follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
RR Racing
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Subaru BRZ > Subaru BRZ General Forum

Subaru BRZ General Forum All discussions about the Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List
Crosscharge, go_a_way1, MisterSheep, poudre

Old 10-22-2020, 03:04 PM   #18775
Dzmitry

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ Limited with PP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitopo View Post
I believe lowering springs and front lip compromise ride height and clearance on speed bumps.
Should have no issues with speed bumps. Stock ground clearance is 4.9" on the tS which comes with STI lowering springs and front lip. Not exactly sure how that's true as the stock BRZ comes with the same ground clearance. But the lip doesn't actually do much lowering, as the bottom of it aligns with the bottom of the skid plate. STI springs only lower the car about 10mm. So you're still looking at over 4" ground clearance likely.
Dzmitry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:37 AM   #18776
nikitopo

Drives: '12 Forester, '14 BRZ, '20 BRZ
Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,037 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzmitry View Post
Should have no issues with speed bumps. Stock ground clearance is 4.9" on the tS which comes with STI lowering springs and front lip. Not exactly sure how that's true as the stock BRZ comes with the same ground clearance. But the lip doesn't actually do much lowering, as the bottom of it aligns with the bottom of the skid plate. STI springs only lower the car about 10mm. So you're still looking at over 4" ground clearance likely.
As you said the ground clearance is measured in a different area. Not in the front area. Well, check how many members scrapped their STI lip. It depends also on specific roads or if you have to get in or out a garage ramp. I suppose most issues come not with the tS springs, but with more aggressive lowering springs. The tS springs as you said lower the car only 10mm, which is very minimal for most of user tastes.
nikitopo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nikitopo For This Useful Post:
Dzmitry (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:14 AM   #18777
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 2,458 Times in 1,416 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitopo View Post
As you said the ground clearance is measured in a different area. Not in the front area. Well, check how many members scrapped their STI lip. It depends also on specific roads or if you have to get in or out a garage ramp. I suppose most issues come not with the tS springs, but with more aggressive lowering springs. The tS springs as you said lower the car only 10mm, which is very minimal for most of user tastes.
Are STI springs something you're considering? I know you mentioned an OEM+ build. I personally see the STI lip as a guard, too. Sure it scrapes, but it doesn't scrape the actual bumper so in the end, I don't mind. Plus the lip is easier to sand and buff.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM   #18778
nikitopo

Drives: '12 Forester, '14 BRZ, '20 BRZ
Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,037 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
Are STI springs something you're considering? I know you mentioned an OEM+ build. I personally see the STI lip as a guard, too. Sure it scrapes, but it doesn't scrape the actual bumper so in the end, I don't mind. Plus the lip is easier to sand and buff.
I have the STI springs in my old car, but again the lowering was mild in the range of 15mm. I am done with mods .. I have to worry about other things currently.
nikitopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:08 PM   #18779
Dzmitry

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ Limited with PP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
Yes, I actually find this quite useful. I have the HT Autos front lip which is even more aggressive but I have not experienced any problems with it for the most part when it comes to scraping. But the two or three times I've bumped into the parking guard in front of me or scraped, the lip has helped keep the front bumper from getting damaged. The HT Autos lip is a little more of a rugged design though, which I like for exactly that reason, as it still looks brand new. The STI lip has more of a gloss to it, so scraping it would probably make the damage more prominent.
Dzmitry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:48 PM   #18780
JD001

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,307 Times in 2,504 Posts
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
Not that my car will ever see snow but, after last year's fiasco with trying to boost start the wife's car with my tS I thought I'd better be ready.
I found a used set of forged TRD wheels off of a FR-S Release Series 2.0 with snows already mounted. The clear coat is coming off but they look good from a distance.
Anyway, they're more for protection of the summers than actual winter use.
Autumn is such a wonderful season.. So colourful..
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
+20 hp, :popcorn:, bragging because we can, brz driving master race, brz whore, damn daniel, dirty frs peasants, fart can, how to waste energy, how to waste money, how to waste time, i like turtles, lazy mods, many tagz, omg pages are fixed…, outlawstar98isanoob, pages are fucked up, pages still fucked, ricers, riflewuzhere