follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 03-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
FRSDREAMER

Drives: 2013 FRS (hopefully)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I don't think Bespoke is standard.

Alot have been saying 23k for FRS with bespoke.

I don't think it's standard, because Scion doesn't do that.

All of Scions models including the RS models never came standard with an upscale headunit.

So I'm going to stick to my guns and predict the Head unit we seen at FRS unveiling is the standard equipment.

Do you agree?
Attached Images

FRSDREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Nope its going to be standard because Scions wants the bespoke standard across all future scion models. The only way to do this is to debut the bespoke on the FR-S first.
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
mines13

Drives: '13 FR-S '12 CBR1000RR
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mines13 Send a message via Yahoo to mines13
Honestly, I am leaning toward FRSDREAMER's assessment. It would be really cool if it was standard. I just have a gut feeling that it won't be, I want to be wrong.
mines13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #4
bneale

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
*** TAKE THIS AT FACE VALUE ***

When I put a deposit down on my car back in the middle of January, the sales rep told me specifically that the Bespoke unit was standard for the car. He was saying stuff like "This car is going to come pretty loaded including bespoke".

At the time I didn't know what bespoke was so I just thought he was trying to upsell me on the car.

So for what its worth, the dealer did tell me this was standard equipment. But keep in mind, I'm in Canada and it was January when he told me this. It may no be the same for the States (Canada's Mexico). Things may have changed since then.

Also, the Vancouver Autoshow is about to happen in 2 weeks. I'm planning on attending so I can go see the car. I will see if I can confirm the bespoke unit while I'm there.

bneale
bneale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #5
Stryker Trailwood
Scion Guy

Drives: Scions and a Harley
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSDREAMER View Post
Alot have been saying 23k for FRS with bespoke.

I don't think it's standard, because Scion doesn't do that.

All of Scions models including the RS models never came standard with an upscale headunit.

So I'm going to stick to my guns and predict the Head unit we seen at FRS unveiling is the standard equipment.

Do you agree?
actually the RS models do come with an upgraded radio a lot of times.
Daily Rider
2014 White Hot Denim Harley-Davidson V-Rod Muscle
Stryker Trailwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
Rabble

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bneale View Post
*** TAKE THIS AT FACE VALUE ***

When I put a deposit down on my car back in the middle of January, the sales rep told me specifically that the Bespoke unit was standard for the car. He was saying stuff like "This car is going to come pretty loaded including bespoke".

At the time I didn't know what bespoke was so I just thought he was trying to upsell me on the car.

So for what its worth, the dealer did tell me this was standard equipment. But keep in mind, I'm in Canada and it was January when he told me this. It may no be the same for the States (Canada's Mexico). Things may have changed since then.

Also, the Vancouver Autoshow is about to happen in 2 weeks. I'm planning on attending so I can go see the car. I will see if I can confirm the bespoke unit while I'm there.

bneale
I've heard the same thing about bespoke being standard and the car coming "pretty much loaded". But who knows until they finally release all the information. It really doesn't make much sense from a scion standpoint to have the thing loaded at all because they make all their money off pure price from the dealer add ons.

If it comes down to it, if the FRS is the same price as the BRZ I'm gonna get a BRZ, the WRB color is just too sweet.
Rabble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:36 AM   #7
littlefoot

Drives: BMW 5 series (e28), Yaris S hatch
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
BeSpoke is not standard. You should go to the Apple App store and start enjoying the app. It's available for download.
littlefoot is offline   Reply With Quote