follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
RR Racing
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2020, 11:40 AM   #15
SamtheKorean
September
 
SamtheKorean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Drives: 2015 BRZ
Location: Virginia
Posts: 82
Thanks: 55
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
Yes, it is definitely possible. The more upstream sensor is the important one for afr as I recall. The one further downstream is just a check to make sure the cat is working , which I think you don't have. Running lean is likely to induce knock.

Any idea what your ltft is? It changes at different load values (load increases with airflow) so you might need a log to see it. Basically if your o2 sensor is messed up, you are likely to see large + or - values in your fuel trim.
I値l upload a log by tonight here and tuning thread as well. I値l have to look at those values I know my ltft value kinda goes everywhere(-8.00~+5.00)
SamtheKorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 11:44 AM   #16
Spuds
The Dictater
 
Spuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 5,190
Thanks: 13,241
Thanked 5,374 Times in 2,942 Posts
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheKorean View Post
I値l upload a log by tonight here and tuning thread as well. I値l have to look at those values I know my ltft value kinda goes everywhere(-8.00~+5.00)
Yeah, it will move around a bit normally. But sometimes it goes off the charts and that shows something is wrong.

Alternatively, you could just have bad gas
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (10-19-2020), SamtheKorean (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 12:12 PM   #17
NoHaveMSG
Senior Member
 
NoHaveMSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: Crapcan
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,690
Thanks: 4,841
Thanked 4,372 Times in 2,105 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheKorean View Post
so when the car is started it starts from .70 and it goes up to 1.00 after few minutes of driving and yes i値l try to upload my log.
You must be running one of the V4 OFT tunes. I don't know how TF they didn't put initial IAM value at 1 It going to 1 and holding is a good sign.
__________________
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward." -Oscar Wilde.
NoHaveMSG is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NoHaveMSG For This Useful Post:
SamtheKorean (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 12:25 PM   #18
DarkSunrise
Senior Member
 
DarkSunrise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 13 FR-S
Location: USA
Posts: 5,279
Thanks: 1,452
Thanked 3,602 Times in 1,927 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Take a log and post to datazap. Look for any negative FLKC or Knock Correction (KC) events. Those are the degrees your ECU is pulling from the ignition timing advance to compensate for knock at those specific RPMs and loads.

That said, if your IAM is 1, you probably don't have any serious knock issues.
__________________
Build Page
"I love this car. I think we wimped out when we didn't name it Best Driver's Car." -Randy Pobst on the BRZ
DarkSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkSunrise For This Useful Post:
alphasaur (10-22-2020), SamtheKorean (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 06:23 PM   #19
SamtheKorean
September
 
SamtheKorean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Drives: 2015 BRZ
Location: Virginia
Posts: 82
Thanks: 55
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alright so update for anyone helping me out or just browsing, after work today I reflashed my ECU(went back to original oem file and went back to stge 2 + 93oct tune). I noticed my IAM started from value of 0.70 as always did. This time omw to school, IAM did not reach to a whole value of 1.00. It ended up only reaching to 0.87 by the time I was at school. I did a few log recording otw to school, few pulls and normal cruise. I will post a log to see if anything痴 wrong.
SamtheKorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 07:42 PM   #20
NoHaveMSG
Senior Member
 
NoHaveMSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: Crapcan
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,690
Thanks: 4,841
Thanked 4,372 Times in 2,105 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheKorean View Post
Alright so update for anyone helping me out or just browsing, after work today I reflashed my ECU(went back to original oem file and went back to stge 2 + 93oct tune). I noticed my IAM started from value of 0.70 as always did. This time omw to school, IAM did not reach to a whole value of 1.00. It ended up only reaching to 0.87 by the time I was at school. I did a few log recording otw to school, few pulls and normal cruise. I will post a log to see if anything痴 wrong.
Your going to need to drive the car for a while before a log will be worth it. Since you reflashed the car needs to relearn trims and KC learned. Will probably go up after it gets some mileage on it.
__________________
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward." -Oscar Wilde.
NoHaveMSG is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NoHaveMSG For This Useful Post:
SamtheKorean (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 08:07 PM   #21
SamtheKorean
September
 
SamtheKorean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Drives: 2015 BRZ
Location: Virginia
Posts: 82
Thanks: 55
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
Your going to need to drive the car for a while before a log will be worth it. Since you reflashed the car needs to relearn trims and KC learned. Will probably go up after it gets some mileage on it.
I知 pretty sure my upstream air:fuel sensor is long gone, ltft is seemed to be stuck at 0.00% or some negative value for long period of time without changing the value
SamtheKorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 11:15 PM   #22
SamtheKorean
September
 
SamtheKorean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Drives: 2015 BRZ
Location: Virginia
Posts: 82
Thanks: 55
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
https://datazap.me/u/samthekorean/lo...1-5-8-12-13-14 heres the log data, is my ltft supposed to stuck in certain value for that amount of time?
SamtheKorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 03:52 PM   #23
Spuds
The Dictater
 
Spuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 5,190
Thanks: 13,241
Thanked 5,374 Times in 2,942 Posts
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheKorean View Post
https://datazap.me/u/samthekorean/lo...1-5-8-12-13-14 heres the log data, is my ltft supposed to stuck in certain value for that amount of time?
It looks like ltft is behaving normally. It's averaging about, -5%. If the average creeps up past 10%, then you should start worrying. The two flat spots you see are normal. You were in open loop (OL) in both of those cases. On open loop acceleration, you are in the highest load bucket for the ltft, so it just adds/subtracts the value in that bucket. On open loop idle it adds/subtracts from the lowest load bucket. Notice how stft is flat 0, that's another effect of OL, stft is simply not added. The reason for this is because your o2 sensor is not supposed to accurately read much richer than 14.5. In OL, your afr is likely to be in the 12s under acceleration and off throttle it reports as 20.

Based on your IAM dropping from 1 to .82, it looks like your engine detected a bit of knock but then it got better as it went back up to 1. I wouldn't be too worried on my own car, it happens sometimes. You could try to find better gas. I've found certain stations tend to be better than others for one reason or another.

I don't remember if KC learned is supposed to be an absolute value or not, but it is all positive so I'm sure that says... Something? I don't put much stock in KC learned myself. Unless you are into actual competitive racing, it's not going to make much difference in what your car can do given your gas and environment.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
SamtheKorean (10-20-2020), Ultramaroon (10-20-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 04:50 PM   #24
Kodename47
Senior Member
 
Kodename47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: UK GT86
Location: UK
Posts: 2,984
Thanks: 182
Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,080 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
OK here you go:
FLKC is Fine Learnt Knock Correction - Negative is where it is pulling timing, it can only be positive when IAM is less than 1 and is where it is attempting to add timing back in. If successful then the IAM will increase. This is stored in load/RPM regions so if it has added or removed in the past then this will resume from the last stored value.
Knock Correction - Usually known as FBKC (Feedback Knock Correction). This is at lower loads, is as it says and is instant feedback. Only FBKC or FLKC can be active at any one time.
KC Learn - This is the ignition advance map multiplied by the IAM plus the FLKC value. Or in simple terms, how much ignition advance is being added. Not a useful logged parameter IMO.
IAM - If the default value is higher than the IAM at shutdown, then the IAM moves to the default value at startup. The IAM can only increase under certain conditions so it not increasing is not necessarily a sign of an issue. Only if it drops (and TBH if it drops by a reasonable amount) or never reaches 1 would I look at addressing it. If you're happy that you get regular good fuel, I would set it higher than 0.7 and see what happens.

Read Here:
http://www.romraider.com/forum/topic1840.html
__________________
.: Stealth 86 :.
Abbey Motorsport/K47 Tuned Sprintex 210 Supercharger

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
SamtheKorean (10-20-2020), Spuds (10-20-2020), Ultramaroon (10-20-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 06:34 PM   #25
SamtheKorean
September
 
SamtheKorean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Drives: 2015 BRZ
Location: Virginia
Posts: 82
Thanks: 55
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
It looks like ltft is behaving normally. It's averaging about, -5%. If the average creeps up past 10%, then you should start worrying. The two flat spots you see are normal. You were in open loop (OL) in both of those cases. On open loop acceleration, you are in the highest load bucket for the ltft, so it just adds/subtracts the value in that bucket. On open loop idle it adds/subtracts from the lowest load bucket. Notice how stft is flat 0, that's another effect of OL, stft is simply not added. The reason for this is because your o2 sensor is not supposed to accurately read much richer than 14.5. In OL, your afr is likely to be in the 12s under acceleration and off throttle it reports as 20.

Based on your IAM dropping from 1 to .82, it looks like your engine detected a bit of knock but then it got better as it went back up to 1. I wouldn't be too worried on my own car, it happens sometimes. You could try to find better gas. I've found certain stations tend to be better than others for one reason or another.

I don't remember if KC learned is supposed to be an absolute value or not, but it is all positive so I'm sure that says... Something? I don't put much stock in KC learned myself. Unless you are into actual competitive racing, it's not going to make much difference in what your car can do given your gas and environment.
Jesus you have no idea how much of this informations has helped me, I知 thinking about gaining more knowledge about tuning I would want to help people/myself out as you did. Thank you brotha
SamtheKorean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SamtheKorean For This Useful Post:
Spuds (10-20-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 07:20 PM   #26
Spuds
The Dictater
 
Spuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 5,190
Thanks: 13,241
Thanked 5,374 Times in 2,942 Posts
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheKorean View Post
Jesus you have no idea how much of this informations has helped me, I知 thinking about gaining more knowledge about tuning I would want to help people/myself out as you did. Thank you brotha
Lol, well I learned most of what I know through the tuning section of the forum here.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FR-S engine rebuilt and knocking DJjoey0812 Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB 2 01-16-2020 06:46 PM
Rattle/knocking from engine (video) draculr Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB 24 08-06-2019 07:57 AM
Knocking Raspy Sound from engine bay 914_WHITE_FRS Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB 60 05-08-2015 12:30 AM
loud knocking constant with engine speed whatsmynameagain Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB 34 12-09-2014 09:58 PM
Engine knocking after flash Tenchi Software Tuning 10 09-25-2014 11:50 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.