follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 05-24-2019, 12:14 PM   #1947
dnylu

Drives: 13 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hello!

New here, was looking into lightly modding my 13 BRZ, and was wondering if anyone had an OFT they were looking to sell!

Let me know, thanks!
dnylu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 11:29 PM   #1948
Gutterboy

Drives: 2013 frs; 1988 porsche 944s - > 948
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnylu View Post
Hello!

New here, was looking into lightly modding my 13 BRZ, and was wondering if anyone had an OFT they were looking to sell!

Let me know, thanks!
Canada classifieds on this forum just had a v1 listed for sale. Try that guy/girl.

Great place to start especially once you change that dreaded overpipe in your exhaust. Those two are your best first starting mods to enjoy extra hp/torque
Gutterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:10 AM   #1949
localhost

Drives: Edelbrock SC 2015 FR-S 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutterboy View Post
Canada classifieds on this forum just had a v1 listed for sale. Try that guy/girl.

Great place to start especially once you change that dreaded overpipe in your exhaust. Those two are your best first starting mods to enjoy extra hp/torque
Wait overpipe really? I thought the best mods for this platform was the OFT + catless header. Am I missing something?

I'm all for gains so if an overpipe will net me a few more HP, I'm down.
localhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 12:47 PM   #1950
Gutterboy

best bang for buck upgrades

there's a guy who is selling an OFT locally in calgary. have a look.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true

definitely start with the OFT. catless header is definitely a big jump with the OFT but your next choke is the tiny overpipe underneath its retardedly huge heat shields to get over the axle. THIS THING NEEDS TO GO! It's the next biggest culprit on torque dip on factory. Without getting rid of this you'll only get 75% to 85% there with the only way to get to the 85% portion is with OFT and using the highest octane fuel. I recommend staying with 94 all the time to ensure you don't pull an IAM less than 1 as agressive ignition timing and heavy fuel mapping will do wonders in combo with the header.

Header is good, but i'd definitely start with the tune and watch it come to life with the bolt ons and appropriate tune.

I'd save the catless header money to make the next biggest jump which is a turbo, of which again on bang for buck i am really partial to the DIY on the SBD turbo package with a catch can. However, one way to graduate to this is to do the catless header and then do the turbo and take a rebate when you post the header on the classifieds forum here. I sold my tomei UEL within two weeks to a guy in toronto as a rebate to my turbo project making the hit on the wallet quite a bit less over time. BTW that guy loved that header and so did i.

anyways definitely get rid of your overpipe, it's a big achilles heel for sure on torque dip and once you go to boost everything has to go up to 3" pretty much and that overpipe is the first biggest restriction in terms of flow issues.

Between boost, overpipe, catless exhaust and decent rubber i've got plenty of grin on my daily and mine's just got the old SBD350 not the SBD500.

ok i'm done rambling, back to watching the rain and other wife projects....

Last edited by Gutterboy; 06-23-2019 at 10:43 PM. Reason: had some errors in first write of this after reflecting on my evolutionary build
Old 06-29-2019, 09:51 PM   #1951
Baloo

Drives: 2015 BRZ Series Blue (White)
I am selling OFT v1, JDL UEL Catless Headers and the JDL Combo overpipe/front pipe (catted & resonated). OFT really wakes up the midrange on the car above all else. Loved all of these parts on the car and it sounded amazing with the Invidia Q300 catback (not currently selling the catback unless buyer has a stock exhaust and some space to swap it out). Have been starting to take parts off the car in preparation to sell it. All of the parts and the car are listed on Kijiji.

Let me know if any of you local folks are looking for the parts or the car. I am really hoping not to have to ship things.
Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 08:12 PM   #1952
Baloo

Quick update, the exhaust and OFT did sell. Only thing left are the Advan RSII wheels and the car itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
I am selling OFT v1, JDL UEL Catless Headers and the JDL Combo overpipe/front pipe (catted & resonated). OFT really wakes up the midrange on the car above all else. Loved all of these parts on the car and it sounded amazing with the Invidia Q300 catback (not currently selling the catback unless buyer has a stock exhaust and some space to swap it out). Have been starting to take parts off the car in preparation to sell it. All of the parts and the car are listed on Kijiji.

Let me know if any of you local folks are looking for the parts or the car. I am really hoping not to have to ship things.
Old 07-09-2019, 03:20 PM   #1953
dnylu

Drives: 13 BRZ
Quote:
Quick update, the exhaust and OFT did sell. Only thing left are the Advan RSII wheels and the car itself.
Still got the combo overpipe?
dnylu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 04:34 PM   #1954
Baloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnylu View Post
Still got the combo overpipe?
No it went to a guy that bought the manifold, combo pipe and tuner.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:41 PM   #1955
JBABSTER

Drives: 2015 Scion FRS
Does anyone have a grimspeed intake they're looking to sell?
JBABSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 09:25 PM   #1956
matthman2

Drives: 100% Stock Deep Blue 2013 FRS
Anyone got a FRS/BRZ/86 for sale?

So as the tittle says I am looking to buy a FRS BRZ or 86. My budget is around $13500 so probably wont be getting into a 86 but if anyone has anything around that please let me know. Looking for manual only.

If I am unable to secure something I will be purchasing a 2013 FRS with 90000km in blue, but hopefully you guys can either point me in a better direction or happen to have something no longer wanted within my price range.

Unrelated I have so far taken 2 FRS's home from dealerships and so far one leaked about 1L of oil onto my driveway, when I brought it back to the dealership and the mechanic had a look and called me later and told me it was a faulty seal on the oil filter but I don't believe that because this was the second time I had driven it and the first time no oil whatsoever and then I went back the next day and that's when it leaked. The oil was mostly around the oil filter in the engine bay but i did not see any oil on the filter itself.

Second one I took home also lost its oil on my driveway as well, only about .5L but that one the seemed to be leaking from the bottom of the engine as well as it was making a higher pitch noise which leads me to believe it had lower bearing issues but normally I'm not a Subaru engine guy so that just my best guess.

I was kind of wondering if this could have been due to me somehow as I have only recently learned to drive a manual and am not very experienced, I did drive the cars hard but did not stall or burn the clutch (atleast before the cars lost their oil) Again any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the read and hopefully I can find myself a new car!
matthman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:45 AM   #1957
sygfrid
FT8Syg

Drives: `12 FRS & `17 BRZ Inazuma
Garage
Nope, they shouldn't be leaking. Try to avoid 2013's since a lot from this batch have valve spring recalls. If you decide to buy from 2013, double check if it's part of the batch. Get the VIN # & check on Toyota's website.
Modding for daily fun & efficiency: Gruppe-S UEL, HKS dual res. FP, STi Per. Muffler, Delicious T. Ecutek tune, Crawford BPB, Grimmspeed CAI, STi Flex T. Bar, TRD Door Stabilizer, DSS aluminum propeller shaft, Verus diffuser & underbody covers, Verus LCA, Perrin bushings, Bilstein B6+RCE Yellows, Michelin PS4S + 18" WedsSport TC105X-summer, Michelin Alpin PA4 +18" Motegi MR140-winter
sygfrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 11:51 AM   #1958
Gutterboy

Valve springs on 2013's

I've got a blue 2013 and have been running boost for 4 years and 0 engine issues. Valve spring issue is a rare but possible issue but there's been more issues with people trying to get it fixed by dealers in NA that just don't know how to work on this engine.

I will definitely never look at getting this recall addressed since car works completely fine under much more aggressive conditions under FI vs NA with said "failing valve springs". Not saying it cant happen with identified issue but if it hasn't broke I don't fix it, especially with so many horror stories of destroyed engines two weeks after factory recall rebuild of valve springs.

If fresh into buying then yes might as well avoid 2013 for convenience of never possibly running into the remote chance of the valve spring issue.
Old 07-05-2020, 12:15 PM   #1959
Gutterboy

E85 tunes

anyone running this with G&B fuels selling E85?

once i'm done tuning my car for the advent of my boost controller and get some of the bugs sorted with its settings and bringing timing back in without knock, might get bored and try this avenue with an e85 tune from shiv.

just curious if any other FI people have crossed this bridge...
Old 09-07-2020, 06:12 PM   #1960
frak

Drives: BRZ
Quote:

Are you still selling? Pm price

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
frak is offline   Reply With Quote