follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 10-31-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
ngabdala
Vortech Supercharged

Drives: WRB BRZ 6MT LTD
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
TSB Chirping

I brought my car in for it's first oil change at the dealership and let them know I have the chirping.

It honestly doesn't bother me but they showed me the Subaru TSB for the fix. I decided I would have them fix the problem anyways. I'm bringing it in tomorrow morning and they said I'd be able to pick it up Friday evening.

I'm going to miss my BRZ. I'm kind of a perfectionist so even though my car runs perfectly my instinct is to have it fixed anyways.

I remember Toyota announced a TSB for the fix and at the time Subaru didn't have one.

I'm posting just to let anyone know that didn't know already that you can now have the chirping fixed under warranty.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Let us know if they fix it. I can definitely hear mine chirping with the window down, but I am still convinced it is normal.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:51 PM   #3
avholic

Drives: BRZ WRBL6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
It takes 2 hours to replace the hpfp. They're going to have fun with your car for 2days. I would never leave my brz with the dealer. The day I had my oil change a kid tech told me how good an automatic Brz drove on the highway. And they only sold 3 Brzs, all WRB, 2 manuals, 1 automatic. I'm sure they took turns test driving the auto before the customer picked it up, coz very few kids know stick nowadays. Just saying. Oh btw, my dealer honored the scion chirp tsb.
avholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #4
ScionKid

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
My part is on order they said when it comes in I take it to them and I could stay while they replace it... The techs at my dealer were nice and pretty much let me watch them diagnose the problem... I told them about the TSB and they gave me a hard time but honored it after they had confimation through Scion... So in the next few weeks hopefully before I store my car for the winter they have the HPFP in...
ScionKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #5
MSTiFK8R

Drives: BRZ WRB
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngabdala View Post
I brought my car in for it's first oil change at the dealership and let them know I have the chirping.

It honestly doesn't bother me but they showed me the Subaru TSB for the fix. I decided I would have them fix the problem anyways. I'm bringing it in tomorrow morning and they said I'd be able to pick it up Friday evening.

I'm going to miss my BRZ. I'm kind of a perfectionist so even though my car runs perfectly my instinct is to have it fixed anyways.

I remember Toyota announced a TSB for the fix and at the time Subaru didn't have one.

I'm posting just to let anyone know that didn't know already that you can now have the chirping fixed under warranty.

detailed topic here
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...99&postcount=1
MSTiFK8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
Chimpo

Drives: '15 STi Ltd
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I thought I read the noise is fuel aeration within the pump and it doesn't have a detrimental affect on either the HPFP or the engine? Unless it's making your ears ring, why have car surgery? I understand the customer's concept of "quality = no noise", but noise doesn't always mean bad for the life of a part/equipment. What about the driveline bump/clunk when you shift? What about the trans gear noise? I find both of these more intrusive on a daily basis than the chirping.

I guess in the end, I'd personally rather live with a mild noise than have a dealer start tearing parts off. THAT'S when you risk things going wrong.

Sorry for the rant.
Chimpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #7
jarviz

Drives: Raven FRS MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngabdala View Post

I heard the chirping just comes back after a while so why bother? I'm just gonna wait/hope they come up with a permanent fix. Why couldn't the chirping noise be more of a low growling v-10 sound haha
jarviz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jarviz For This Useful Post:
ngabdala (11-02-2012)
Old 11-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
ngabdala
Vortech Supercharged

Drives: WRB BRZ 6MT LTD
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Got my car back today. They didn't fix anything. They have no idea when the parts would come in.

Either way I'm glad the bastards didn't touch my car