follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 06-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #43
TriForce

Drives: Camry
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Impressive, I didn't know bulding industry had such steady annual returns. I thought it was more of a single project=single return, kinda of deals.

Of course 15-20% rates are not unheard of, especially in business environment. The problem is if you don't know how business "actually" operates from the inside, doing investment in it is incredibly risky. Listening to "...my friend, has a friend, who knows some guy, who says he can make you 20% a year" is not the best way to go.
TriForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #44
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriForce View Post
Impressive, I didn't know bulding industry had such steady annual returns. I thought it was more of a single project=single return, kinda of deals.

Of course 15-20% rates are not unheard of, especially in business environment. The problem is if you don't know how business "actually" operates from the inside, doing investment in it is incredibly risky. Listening to "...my friend, has a friend, who knows some guy, who says he can make you 20% a year" is not the best way to go.
Market here in Vancouver is a special case. So long as China's economic bubble doesn't burst, or an earthquake doesn't hit, coupled with lax controls on foreign 'investment' there will continue to be a flood of foreign money coming into the local market that screws over the locals that missed the timing to get in.

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #45
RearDrive

Drives: 2000 accord v6 coupe
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriForce View Post

You are absolutely correct! The reason why it's almost a garunteed safe investment (and stable returns) is because the building company we are investing with got the rights to build in this area (there's 4 builders allowed currently to develop I believe) and there's enough land for us to build for 2-3 years. The only way the investment wouldn't work out is of people stopped buying which probably won't happen. Our markets currently flat and we just came out of a poor housing market and houses in that area were still selling. It's called garrison crossing.
RearDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #46
termigni

Drives: S2000
growing up, e36 M3 was my The Car. I love them still. now is the point where people can pick them up at a decent price. hence this question FRS or E36M?

Hands down FRS/BRZ. your wallet will thank you later, on both road and track.
termigni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #47
Mpowered

Drives: BR-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by RearDrive View Post
Like I said the building industry can be incredibly lucrative, most people just don't get the chance to get in on it the way I have. You need to have connections which fortunately my dad has. But yea I might hold off or if the showing for the e30 goes well ill try to get it for 7500 and sell my car for around 4-5k which wouldn't be much extra so most of the money will be going into it.
If you can get 15-20% you should opening your own investment fund. You'll make a 2% management fee + 20% promote and be filthy rich without risking any of your own capital.
Mpowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #48
Alphaghost

Drives: Current: 01 is300 and 08 Crv
E36 M3 is reliable, but you have to stay up on maintenance like cooling system, rsm, bushings, car is very fun to drive and easy as hell to work on just need proper tools. I wouldnt touch any M without taking someone who really knows the car or get a pre purchase inspection. If you want dd M3 is fine and gas mileage is fine, if you want to start modding and tracking the car, thats when they get expensive zionsville cooling setup is $2300 alone and thats just starters. If you want rwd and dont like miata maybe look at 240sx and save money, the s2k my buddy had had well over 20k invested in it to make it really bad ass
Old 07-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #49
Max Schnell

Drives: Lexus GS350 F-sport
I just drove my friend's 92 E36 325i sedan for a day with full M3 suspension and bolt-on M3 motor making about 240whp. It weighed in at the scales at 3020 lbs with me in it. That makes the car 2840lbs without me. Talk about a fun car to drive. The car feels so good when driving it both in the curvey stuff and on the straights.

Compared to the FRS I test drove, which is also a MT, the handling feels similar. Immediate turn in with more grip than I had skills for. The 325 had 225/16 all seasons on it. FRS had the better looking steering wheel and interior as the BMW was old and interior was kind of beat. Seating position did not feel low in the FRS and did not feel high in the E36.

I did not beat on the FRS during my test drive so I felt very little of its power, but the 325i simply pulls in every gear. Passing in any gear is no issue and you actually feel the car pulling as long as you start near 3k or higher.

Best part is total investment on this car was less than 5k including buying the car itself for 1.5k. He did the motor swap and upgrade work himself since he is a BMW mechanic before.

I also have a similarly modded E36 M3 and compared to that 325i the M3 felt slower and wabbled a bit more around the corners. Probably the 400lb difference showing through.
Max Schnell is offline   Reply With Quote