follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 06-07-2021, 06:45 PM   #141
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I moved the external mic to the OEM location near the dome light and my wife said it’s way better now. Better than the OEM head unit. I simply pulled the little cover off, detached the OEM mic from the girl and then pushed the Teyes supplied mic into the girl and push it back into place.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 07:10 PM   #142
ymshulman

Drives: '17 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermax View Post
I moved the external mic to the OEM location near the dome light and my wife said it’s way better now. Better than the OEM head unit. I simply pulled the little cover off, detached the OEM mic from the girl and then pushed the Teyes supplied mic into the girl and push it back into place.

Cool! Did you have to wire it in a special way?
ymshulman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 07:15 PM   #143
ermax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymshulman View Post
Cool! Did you have to wire it in a special way?

I just pushed the OEM mic up into the hole and to the side (hopefully it doesn’t rattle) and then feed the new mic up the a-pillar and under the headliner. Pulled the dome light out so I could get my hand in there to grab the wire. The wiring to the OEM mic is untouched.
The Following User Says Thank You to ermax For This Useful Post:
ymshulman (06-07-2021)
Old 06-07-2021, 07:46 PM   #144
Butterballz

Drives: Black FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I didn’t get the ODB2 Dongle so mine doesn’t know my speed. I thought it was set to 200kph. 80mph is a bit ridiculous.
Same but I think it's using the GPS module for speed.
Butterballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 08:33 PM   #145
ermax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterballz View Post
Same but I think it's using the GPS module for speed.

Oh, I didn’t hook up the receiver on mine. I will eventually but wanted to put it on the windshield behind the mirror and didn’t feel like messing with it yet. I use CarPlay for navigation so it hasn’t been a priority.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:54 PM   #146
Rican_D

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Oh, I didn’t hook up the receiver on mine. I will eventually but wanted to put it on the windshield behind the mirror and didn’t feel like messing with it yet. I use CarPlay for navigation so it hasn’t been a priority.
I've always kept the GPS antenna inside the dash behind the HU. Never had signal issues

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Rican_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 07:55 PM   #147
Rican_D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterballz View Post
Did anyone figure out how to get rid of the speed warning when you're driving over 80mph? It scared the crap out of me the first time, now it's just annoying.
Nope, I've asked this question on XDA as well. There's no setting, I've reached out to Teyes about it, but no response.

Old 06-18-2021, 11:26 AM   #148
Rican_D

Got this message today

Old 06-18-2021, 12:17 PM   #149
ymshulman

Haha… so these messages come up in Russian, even when the system is set for English? Pretty funny.

Fingers crossed that this fixes the CarPlay call quality… If it does, I’m ordering one! @ermax, can you update us once you have this installed?

Pasting the changelog below, from here (doesn't mention anything about CarPlay call quality, although it does seem to be out of beta now... - and the rear camera as dash cam is super cool!)

And @Butterballz, it doesn't say anything about the GPS 80mph warning... Can you let us know if that can be addressed now?

BTW - does this unit come with an external mic? Or do you have to buy one separately?

___

CAM REC software, you can now record the rear camera view and save it to your designated USB flash drive.

TEYES YAHU, which is the world's first dedicated 3D music player app for car head units.Due to the complexity of the technology, TEYES YAHU will be released through TEYES software, and we will notify you to download it at that time! It is expected to be completed in July!

New setting option to set the screen brightness according to your local sunrise and sunset time.

Updated system software to solve the crash problem of users signing into Google Play in certain applications.

Updated voice control software, with added multiple new languages, and added human voice response in Korean language.

CAR LINK software, which supports wireless or wired Car Play and wired Android Auto connection.
●Please note that Car Play is only supported in the new batch CC3 devices produced in 2021. Whereas Android Auto is not restricted.
●It is advisable to use the original iPhone USB cable for connection when using wired Car Play.
●Please make sure that the Bluetooth is connected to the phone when using wireless Car Play.

Updated EQ software, added subwoofer phase switch, the volume and sound effects of the subwoofer synchronize with the device master volume.

A new layout theme of the main interface has been added, and the automatic switching between day and night modes has also been added.
●Now in the main interface, you can directly perform speed dialling, view driving data, compass, GPS-related information, and 4 main music sources can be switched with just a single touch button.
●Improved the picture-in-picture layout and increased the picture-in-picture display size.

Dark and light mode for local music player, local radio, TEYES Radio, Bluetooth phone, Bluetooth music, settings and drop-down menus.

New auto switch function that determines the dark or light mode by according to the vehicle headlight is turned on or off with seamless switching without any interruption to the running application.

Optimized the Bluetooth dial-up application, added pre-set cartoon avatar selection in favourite contacts, and enabled synchronize display from the main interface.

In addition to the new cartoon avatar, the Bluetooth underlying protocol has also been updated to support the synchronization of mobile phone contact avatars to the head unit display.

Ringtone one-key mute button in the caller ID. This feature can be helpful when you do not want to answer the phone, hang up, or be disturbed by the ringtone!

For users in the United States, now support the weather display temperature unit in Fahrenheit.

For users in South Korea, now supports human voice response without wake-up support, and adds T MAP as an application software that executes the "turn on navigation" command.

TEYES RADIO Internet radio station, which can play music quickly at anytime and anywhere, and added a private radio station. You can upload or share music by visiting mp3.teyes.ru.

The video tutorial of the steering wheel setting software has been added in multiple languages.

OTA automatic update function. In the future update, we will also provide two upgrade methods: manually download to update method and automatic update method via vehicle device internet connection.

Multi-finger gesture. For specific operation methods, please refer in the personal settings.

Single finger gesture to slide out the APP menu from the right side, and slide from the bottom to return to the previous level. This function is supported no matter what interface you are in!

Redesigned file manager UI

The control capability of TEYES RADIO with the main interface has been opened up. Tap on the play button directly on the main interface to play, and you can also now seamlessly switch between local music, Bluetooth music, and local FM directly. (The older version you must open TEYES RADIO in full screen first, in order to control playback on the main interface)

In order to ensure the 4 major audio sources widget on the main interface to runs smoothly, please allow these programs to run at background in advance. If you have manually ended these programs, you can still reopen and run Bluetooth music, TEYES Radio and music player audio sources through the main interface widget, except for local radio.

Allow users to remove software that cannot be uninstalled on the previous version, such as YANDEX, TEYES ONLINE, TEYES, TEYES OBD, etc. We leave the greatest extent of the choices to the users themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rican_D View Post
Got this message today

Last edited by ymshulman; 06-18-2021 at 01:09 PM.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:21 PM   #150
Rican_D

This is the first Android HU I've had with this much software support.

Old 06-18-2021, 10:43 PM   #151
ermax

I’ve been on this update for several days but have only done one call so far. My wife said she wasn’t echoing but she couldn’t hear me very well. It was raining really hard and you know how loud it can be in our cars while it’s raining. I’ll try to do some more test calls tomorrow and report back. So far the call quality issue hasn’t been a big deal for me so far because a single button press will close CarPlay and then transfers the call to a native BT call with great quality.

Another thing they added (maybe it was in the changelog) is multi touch gestures. So now you can two finger drag to adjust the volume. CarPlay also seems to connect faster and more consistently.

Yes the CC3 comes with an external mic.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ermax For This Useful Post:
Rican_D (06-19-2021), Spankopotomous (06-19-2021), ymshulman (06-19-2021)
Old 06-20-2021, 11:23 AM   #152
ymshulman

TEYES CC3 Android HU

Is there a reason they disable Google assistant on these headunits?

Also - can you just install it from the Play Store and set it as the default voice assistant?

Last edited by ymshulman; 06-20-2021 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-21-2021, 10:33 PM   #153
ymshulman

TEYES CC3 Android HU

Well. This isn’t very promising.

WhatsApp chat with one of the Teyes engineers about CarPlay call quality issues.

(The deleted message towards the top had said something like “we won’t be fixing it.”)

Attachment 1
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2021, 06:47 AM   #154
ermax

Hahaha, that’s a funny conversation.