follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1, MisterSheep, Sarlacc

Old 08-14-2023, 10:19 AM   #4537
Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT, 2017 BMW X1
Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,205 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Between my PC and Nintendo Switch....and even further back with my Wii-U and Wii....i've got way too many games in my back-catalogue that i really need to play or finish (a large chunk of them are played through and stopped at a certain point and a bunch i havent even started yet lol).....

I just picked up the Quake collection recently because Quakecon sale and it was awesome back in the day. I never really played 1 all that much but 2 and 3 were great. Wanted to play 4 because...story, and dont really need to other spinoff type games but whatever lol.
Sasquachulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 11:04 AM   #4538
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,157 Times in 1,995 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
I just ordered Rockband 2 and 3 for my Wii lol. Nothing better than trying to play G.H or RB while being pretty wasted during a home party.
Dadhawk (08-14-2023)
Old 08-14-2023, 11:22 AM   #4539
Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT, 2017 BMW X1
Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,205 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
I just ordered Rockband 2 and 3 for my Wii lol. Nothing better than trying to play G.H or RB while being pretty wasted during a home party.
I introduced my 2 year old to AC/DC not too long ago and every now and then he wants to bang on my guitar hero drums and guitar hero instruments to some of the songs lol.

Im just waiting for him to grow up enough to not be just completely toddler random at it and then we can get some rockband/guitar hero going in the household lol.
Sasquachulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 11:23 AM   #4540
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,895 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Anyone playing Baldur's Gate 3?
I've been switching between my PC and Steam Deck playing it and it's one of the best games I've played in a very very long time.
Yoshoobaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 09:03 PM   #4541
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
aaaarrrrgggg.

computer issues.

a computer i built about 2-3 years ago for an organization is having issues. it's specifically for running power point presentations on multiple screens.

currently, it just simply won't boot into windows 10. says the windows files are corrupt. it will boot into the recovery app, but then trying any option fails to complete and throws error codes.

any anyone know any other recovery options?

it's the first pc i built with an adata m.2 ssd. the previous build i did for them, i had dual platter hard drives in a raid 1, so any hard drive failure could be recovered from, just with an error warning on the screen. of course, this time i put my trust in an ssd not going bad so quickly...

for now, i ordered 2 samsung evo m.2's, i'm hoping to be able to setup in a raid 1 this time around. also ordered an m.2-to-usb adapter-- i'm hoping i can at least get into the old ssd enough to pull most of the files, and get an idea of the programs i need to reinstall...
Old 08-18-2023, 08:56 AM   #4542
cjd

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Thanked 2,928 Times in 1,714 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
aaaarrrrgggg.

computer issues.

a computer i built about 2-3 years ago for an organization is having issues. it's specifically for running power point presentations on multiple screens.

currently, it just simply won't boot into windows 10. says the windows files are corrupt. it will boot into the recovery app, but then trying any option fails to complete and throws error codes.

it's the first pc i built with an adata m.2 ssd. the previous build i did for them, i had dual platter hard drives in a raid 1, so any hard drive failure could be recovered from, just with an error warning on the screen. of course, this time i put my trust in an ssd not going bad so quickly...

for now, i ordered 2 samsung evo m.2's, i'm hoping to be able to setup in a raid 1 this time around. also ordered an m.2-to-usb adapter-- i'm hoping i can at least get into the old ssd enough to pull most of the files, and get an idea of the programs i need to reinstall...
You might be able to boot to clonezilla and clone the drive, the recover on the new one. Good luck!
Old 08-18-2023, 03:42 PM   #4543
elBarto

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
aaaarrrrgggg.

computer issues.

I use an USB stick with a linux distro installed. If I just want to look at the files I use a live LinuxMint install. If I need to copy files I use my USB with MXlinux installation (you can install this on a USB with a persistent option).

As long as the hard drive hasn't been encrypted you just click on the drive in the file explorer and you can access and copy over the necessary files
Linux doesn't care if there's a Windows password being used.
I can open the Documents folder, "Program files" folder and more and watch the full contents. That's something you can't do with a different Windows install.
Old 08-20-2023, 05:38 PM   #4544
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,589 Times in 2,931 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Looks like they are bringing an OG back. I remember playing the original so most kids these days won't even know this is a remake. Looks like it's gonna be taking the cliché Battlefield/COD approach, but time will tell.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 10:25 PM   #4545
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
You might be able to boot to clonezilla and clone the drive, the recover on the new one. Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elBarto View Post
I use an USB stick with a linux distro installed. If I just want to look at the files I use a live LinuxMint install. If I need to copy files I use my USB with MXlinux installation (you can install this on a USB with a persistent option).

As long as the hard drive hasn't been encrypted you just click on the drive in the file explorer and you can access and copy over the necessary files
Linux doesn't care if there's a Windows password being used.
I can open the Documents folder, "Program files" folder and more and watch the full contents. That's something you can't do with a different Windows install.

thanks for the help, i just decided to start fresh. while i like the idea of clonezilla, and started downloading it, i realized that i can't trust the clone to not have obscure data corruption due to the apparently-failing ssd. i feel my main failure point here is microsofts 'automated repair tools'--my only option is the automated process, instead of a sector replacement. their previous dumber tools generally did better at data repair. so even if i had copied the drive contents, the repair would likely still fail due to the 'intelligence' involved in the software running the repair.

i've now got 2 samsung m.2's, which ought to be a little more reliable, setup in a raid1 configuration, and am ordering some additional m.2 heatsinking to try to further mitigate future issues. at the very least, i'm distributing my failure modes across 2 drives, the likelyhood of both drives failing at the same time being close to zero, barring a major power event/mb failure, at which point i've got larger issues anyways.

for now, i'm copying what i can off the old ssd, and then laying it to rest in the spare parts bin.
cjd (08-21-2023), Dadhawk (08-21-2023), elBarto (08-22-2023)
Old 08-26-2023, 11:50 PM   #4546
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Drives: Red Herring
Thanked 9,355 Times in 4,131 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
My impression is that the game has lost some of the character that made the STALKER series. Yes, I will get it eventually, but I think it has been pushed a little in the direction of "been done before".

Captain Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 02:24 PM   #4547
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,157 Times in 1,995 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
I really want to jump on the Starfield hype train. But being a Bethesda game, I simply don't know.
Dadhawk (08-29-2023), Jdmjunkie (08-29-2023), MyHybridBurnsGasAndTires (08-30-2023), soundman98 (08-29-2023)
Old 08-29-2023, 08:48 PM   #4548
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
I really want to jump on the Starfield hype train. But being a Bethesda game, I simply don't know.
It's too late for me. I'm preloading now getting ready to start in 47 hours 12 minutes time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Snooze For This Useful Post:
spcmafia (08-30-2023)
Old 08-29-2023, 08:50 PM   #4549
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

47 hours 10 minutes to go.