follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 04-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #29
Hanakuso

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by denkigrve View Post
Wait so the lack of a piece of carpet on the trunk lid is a deal breaker? Some people have strange priorities...
LOL
Hanakuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #30
mattles
Proud of FR Layout

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
...wat?
mattles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #31
Duff_man

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Waiting for this car for such a long time has made a couple people go crazy, it's probably because people have very high expectations into this car and when something is not perfect, it becomes the worst car ever made.

I could not careless about having or not a trunk liner, if you are worried remember that you have the backseat making a nice sound barrier between you and the inside of your trunk.
Duff_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #32
Mango22
Winter is Coming

Drives: GBS BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want.FR-S View Post
I wonder how much the parts and associated screws will be. if that is not too much, I would just buy it and cover it off myself.

I seriously doubt it will be just 5 dollars.
If you buy the one from the subaru dealership, expect to pay more than $5. I remember when I got my 135i and it didn't have a hood liner since BMW had stopped putting them under the hoods. The dealership paid for mine so I would buy the car, but the price i saw was around $350 for the hood liner. So I would suspect the trunk hood liner to be around $100 or so... You can install it yourself in 5 minutes. The screws are usually plastic pop-in type. And yes I know the BMW part cost was probably more expensive than a Subaru part cost. Just estimating.

And it's not a deal breaker, you just get them to pick up the cost. Its called negotiating.
Mango22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #33
denkigrve
Random Internet dad

Drives: 2013 FRS and 2010 Mini Cooper
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Garage
Wait... so I'm still stuck on this. A piece of carpet in the lid of the trunk? You think that's going to cause a ton of road noise? Have you not seen the engine bay of the car yet? Do you not know that the only thing between the wheel well and the engine bay is basically plastic? You're going to hear more road noise from that than a piece of carpet in your trunk lid. Here's a photo for reference. See the ribbed plastic under the strut tower? That's all that's between your engine bay and the wheel. You're gonna hear every little thing that's going on in the well:

So many people are trying to make this out to be some luxury sports car. It's not, nor will it be. It's been designed to be a budget lightweight motorsports platform. I have a feeling we're gonna see a lot of these for sale when all the "luxury" folks realize that this isn't what they wanted.
denkigrve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #34
ft86Fan

Drives: FR-S, Exige S, Miata
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Like some have said, I didn't notice it until I read this thread. Doesn't bother me at all. Come to think of it, if given the option, I'll probably choose not to have it.
ft86Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #35
denkigrve
Random Internet dad

Drives: 2013 FRS and 2010 Mini Cooper
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ft86Fan View Post
Like some have said, I didn't notice it until I read this thread. Doesn't bother me at all. Come to think of it, if given the option, I'll probably choose not to have it.
What's the dude in the passenger side of the car in your avatar doing? Is he handcuffed? It seems like your avatar shows you can fit wheels, bags, and kidnap someone all in the same car!
denkigrve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #36
ft86Fan

Drives: FR-S, Exige S, Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by denkigrve View Post
What's the dude in the passenger side of the car in your avatar doing? Is he handcuffed? It seems like your avatar shows you can fit wheels, bags, and kidnap someone all in the same car!
Haha. Haven't noticed it until you mentioned it. Maybe the car comes with a sex slave?
ft86Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #37
Want.FR-S

Drives: 4 Wheels Auto
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango22 View Post
If you buy the one from the subaru dealership, expect to pay more than $5. I remember when I got my 135i and it didn't have a hood liner since BMW had stopped putting them under the hoods. The dealership paid for mine so I would buy the car, but the price i saw was around $350 for the hood liner. So I would suspect the trunk hood liner to be around $100 or so... You can install it yourself in 5 minutes. The screws are usually plastic pop-in type. And yes I know the BMW part cost was probably more expensive than a Subaru part cost. Just estimating.

And it's not a deal breaker, you just get them to pick up the cost. Its called negotiating.
The $5 dollars was from some earlier posts saying Scion was trying to save $5 bucks from not putting the liner. Of course if they list this as a part kit, it would never be $5 dollars to us, the consumers.

Having said that, I cannot remember from all the cars I have/had have the liner. All my current cars have the liners, so I would expect the new ones should have it. However, it seems that the new cars coming out may or may not have this liner, whether it be luxury brand like BMW or Subaru/Scion.
Want.FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #38
Want.FR-S

Drives: 4 Wheels Auto
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ft86Fan View Post
Haha. Haven't noticed it until you mentioned it. Maybe the car comes with a sex slave?
And they drive with no legs!! Must be the hand controlled cars.

Question to the dealer: Where is my JDM sex slave for this beautiful FR-S/BRZ?
Want.FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Want.FR-S For This Useful Post:
denkigrve (04-20-2012)
Old 04-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #39
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ME0 View Post
For those of you who are curious what it looks like.

Looks to be a pretty minimalist liner but definitely still way better than bare. I"m guessing the stealership will charge like $50-$60 for it plus the 4-6 $2 clips so quick rounding math I'm going to guess close to $100 out the door! Just my guess
I would order the part from Subaru and put it in myself. It definitely needs it, if you life the put the rear seats down.
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:39 PM   #40
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want.FR-S View Post
The $5 dollars was from some earlier posts saying Scion was trying to save $5 bucks from not putting the liner. Of course if they list this as a part kit, it would never be $5 dollars to us, the consumers.

Having said that, I cannot remember from all the cars I have/had have the liner. All my current cars have the liners, so I would expect the new ones should have it. However, it seems that the new cars coming out may or may not have this liner, whether it be luxury brand like BMW or Subaru/Scion.
Every car (coupe and convertible) that I have ever owned had this liner. Every car that is over $20k has this liner...but I could be wrong...Oh wait I am..the FRS does not have it.

And Its only coupe and sedans that need this liner....Hey it's a cheap part that you can order from Subaru....It's not a deal breaker...
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #41
mattles
Proud of FR Layout

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Hah, you have never owned a mazda miata, eh? No bs 'trunk liner' on that car. Its sexy as fuck seeing the lightweight structure of the boot lid.

mattles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:05 PM   #42
SpeedR
First86 / boat thief

Drives: MKIV Supra
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattles View Post
Hah, you have never owned a mazda miata, eh? No bs 'trunk liner' on that car. Its sexy as fuck seeing the lightweight structure of the boot lid.

LOL very nice
SpeedR is offline   Reply With Quote