follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 12-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #15
djliquidsteele

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tune is next on my list. Should br able to get it by the end of this year. Its a little loud on cold start, but quieted down after it warms up. It'd loud in the lower rpm and quieter in the upper rpm oddly enough. I imagine once it gets coated with exhaust soot it will be spittle more tame. Supercharger will def quiet it down.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
djliquidsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #16
djliquidsteele

Finally got the test pipe and overripe installed. Is it loud? When you get on the gas, yes! But it is exactly the sound I was looking for. Hopefully once it gets coated a little bit it will tone it down. I'm also hoping forced induction will tone it down. All that being said, cruising on the highway it seems a little bit toned down...quieter somehow. I'm pleased.

On another front, I just ordered my pump gas and e85 tunes from John Visconti. Can't wait to get that. Pretty excited to try the E85.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #17
Kilzod

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Nice car Keep up the good work. That dash overlay looks good
Kilzod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #18
Mishimoto

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by djliquidsteele View Post
Finally got the test pipe and overripe installed. Is it loud? When you get on the gas, yes! But it is exactly the sound I was looking for. Hopefully once it gets coated a little bit it will tone it down. I'm also hoping forced induction will tone it down. All that being said, cruising on the highway it seems a little bit toned down...quieter somehow. I'm pleased.

On another front, I just ordered my pump gas and e85 tunes from John Visconti. Can't wait to get that. Pretty excited to try the E85.
Looking forward to your results and opinions on the tune!
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #19
djliquidsteele

Was able to flash my car today. I still have about 1/4 tank of 93 and waiting on the E85 tune file still. It does feel faster. Enough to start putting my head in the seat a little. 93 tune is ok. What is almost worth it alone is the RaceRom traction control. SOOOOO much more fun to drive. Just hit the gas, point, and go. Can't wait to try E85. With all this said, even if its meh, this is just the groundwork for a supercharger down the road. Still having fun with this car.

I think I'm going to focus on suspension for a while now. I've decide on RCE springs with a bunch of whittling stuff and maybe some Koni Yellows down the road.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #20
Mishimoto

^ Good to hear.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #21
djliquidsteele

Seems the tun has settled in? Is that possible? It feels a bit faster today than it did yesterday. On thing I did notice today though. With the stock tun power would fall off around 7000 rpm. With the @Visconti tune, power pulls all the way to red line, even in second where it pulls to 8000.

What I want to know is why can't we make every gear go to 8000 or even 9000? What would it take to do that?

I should be able to fill with corn tomorrow. We'll see how it goes
Old 01-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #22
djliquidsteele

CORN IS GOOD!! Again, not OMG, but good. Another noticeable jump in performance. I don't know if this is indicative of all cars on E85, but it seems to run much smother.

On a down side, its been cold here and at work where I have to leave it in the cold, it bobbles a little to start but has not stalled on me yet. It does a little hunting and seeking on the RPMs until it warms up, but it's smooth as butter after that.

I have a Works drop in air filter coming so I'll data log with that, update my tunes and from there it will be all suspension to get read for some HDPE days this year.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #23
Mishimoto

Quote:
CORN IS GOOD!! Again, not OMG, but good. Another noticeable jump in performance. I don't know if this is indicative of all cars on E85, but it seems to run much smother.

On a down side, its been cold here and at work where I have to leave it in the cold, it bobbles a little to start but has not stalled on me yet. It does a little hunting and seeking on the RPMs until it warms up, but it's smooth as butter after that.

I have a Works drop in air filter coming so I'll data log with that, update my tunes and from there it will be all suspension to get read for some HDPE days this year.
Very cool! Hopefully the hunting idle works its way out. What kind of suspension setup do you have planned?
Old 01-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #24
ShoNUFF
Who's the BADDEST?

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited - Crystal Black
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Did you run the E85 on a 93 tune?

Supposedly people are getting 20-30whp from the E85+ tune.. i would think that would be more then mediocre??

SHO-NUFF!
ShoNUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #25
djliquidsteele

Nope. Got my E85 tune from @Visconti. I'm about to go top it off and go for a drive. It may just be that there was still too much 93 in there. Of course, it could also have something to do with 2.5" header back muffler delete and test pipe I have on there making it lose a little bit of power. I'm hoping with the drop in and a refreshed tune, it will pick up a little bit.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #26
djliquidsteele

Topping it off made a difference for sure. It has a ton more grunt on the low end. I still think my current exhaust setup is losing a bit of power, but its a supporting mod for a supercharger down the road.

As for suspension mods, first up will be a set of RCE Yellow springs and Whiteline camber bolts. From there, I'll probably start replacing rubber bushings with whiteline polyurethane. I guess after that, it will be Whiteline sway bars. I probably won't be able to get any wheels this year, so I'm probably just going to put some stickier 225's on the stock wheels for this season and see how that goes.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:33 PM   #27
djliquidsteele

Just an update. Ive never had a car that ran E85, so I had no idea in this area they back it down to E70. I'm guessing that's why I wasn't blown away by E85.

I also ordered all my suspension stuff today which includes RCE Springs and hollow sway bars, Whiteline front camber bolts, rear camber bushings, and rear cross member bushings. All I need now are some Michelin PSS, some Carbotech brakes, and some brake fluid and I am ready to hit the track. Pretty excited.