follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
bneale
Senior Member
 
bneale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: Scion FR-S
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 555
Thanks: 1
Thanked 58 Times in 37 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Forza 4 - Scion FR-S Spec Series

Hello Everyone,

I would like to invite all of you guys who are interested in Forza 4 to join our small group of friends and start racing the new Scion FR-S. We are planning on hosting a Spec series which right now consists of about 3 events. Everyone is welcome to join us including those who are new to Forza. We plan on making the car Spec for everyone, that way the beginners get a great starting point and everything is fair for everyone.

For those who have not added me to their friends list, please do so using "bneale" for my gamertag.

Let's get to the details

When:

Races are typically held at 9pm EST time / 6PM PST time during the middle of the week. We ask that you join us on Xbox live ahead of time so that we can work out the best schedule for everyone. But this is the best time for both west coast and east coast.

Who we are:

AERL aka Apex Endurance Racing League. The following people have shown interest so far:

bneale
Dragonjet
BigHairyApe
Rocket Hampsters
FearoftheFiat
Allch Chhar
636


The Series:

Right now I would like to try and race 3 tracks. Twin Ring Motegi, Silverstone Grand Prix, and Nurburgring GP. I raced each one of these tracks this morning with the FR-S I built and it was really fast. Quite good for only 15 minutes worth of tuning. The races will end up being about 1 hour in total length. We typically shoot for 1 hour race time or less. Just depends on the track itself.

EDIT: This is the series standings after race number 1. There is still 4 events left in the series.

Pole position: me aka bneale
Best finishing Amateur: Allch

1st place - me aka bneale - Leading the over all series with 11 points.
2nd place - Dragonjet - 8 points total
3rd place - Nihilation - 6 points
4th place - Allch - 6 points
5th place - Jackie Chan - 4 points
6th place - Dr.Vodka - 3 points



The Car - Current Build:

PI: 500 - B Class
Speed: 5.1
Handling: 6.4
Accel: 6.5
Launch: 5.2
Braking: 6.7

206HP
156 ft/lbs of tourque
2588 lbs

Sport Weight Reduction
Race Tires, 255 by 17's all around
Street Ignition
Race Brakes
Race Springs
Race Swaybars front and rear
Race Transmission
Race Differential
Race Rollcage
Street flywheel
Street driveline
Street clutch
Full C-West body kit plus Forza Rear Wing
Enkei RFP1 wheels

The body kit and wheels can be swapped with other kits and wheels of the same weight if you prefer a different look.

Those of you who are interested should join us tonight. We will be testing and tuning the FR-S to find the best setup overall. I think the setup I have right now is pretty stout but I've only had an hour or so to test it.

If you guys have any questions or are interested in joining (beginners are totally welcome) please feel free to post on here or ask me on Xbox live.

I will be online tonight from 9pm EST onward testing this car.

EDIT: I almost forgot to post this. We do have a few racing rules which we will be enforcing for this series. All of the rules have been established over years of Forza playing and seem to work well. I will be explaining the rules over xbox live in person. But if anyone feels they are unfair or just want to ask questions about them, I'm more then willing to listen to suggestions.

bneale
__________________

Last edited by bneale; 08-21-2012 at 01:45 PM.
bneale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bneale For This Useful Post:
Allch Chcar (08-07-2012), bestwheelbase (08-09-2012), ShoNUFF (12-28-2012)
Old 08-07-2012, 02:07 PM   #2
636
Senior Member
 
636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: Currently rebuilding.
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,639
Thanks: 1,238
Thanked 1,097 Times in 516 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I'm definitely in, my gamertag is STiEX. Only problem, I made the car exact to your specifications, but mine is coming out weighing 2,511 lbs, and is stuck at a PI of 501..any ideas? If I put the stock rear bumper on it lowers it to 500, but my weight drops to 2,508lbs.

So I just slapped some Enkei's on there to bring my weight up to 2,017lbs. I hope that one pound doesn't matter. If it bugs you that much, we can figure out what's going on tonight.

Quick little thing to add, if you want to change the wheels but keep the same weight, the only wheels with the same weight as the Volk TE37's are:

Compmotive CXR
Cragar Bonneville Series 391
Fikse Profil 5
Fikse Profil 5s
Konig Britelite
Mickey Thompson ET Drag
Rota J.SPL
Team Dynamics Pro Race 2
Wedsport SA-70
Weld Alumastar 2.0
Work XD9
__________________
Instagram: @adamstastny

Last edited by 636; 08-07-2012 at 02:29 PM.
636 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 636 For This Useful Post:
Allch Chcar (08-08-2012)
Old 08-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
bneale
Senior Member
 
bneale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: Scion FR-S
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 555
Thanks: 1
Thanked 58 Times in 37 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 636 View Post
I'm definitely in, my gamertag is STiEX. Only problem, I made the car exact to your specifications, but mine is coming out weighing 2,511 lbs, and is stuck at a PI of 501..any ideas? If I put the stock rear bumper on it lowers it to 500, but my weight drops to 2,508lbs.

So I just slapped some Enkei's on there to bring my weight up to 2,017lbs. I hope that one pound doesn't matter. If it bugs you that much, we can figure out what's going on tonight.

Quick little thing to add, if you want to change the wheels but keep the same weight, the only wheels with the same weight as the Volk TE37's are:

Compmotive CXR
Cragar Bonneville Series 391
Fikse Profil 5
Fikse Profil 5s
Konig Britelite
Mickey Thompson ET Drag
Rota J.SPL
Team Dynamics Pro Race 2
Wedsport SA-70
Weld Alumastar 2.0
Work XD9
Thanks for posting the wheel list. That will be helpful for others. Also, if you have not done so already, make sure you send me a friend request. I will accept it when I get home.

Can you check and see what clutch you put onto the car? I had the stock clutch to shave that 1 point of PI. Also maybe check your flywheel and driveline. Those should be stock also.

I posted my setup from memory (I'm at work right now). But Dragonjet should be around on Xbox live if you want help.

As you mentioned, the stock body parts will allow us to ditch about 4 more lbs. So we may switch this in the future. Right now we just need to test the car though.

bneale
__________________
bneale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #4
636
Senior Member
 
636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: Currently rebuilding.
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,639
Thanks: 1,238
Thanked 1,097 Times in 516 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I've got the clutch and flywheel stock, I'm still searching around for it, if worse comes to worse when you get on tonight, let's just run through the mods part by part and make sure we're equal! If you don't mind.

__________________
Instagram: @adamstastny
636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #5
Propaganda
Diamonds & Cadillacs
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: '13 fr-s, 1974 911s
Location: Internet
Posts: 392
Thanks: 162
Thanked 157 Times in 102 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Would be interested, but need to troubleshoot a hotel internet connection. lol.
Propaganda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #6
bneale
Senior Member
 
bneale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: Scion FR-S
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 555
Thanks: 1
Thanked 58 Times in 37 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propaganda View Post
Would be interested, but need to troubleshoot a hotel internet connection. lol.
Will you be at the Hotel long? We will probably target next week for the offical race date.

Hopefully your situation is only temporary. Add me to your flist though.

bneale
__________________
bneale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #7
bneale
Senior Member
 
bneale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: Scion FR-S
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 555
Thanks: 1
Thanked 58 Times in 37 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 636 View Post
I've got the clutch and flywheel stock, I'm still searching around for it, if worse comes to worse when you get on tonight, let's just run through the mods part by part and make sure we're equal! If you don't mind.

Could it be wheel width? Are you 255's all around?

I'm looking forward to driving the snot out of the FR-S tonight. I've already warned the girlfriend!

bneale
__________________
bneale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #8
636
Senior Member
 
636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: Currently rebuilding.
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,639
Thanks: 1,238
Thanked 1,097 Times in 516 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bneale View Post
Could it be wheel width? Are you 255's all around?

I'm looking forward to driving the snot out of the FR-S tonight. I've already warned the girlfriend!

bneale
Yup, I'm 255's all around.
__________________
Instagram: @adamstastny
636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
bneale
Senior Member
 
bneale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: Scion FR-S
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 555
Thanks: 1
Thanked 58 Times in 37 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 636 View Post
Yup, I'm 255's all around.
I'll go through the setup with you when I get home. For now just enjoy driving the car and work on setups for Nurburgring GP, Motegi Full, and Silverstone Grand Prix.

My setup works well for all 3 tracks but probably can use a bit of fine tuning. I can also help you if you're having a hard time adjusting the car.

bneale
__________________
bneale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #10
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod
 
M-17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Drives: BRZ
Location: MASSACHUSETTS
Posts: 5,529
Thanks: 11,956
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 148 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Definitely in for this.

Mind you I'm most likely going to be a novice compared to most of you. But this should be fun regardless if I don't ever come in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 5th.
__________________


Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:25 PM   #11
636
Senior Member
 
636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: Currently rebuilding.
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,639
Thanks: 1,238
Thanked 1,097 Times in 516 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bneale View Post
I'll go through the setup with you when I get home. For now just enjoy driving the car and work on setups for Nurburgring GP, Motegi Full, and Silverstone Grand Prix.

My setup works well for all 3 tracks but probably can use a bit of fine tuning. I can also help you if you're having a hard time adjusting the car.

bneale
I appreciate it man, let's run through the stuff tonight.


Quote:
Originally Posted by M-17 View Post
Definitely in for this.

Mind you I'm most likely going to be a novice compared to most of you. But this should be fun regardless if I don't ever come in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 5th.
Don't worry, I'm not much of a racer myself, more-so a drifter, so I'm sure I'll be bringing up the back of the pack with ya.

Meanwhile, I've been working on a vinyl-copy, just tweaked to my own liking of colors. I'm sure most of you can recognize this design scheme.
__________________
Instagram: @adamstastny
636 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 636 For This Useful Post:
Snoopyalien24 (08-07-2012)
Old 08-07-2012, 03:25 PM   #12
Propaganda
Diamonds & Cadillacs
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: '13 fr-s, 1974 911s
Location: Internet
Posts: 392
Thanks: 162
Thanked 157 Times in 102 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bneale View Post
Will you be at the Hotel long? We will probably target next week for the offical race date.

Hopefully your situation is only temporary. Add me to your flist though.

bneale

Yep, I'll be there till late December...

Saw your other post, and I did not know that. I'll see if I can work something out, but if I can't, I won't join you guys for the races; I don't want to compromise it, haha. If anything, I'd just use live to get downloadable content and keep my games current

Propaganda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #13
bneale
Senior Member
 
bneale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: Scion FR-S
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 555
Thanks: 1
Thanked 58 Times in 37 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-17 View Post
Definitely in for this.

Mind you I'm most likely going to be a novice compared to most of you. But this should be fun regardless if I don't ever come in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 5th.
This is exactly why I want to get lots of people to join. The hope is we will have players of all skill levels.

Spec Racing is the most fair way to race in Forza and also allows for new players to learn from the regular players. I personally will help anyone who feels they need it. I can tell you now, some of us will be really fast. But I promise to show my race craft to anyone who wants to learn.

Spec racing is also the most fair racing method because it rewards the people who practice and actually try.

bneale
__________________
bneale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #14
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod
 
M-17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Drives: BRZ
Location: MASSACHUSETTS
Posts: 5,529
Thanks: 11,956
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 148 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 636 View Post
Don't worry, I'm not much of a racer myself, more-so a drifter, so I'm sure I'll be bringing up the back of the pack with ya.

Meanwhile, I've been working on a vinyl-copy, just tweaked to my own liking of colors. I'm sure most of you can recognize this design scheme.
Ha, good to know I won't be alone. And your pic just makes me want to skip the gym tonight and work on the FRS design only. :happy0180:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneale View Post
This is exactly why I want to get lots of people to join. The hope is we will have players of all skill levels.

Spec Racing is the most fair way to race in Forza and also allows for new players to learn from the regular players. I personally will help anyone who feels they need it. I can tell you now, some of us will be really fast. But I promise to show my race craft to anyone who wants to learn.

Spec racing is also the most fair racing method because it rewards the people who practice and actually try.

bneale
Good to know, I never thought I would need driving lessons in Forza, but I'm open to it.
__________________


Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scion FR-S Release Series 1.0 CSOCSO Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 26 04-16-2014 07:16 PM
Forza 4 WingsofWar Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 142 10-21-2012 09:45 PM
Will Forza 4 get the FR-S and/or BRZ? cassidy0998 Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 52 08-01-2012 07:56 PM
Enjuku Racing - HKS Hi-Power Spec-L Exhaust System - Scion FR-S / Subaru BR-Z Enjuku Racing Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons 0 07-20-2012 12:10 PM
GT5 vs Forza 4 Dragonitti Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 600 03-14-2012 03:11 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.