follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 04-12-2016, 03:02 AM   #1
Fab Racing

Drives: 2013 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My engine bay mods to my FRS

Check out my engine bay mods on you tube.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tY0l1Sopws"]My Scion FRS engine mods - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by Fab Racing; 04-12-2016 at 03:07 AM. Reason: video
Fab Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fab Racing For This Useful Post:
GT86_PRAGUE (04-12-2016), Lorico (04-12-2016), Mim (05-08-2016)
Old 04-12-2016, 08:33 AM   #2
GT86_PRAGUE

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
How much HP did you gain?
GT86_PRAGUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:58 AM   #3
Lorico

Drives: 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
lol cute assistance. does he get a turn to drive too?

Im likeing the phantom supercharger more and more. If only Todd and Paul from Everyday could get a phantom supercharger for review!
Lorico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:52 AM   #4
Fab Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT86_PRAGUE View Post
How much HP did you gain?
Gains around 30 hp .
Old 05-08-2016, 07:09 AM   #5
Mim

Drives: MY11 Maxima 350st, MY15 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
That was a pretty good video. Especially enjoyed the Phantom SC component.

Once my factory warranty is out I'm looking to likewise get some EL headers and a tune. Would of been nice to hear how much louder the car was with the headers.

Much like your own mod path, I'm looking to leave the rest of the exhaust stock to keep the noise down, but also mitigate any drone and rasp.
MY15 CWP A/T BRZ | Leather heated seats | STI CAI filter, A/T leather shifter, strut brace, V-brace, draw stiffener, battery tie down, Radiator cap, Oil cap, push start button | TRD door stabilizer | YoSpeed STI console garnish | Pioneer AVIC-F70DAB + Rev-camera, TS-WX710A sub | JL speakers, Amp | TOMS' Clear Brake Lights | Cusco 4.556 FD | Driveshaft Shop aluminum shaft | Tein FlexZ, EDFC AP+GPS | Crawford BPB
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:55 PM   #6
Fab Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
That was a pretty good video. Especially enjoyed the Phantom SC component.

Once my factory warranty is out I'm looking to likewise get some EL headers and a tune. Would of been nice to hear how much louder the car was with the headers.

Much like your own mod path, I'm looking to leave the rest of the exhaust stock to keep the noise down, but also mitigate any drone and rasp.

The exhaust is a little noisier because of the headers as well as my oft tune.
There is a cold start exhaust sound clip in this video:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6vEWV8wSkM"]Supercharger woes - YouTube[/ame]
The Following User Says Thank You to Fab Racing For This Useful Post:
Mim (05-25-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 07:21 PM   #7
Mim

Drives: MY11 Maxima 350st, MY15 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab Racing View Post
The exhaust is a little noisier because of the headers as well as my oft tune.
I wouldn't call that terrible. It does sound a little louder, but I live an a reasonably warm climate. The depths of winter (for Sydney) equates to around 10 deg c and only for about 20% of the year. With the car garaged it tends to cold start from no less than 15 deg c as the house is built over it and so transfers some of its warmth down.

This all leads to shorter warm ups and less noise, but likewise I'm not feeling the need to go with a new catback. From what I read its really just for increased sound and tuning there of with little to no power gain. I gravitate more towards function over form myself.

Appreciate the video for the cold start example and also a perspective on real world maintenance of a phantom SC system too.

Tesla's Elon Musk could learn a thing or two about presentation skills from you. Nice clear, well paced and stutter free.
MY15 CWP A/T BRZ | Leather heated seats | STI CAI filter, A/T leather shifter, strut brace, V-brace, draw stiffener, battery tie down, Radiator cap, Oil cap, push start button | TRD door stabilizer | YoSpeed STI console garnish | Pioneer AVIC-F70DAB + Rev-camera, TS-WX710A sub | JL speakers, Amp | TOMS' Clear Brake Lights | Cusco 4.556 FD | Driveshaft Shop aluminum shaft | Tein FlexZ, EDFC AP+GPS | Crawford BPB
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 04:00 PM   #8
Fab Racing

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I wouldn't call that terrible. It does sound a little louder, but I live an a reasonably warm climate. The depths of winter (for Sydney) equates to around 10 deg c and only for about 20% of the year. With the car garaged it tends to cold start from no less than 15 deg c as the house is built over it and so transfers some of its warmth down.

This all leads to shorter warm ups and less noise, but likewise I'm not feeling the need to go with a new catback. From what I read its really just for increased sound and tuning there of with little to no power gain. I gravitate more towards function over form myself.

Appreciate the video for the cold start example and also a perspective on real world maintenance of a phantom SC system too.

Tesla's Elon Musk could learn a thing or two about presentation skills from you. Nice clear, well paced and stutter free.
Thanks, but I think the cat is the real star of the video.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:51 AM   #9
CarLava

Drives: 2008 Scion FR-S
Nice engine mod
CarLava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CarLava For This Useful Post:
Fab Racing (05-31-2016)

Tags
engine bay