follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
Choong86
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Drives: Toyota GTS 86
Location: Victoria
Posts: 23
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Injen SES Headers/ Agency Power headers

Does anyone have any experience with these headers? Keen to hear some reviews as I want to purchase but unsure as to which headers to get.

Alternatively just gonna go with borla uel
Choong86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #2
s2d4
Senior Member
 
s2d4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Location: OZ
Posts: 2,615
Thanks: 603
Thanked 1,221 Times in 707 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I wouldn't put any of those 3 on my car.
s2d4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #3
FR-Sizzle
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: brz
Location: San Dieg
Posts: 245
Thanks: 30
Thanked 84 Times in 52 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Avoid Agency Power and @vividracing at all cost. They are a horrible company and just make knock offs. Their exhaust has so many problems according to some customers who were early adopters. Bad fitment/sound/drone you name it. They claim they make it in house but they have their parts made in Taiwan which is why you see so many quality control issues when it gets to the customers. They are a horrible company and were caught lying about the gains their cat back, headers, over/front pipe made all so they can get some sales. T
They copied the over/front pipe 1 piece design from nameless also.

Their was a huge thread, 3 of them that had them making excuse after excuse when they were caught in a lie. Then mysteriously the person posting on the vivid racing account would dissapear because of medical reasons or BS when they were called out regarding lies they said on these forums. Like they would make shit up and say someone either got fired, was on leave, has cancer or make up a bunch of BS. AVoid them at all costs. They are banned from most subaru forums for a reason. How they arent banned here after the whole fake dyno charts debacle is rediculous.

The Injen SES exhausts is nice. I would go with that over the AP one any day. But if I had to choose an exhaust with dual mufflers like the Injen/Agency power, I would go with ARK or Greddys limited edition GTS-v2 catback. That things a beauty and looks extremely nice/sounds great too.
FR-Sizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
ramiram1984
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Drives: 2016 STi DGM
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 1,607
Thanks: 742
Thanked 516 Times in 334 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
You get what you pay for.
__________________
-2014 SSM BRZ MT
ramiram1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #5
vividracing
 
vividracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Posts: 2,593
Thanks: 491
Thanked 1,065 Times in 617 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Have you had a personal experience with us? You are entitled to your own opinion and I respect you for speaking out. However, if we were really a horrible company then I really don't understand why I have countless pm's a day requesting parts and getting one of our cars in this month's issue of Modified. I can tell you that Agency does have some flaws but they are still a separate company that even I have issues with. I know nothing of their operations and only sell their parts like many vendors here. Can you call out a Sam's club employee because of something that happened to you at Walmart? In my honest opinion, I always tell customer's if you can invest in a little more than go with something better. If you need a good deal and an inexpensive alternative, I will get you some AP items, because they have been updated and work. Thank you for your feed back. We appreciate it because it helps us improve.

If anyone has an issue with Vivid Racing current or past that has not been resolved please let me know and I will take care of you.

I apologize to the OP for taking up space in his thread. I am done here.

Jacky


Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Sizzle View Post
Avoid Agency Power and @vividracing at all cost. They are a horrible company and just make knock offs. Their exhaust has so many problems according to some customers who were early adopters. Bad fitment/sound/drone you name it. They claim they make it in house but they have their parts made in Taiwan which is why you see so many quality control issues when it gets to the customers. They are a horrible company and were caught lying about the gains their cat back, headers, over/front pipe made all so they can get some sales. T
They copied the over/front pipe 1 piece design from nameless also.

Their was a huge thread, 3 of them that had them making excuse after excuse when they were caught in a lie. Then mysteriously the person posting on the vivid racing account would dissapear because of medical reasons or BS when they were called out regarding lies they said on these forums. Like they would make shit up and say someone either got fired, was on leave, has cancer or make up a bunch of BS. AVoid them at all costs. They are banned from most subaru forums for a reason. How they arent banned here after the whole fake dyno charts debacle is rediculous.

The Injen SES exhausts is nice. I would go with that over the AP one any day. But if I had to choose an exhaust with dual mufflers like the Injen/Agency power, I would go with ARK or Greddys limited edition GTS-v2 catback. That things a beauty and looks extremely nice/sounds great too.
vividracing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vividracing For This Useful Post:
xia (12-27-2013)
Old 12-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #6
Choong86
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Drives: Toyota GTS 86
Location: Victoria
Posts: 23
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What about Injen headers? I know their intakes are good as I have one myself, and the exhaust sounds nice, but have no clue about their headers.

Additionally what about JDL all these are options atm for me
Choong86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #7
s2d4
Senior Member
 
s2d4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Location: OZ
Posts: 2,615
Thanks: 603
Thanked 1,221 Times in 707 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choong86 View Post
What about Injen headers? I know their intakes are good as I have one myself, and the exhaust sounds nice, but have no clue about their headers.

Additionally what about JDL all these are options atm for me
How do you know they are good?
__________________
s2d4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #8
wootwoot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: FRS
Location: Cali
Posts: 1,558
Thanks: 188
Thanked 458 Times in 264 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Vivid racing was burned at the stake a while back over some BS here on the forum. They made a mistake in posting some dyno results and people jumped on them and said Vivid was trying to lie about the gains made by their products. It stemmed from a severe over reaction by a few forum members in my opinion. Anytime I contacted them they were very helpful. As far as fitment issues, EVERY exhaust company has had issues.

The products you listed are on the cheaper, and therefore, lower quality end of the spectrum. If it is what you can afford then that kind of solves the problem. If you can save up a little more money I would suggest buying a higher quality product.

As far as vivid, I would have no hesitation buying anything from them. They are good peoples.

Just my 2 cents.
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wootwoot For This Useful Post:
vividracing (12-28-2013)
Old 12-27-2013, 10:04 PM   #9
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku
 
Dimman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Location: Greater Vancouver (New West)
Posts: 6,854
Thanks: 2,398
Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vividracing View Post
Have you had a personal experience with us? You are entitled to your own opinion and I respect you for speaking out. However, if we were really a horrible company then I really don't understand why I have countless pm's a day requesting parts and getting one of our cars in this month's issue of Modified. I can tell you that Agency does have some flaws but they are still a separate company that even I have issues with. I know nothing of their operations and only sell their parts like many vendors here. Can you call out a Sam's club employee because of something that happened to you at Walmart? In my honest opinion, I always tell customer's if you can invest in a little more than go with something better. If you need a good deal and an inexpensive alternative, I will get you some AP items, because they have been updated and work. Thank you for your feed back. We appreciate it because it helps us improve.

If anyone has an issue with Vivid Racing current or past that has not been resolved please let me know and I will take care of you.

I apologize to the OP for taking up space in his thread. I am done here.

Jacky
You guys really don't want to revisit the 'misunderstanding'-filled thread, do you?
__________________


Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:22 PM   #10
StormTrooper
Senior Member
 
StormTrooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: SWP BRZ
Location: East Idaho
Posts: 933
Thanks: 120
Thanked 194 Times in 142 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Car parts are expensive.... you get what you pay for.

If it's significantly less than invidia which does use Chinese manufacturing there is usually a reason.
__________________
SWP BRZ Premium MT
StormTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:51 PM   #11
mswhong
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: FT86
Location: AUS
Posts: 253
Thanks: 83
Thanked 64 Times in 45 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choong86 View Post
What about Injen headers? I know their intakes are good as I have one myself, and the exhaust sounds nice, but have no clue about their headers.

Additionally what about JDL all these are options atm for me
The injen intake being "good" is questionable.. the exhaust (assuming catback) would be no different or similar to any other catback for an NA car - minimal gains with the only difference being in sound.

Headers are different - you get what you pay for. Headers isn't just a simple piece of piping that connects to the rest of your exhaust, it is much different. As such, the tubing diameter. runner length and overall design is what sets between the average header and the really, REALLY, good headers.

Example - nameless, sard, HKS, HPI Takumi series.. the list goes on. If you really want a good header, you're going to be looking at a minimum of $1000AUD and that's without shipping. The steeper price point SHOULD indicate that proper R&D was undertaken when manufacturing the header; however, branding and naming also does affect price.
mswhong is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTT AGENCY POWER CBE FOR UEL HEADERS subyboy NY / NJ / CT / PA 2 10-22-2013 06:06 PM
Agency Power headers $450 OBO whiteout fr-s Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons 9 08-17-2013 02:49 AM
FS - Agency Power Headers Kochinopride Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons 1 01-29-2013 02:30 AM
FS - Agency Power Headers Kochinopride Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons 3 11-12-2012 11:08 PM
Agency Power (headers) Polo Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 1 07-21-2012 07:27 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.