, rawdoggers4trump, shut the fuck up, socialist losers, spikesasimp, this is a wendy's, tylercuckedlieberman, voteforpedro, waaaantanafrs2, waahbradleywaah, waahwaahbradley, waahwaahvteckickedinyo