follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 08-18-2020, 07:21 PM   #1
aw11

Drives: '16 FR-S, '02 GTI VR6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
RomRaider not showing all DTCs

I just installed the Delicious Flex Fuel Kit for OFT. Since this kit deletes the rear O2 sensor to grab power and ground I went into the tune from Openflash to disable the codes associated with that sensor. However, not all the DTCs are showing up in RomRaider.

I was able to turn off a couple codes (P0037, P0038, P0140) but many of them are not showing up. Today I got P013A while driving around, went in to RomRaider to see if I missed this one, but it wasn't even listed. I believe I have the correct definition file because I got the .bin and the .xml at the same time from Openflash. I opened the xml, scrolled down to the DTCs, and they were all listed. P013A, P0137, P0138, and more are all found in the definition file, but they aren't listed when I open the tune in RomRaider. I haven't checked any of the other tables to see if they're all there or not.

Any idea why I can't see these? Besides that the flex fuel kit and tune seem to be functioning great. Thanks for any help.
aw11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 03:50 AM   #2
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw11 View Post
I just installed the Delicious Flex Fuel Kit for OFT. Since this kit deletes the rear O2 sensor to grab power and ground I went into the tune from Openflash to disable the codes associated with that sensor. However, not all the DTCs are showing up in RomRaider.

I was able to turn off a couple codes (P0037, P0038, P0140) but many of them are not showing up. Today I got P013A while driving around, went in to RomRaider to see if I missed this one, but it wasn't even listed. I believe I have the correct definition file because I got the .bin and the .xml at the same time from Openflash. I opened the xml, scrolled down to the DTCs, and they were all listed. P013A, P0137, P0138, and more are all found in the definition file, but they aren't listed when I open the tune in RomRaider. I haven't checked any of the other tables to see if they're all there or not.

Any idea why I can't see these? Besides that the flex fuel kit and tune seem to be functioning great. Thanks for any help.

Correct not as mant dtc are definied in romraider definitions as in ecutek

Two options are rewire kit so it get power and ground feom somewhere else and leave rear 02 connected. I assume its oft flex tune has the sensr wire connected to the ecu EVAP on pin 20 A35 ?? else its not going to owek oft tunes dont support rear 02 signal wire

I can find and disavle the codes in the oft tune but its a bit of miching arround so id need to charge a small fee
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
aw11 (08-20-2020)
Old 08-20-2020, 08:01 AM   #3
aw11

Thanks for the offer, but I'm going to try putting something together that will let me plug in the Delicious Box and the O2 sensor at the same time. I figure it's better to fix the root of the problem instead of hiding the symptoms.
Old 08-20-2020, 10:48 PM   #4
Bach415

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Thanks for the offer, but I'm going to try putting something together that will let me plug in the Delicious Box and the O2 sensor at the same time. I figure it's better to fix the root of the problem instead of hiding the symptoms.
If I recall, the OFT version of the Delicious Flex Fuel uses the EVAP sensor and not the O2 one. I think you got the wrong version. If you want both to work, you can try converting the kit so it runs off EVAP + power instead and keep the O2 sensor intact.
Bach415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 09:59 PM   #5
aw11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach415 View Post
If I recall, the OFT version of the Delicious Flex Fuel uses the EVAP sensor and not the O2 one. I think you got the wrong version. If you want both to work, you can try converting the kit so it runs off EVAP + power instead and keep the O2 sensor intact.
The kit I got has a wire running to the evap input and I've verified that my oft reads the same ethanol level as my Delicious app, so the kit works in some capacity for oft.

My kit still uses the O2 sensor for power and ground, it just doesn't send any ethanol info through the O2. Im going to get some connectors to make an interposer cable that I can plug both the O2 sensor and D-box into, then plug that into the receptacle on the car.
The Following User Says Thank You to aw11 For This Useful Post:
Bach415 (08-23-2020)
Old 02-03-2022, 11:27 PM   #6
G_Rossney

Drives: 2013 BRZ, Limited, 6spd MT, GBS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to G_Rossney Send a message via MSN to G_Rossney Send a message via Yahoo to G_Rossney
Quote:
The kit I got has a wire running to the evap input and I've verified that my oft reads the same ethanol level as my Delicious app, so the kit works in some capacity for oft.

My kit still uses the O2 sensor for power and ground, it just doesn't send any ethanol info through the O2. Im going to get some connectors to make an interposer cable that I can plug both the O2 sensor and D-box into, then plug that into the receptacle on the car.
I was wondering if your cable solved the issue and if you can share any info on the parts you bought.

I'm also having CEL issues with the Delicious Tuning OFT Flex Fuel kit. It's very annoying that the Tune doesn't address these CELs. I was also thinking that a pig tail type adapter would solve the issue, but not sure what and where to buy the proper parts.
G_Rossney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 09:01 AM   #7
aw11

I bought my parts from iWire Subaru Wiring Solutions (iwireusa.com)

I got 1 Rear O2 Sensor Receptacle (CN-RE04006) with the "Connector Kit" option and I got 2 Rear O2 Sensor Plugs (CN-PL04006) with the "Pigtail" option

I don't remember exactly how I wired it up but you can probably find that elsewhere on the forum. If not, let me know and I can go take some pictures
Old 02-04-2022, 09:08 AM   #8
aw11

Actually I had a picture of it already in my camera roll. I shoved 2 pigtail wires, 1 from each pigtail, into the connector side and crimped it/added some solder to hopefully give it some strength.

I also had to cut one of the wires because I was getting an extra signal where I didn't want it.

So far this hodgepodge creation has held up to a couple track days and a bunch of autocrosses so I feel comfortable with it
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2022, 11:11 AM   #9
G_Rossney

Drives: 2013 BRZ, Limited, 6spd MT, GBS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to G_Rossney Send a message via MSN to G_Rossney Send a message via Yahoo to G_Rossney
Quote:
Actually I had a picture of it already in my camera roll. I shoved 2 pigtail wires, 1 from each pigtail, into the connector side and crimped it/added some solder to hopefully give it some strength.

I also had to cut one of the wires because I was getting an extra signal where I didn't want it.

So far this hodgepodge creation has held up to a couple track days and a bunch of autocrosses so I feel comfortable with it
I think I found the connectors at Ballenger Motorsports (www.bmotorsports.com). These are the pre-pinned connects and it's just a matter of connecting the proper leads.

Part # Description
CONN-85836 4 Way Receptacle Pigtail for Subaru & Toyota Oxygen Sensor Cost $9.99 Qty 1

CONN-85835 4 Way Plug Pigtail for Subaru & Toyota Oxygen Sensor
Cost $9.99 Qty 2

$30 in total for parts. They do charge for shipping, so I'm about $40 in. I'll post a picture once I build my connector.
G_Rossney is offline   Reply With Quote