follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2015, 11:18 AM   #1
OkieSnuffBox
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Drives: It has 4 wheels
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 861
Thanks: 173
Thanked 489 Times in 271 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
18x9.5 ET38 RPF-1 BBK clearance

Does anyone know if these will clear the Essex spring kit? I was hoping since the 17x9 ET 35 did, these would as well.


Can anyone confirm fitment?
OkieSnuffBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:53 AM   #2
OkieSnuffBox
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Drives: It has 4 wheels
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 861
Thanks: 173
Thanked 489 Times in 271 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
They do, found this post searching in a different thread. I wish they would list it on their web site!


http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=102
OkieSnuffBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:10 PM   #3
FR-Shred
Senior Member
 
FR-Shred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Drives: FR-S
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 282
Thanks: 56
Thanked 68 Times in 43 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Old thread but anyone know if +45 offset on 18x9.5 rpf1s will work with a wilwood 6 piston set? I saw the AP kit fit with +38 and that AP is a lot bigger than wilwood.
I also know a 17x7+42 set fits on the wilwood set.


If anyone has the +38 rpf1s could measure the space with their wilwood set for me that would be cool. Someone wants to trade me and his are +45.
__________________
FR-Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:25 PM   #4
Estey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: Scion FR-S, Ultramarine
Location: Socal
Posts: 390
Thanks: 48
Thanked 100 Times in 79 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Shred View Post
Old thread but anyone know if +45 offset on 18x9.5 rpf1s will work with a wilwood 6 piston set? I saw the AP kit fit with +38 and that AP is a lot bigger than wilwood.
I also know a 17x7+42 set fits on the wilwood set.


If anyone has the +38 rpf1s could measure the space with their wilwood set for me that would be cool. Someone wants to trade me and his are +45.
Found this from RR-Racing's BBK thread:
"Stage II will require a spacer to fit with RPF1's 18x9.5et38. RPF1's are a great wheel, but they have very poor caliper clearance. Enkei PF01's are much better for caliper clearance. Stage I's should fit your RPF1s, but please verify with the template."

It just depends on the type of caliper you're buying, because wilwood has the narrow superlites, and suplerlites which are wider and hold thicker pads

& heres their wheel template for their kit with the regular superlites:
http://www.rr-racing.com/v/vspfiles/...tageII-BBK.pdf
Estey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:44 PM   #5
FR-Shred
Senior Member
 
FR-Shred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Drives: FR-S
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 282
Thanks: 56
Thanked 68 Times in 43 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estey View Post
Found this from RR-Racing's BBK thread:
"Stage II will require a spacer to fit with RPF1's 18x9.5et38. RPF1's are a great wheel, but they have very poor caliper clearance. Enkei PF01's are much better for caliper clearance. Stage I's should fit your RPF1s, but please verify with the template."

It just depends on the type of caliper you're buying, because wilwood has the narrow superlites, and suplerlites which are wider and hold thicker pads

& heres their wheel template for their kit with the regular superlites:
http://www.rr-racing.com/v/vspfiles/...tageII-BBK.pdf
I wouldn't mind the narrow superlites, I don't see pad wear being an issue for me. Maybe I'll see if the guy wanting to trade me wheels can check with a template for me. +45 I'm not too worried about fitting on the car just worried about the BBK. I don't have the BBK yet just in the beginning stages of a swap, part out starts next weekend of my current build, and with the added weight and power I'll be needing the added braking power with a BBK for it.
I guess I could always trade the guy wheels and if when I put the BBK on it doesn't fit I could grab spacers for the front..
__________________
FR-Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:07 PM   #6
Estey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: Scion FR-S, Ultramarine
Location: Socal
Posts: 390
Thanks: 48
Thanked 100 Times in 79 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Shred View Post
I wouldn't mind the narrow superlites, I don't see pad wear being an issue for me. Maybe I'll see if the guy wanting to trade me wheels can check with a template for me. +45 I'm not too worried about fitting on the car just worried about the BBK. I don't have the BBK yet just in the beginning stages of a swap, part out starts next weekend of my current build, and with the added weight and power I'll be needing the added braking power with a BBK for it.
I guess I could always trade the guy wheels and if when I put the BBK on it doesn't fit I could grab spacers for the front..
Yeah I have the same spec WedsSport SA-10R's and they fit perfectly. I dont think you would have any clearance issues, but you should definitely have the guy check with the superlite template to know for sure. http://www.rr-racing.com/v/vspfiles/...StageI-BBK.pdf
Estey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 10:25 PM   #7
FR-Shred
Senior Member
 
FR-Shred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Drives: FR-S
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 282
Thanks: 56
Thanked 68 Times in 43 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estey View Post
Yeah I have the same spec WedsSport SA-10R's and they fit perfectly. I dont think you would have any clearance issues, but you should definitely have the guy check with the superlite template to know for sure. http://www.rr-racing.com/v/vspfiles/...StageI-BBK.pdf
+45 offset? 9.5"? And the narrow super lights?!

How much room do you have? If you could snap a picture that would be awesome too.. I may just trade the guy. Let's see.
__________________
FR-Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:55 AM   #8
Estey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: Scion FR-S, Ultramarine
Location: Socal
Posts: 390
Thanks: 48
Thanked 100 Times in 79 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Shred View Post
+45 offset? 9.5"? And the narrow super lights?!

How much room do you have? If you could snap a picture that would be awesome too.. I may just trade the guy. Let's see.
I have the same spec wheels but no bbk yet haha, sorry man

But the issue with rpf1's is that their spokes are more recessed, which is why people might have issues fitting some big brakes. My weds sports are super concave so I'm not worried about clearance issues when I upgrade to big brakes.
Estey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:57 PM   #9
FR-Shred
Senior Member
 
FR-Shred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Drives: FR-S
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 282
Thanks: 56
Thanked 68 Times in 43 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Ft86speedfactory actually took the template to the wheels and tested them for me. They didn't have the +45 in stock on that size but said there's a bit of room on the +38s so guessing the 7mm extra should fit.
__________________
FR-Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
18x9.5 e45 - 255/35/18 Tires - Front Strut Clearance Kuri Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack 4 12-12-2014 11:30 PM
SOLD - FS: Rays 57DR wheels 18x8.5 ET38 (SoCal) bino Wheels and Tires 5 04-03-2014 02:36 PM
17s & BBK clearance ultra Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack 0 02-04-2014 05:53 AM
Blow out Sale on Enkei RPF1 18x9.5 5x100 et38 Tony Angelo Edition @ Prime Motoring! PrimeMotoring Wheels and Tires 1 01-11-2014 10:59 PM
SOLD! FS: Tom's TN06 18x7.5 ET38 5x100 (SoCal) bino Wheels and Tires 7 06-07-2013 10:19 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.