follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 05-31-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
RealShkillz
The White Pearl

Drives: '13 Whiteout FR-S M/T
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HID / LED questions

Hey guys,

So I get to pick up my brand new scion fr-s tomorrow (which is super exciting!!!!) and I was just wondering a few things for when I upgrade my lighting.

1. HID kit: I currently have a HID kit in my car, and I think once installed right they can make a huge difference, and yet not be offensive to other drivers. That all being said, who is a good supplier of H11 HID kits for our cars? I have been hearing a lot of people using DDM tuning or something, but is it worth it to spend more and buy a decent kit, or are they good enough?

2. LED upgrades: I want to change out a lot of the orange signal and daytime lights with LED bulbs. Again who would be a good supplier? I have seen HID powerhouse selling kits, and I wonder how good they are. Has anyone dealt with them or used their bulbs? if so can I see some pictures, that would be great!

I want to order these parts in the next month or so, and do some other small changes around the car, but any help in picking my upgrades wisely would be great!

Thanks guys! Toybaru for life!
RealShkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:39 PM   #2
YourFearlessLeader
Team ScioNRG President

Drives: 2017 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
If you want real hids, buy the brz. There is no simple plug and play kit that isn't offensive.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:47 PM   #3
Minovsky

Drives: Fr-s 2013 white out
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFearlessLeader View Post
If you want real hids, buy the brz. There is no simple plug and play kit that isn't offensive.
i find trucks/vans with 10 lights in front 100x more blinding than ones that arent hid proper headlights.. actually a lot of those trucks/vans are more blinding
Minovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:36 AM   #4
ryuusei

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
i picked up some LED replacement lights from Ledmod.com. i only have a few things replaced like the reverse lights, license plate lights, dome light, and trunk light changed out. i will probably ask him again for turn signal bulbs and other stuff. there is an 888 number on his website. ask him if you have any questions.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:40 AM   #5
Vicious LED
Banned

Drives: Scion FR-S Asphalt
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealShkillz View Post
Hey guys,

So I get to pick up my brand new scion fr-s tomorrow (which is super exciting!!!!) and I was just wondering a few things for when I upgrade my lighting.

2. LED upgrades: I want to change out a lot of the orange signal and daytime lights with LED bulbs. Again who would be a good supplier? I have seen HID powerhouse selling kits, and I wonder how good they are. Has anyone dealt with them or used their bulbs? if so can I see some pictures, that would be great!

I want to order these parts in the next month or so, and do some other small changes around the car, but any help in picking my upgrades wisely would be great!

Thanks guys! Toybaru for life!
First of all, congratulations on the new ride! You'll absolutely love your new FR-S

In regards to the LED lighting, we offer a full LED swap kit for the FR-S. PM us for more information and we'd be happy to answer all of your questions, or feel free to browse our website at www.ViciousLED.com
Vicious LED is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vicious LED For This Useful Post:
lbroskee (06-01-2013)
Old 06-01-2013, 04:25 AM   #6
lbroskee

Drives: 2023 WRB BRZ (MT)
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Garage
i 2nd Vicious LED. i've had a few different companies (not gonna name names), but they def have the best advertised colors. when they say pure white they are pure white and they don't go bad like others i've bought
lbroskee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lbroskee For This Useful Post:
Vicious LED (06-01-2013)
Old 06-01-2013, 04:30 AM   #7
IloveBaldEagles

Drives: Gray.
Thanked 2,086 Times in 995 Posts
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
PM'd
IloveBaldEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:15 AM   #8
mrlewistan
Driver of FR-S 1467

Drives: 2013 scion frs 001467
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
HIDs? TheRetrofitSource.com Everybody stands by that. I ordered a retrofit for the frs so i can get low/highbeam through the projectors.
mrlewistan is offline   Reply With Quote