follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List

Old 01-30-2017, 09:54 AM   #15
FR-Sky

Drives: 2013 FR-S 10 series [755]
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by funwheeldrive View Post
I've had my license for over 10 years. I've never run with a front license place. I've never been ticketed for not having one. Half of the state doesn't use front license plates. It's just an easy excuse for cops to reach their quota.

Contest the ticket OP.
You are absolutely right, i think he jealous because he couldnt drive better car.
The point is , he wants to write me a couple hundred dollar ticket instead of fix it ticket ($25-45). There is no justice,,the cop do whatever he wants.
FR-Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:00 AM   #16
FR-Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwolf View Post
Yea, and the cop is an asshole for doing their job? Fucking own up to it and don't blame someone else.
Then i hope you keep your car stock ^_^, so they cant write you a non-correctable ticket where they can just give you fix it ticket.
couple hundred buck instead of $25.

I am not causing problem, he is looking for problem.
Cruising around 65-70 on sunny day, mustang flying by me speeding, and he was decided to wait in front of me and give me a non-correctable license plate ticket? Where is justice? god bless America.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:03 AM   #17
FR-Sky

Quote:
I've had my license for over 10 years. I've never run with a front license place. I've never been ticketed for not having one. Half of the state doesn't use front license plates. It's just an easy excuse for cops to reach their quota.

Contest the ticket OP.
I don't know how to contest man, this is my first time. I will see how much is it when the letter come first. Can I argue with that judge that the cop is insist to give me the non correctable ticket for no particular reason where he can just give me a fix it ticket?
Old 01-30-2017, 10:10 AM   #18
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,943 Times in 11,378 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Sky View Post
I don't know how to contest man, this is my first time. I will see how much is it when the letter come first. Can I argue with that judge that the cop is insist to give me the non correctable ticket for no particular reason where he can just give me a fix it ticket?
If you are going to contest, you need to hire a lawyer. If the officer was within the law (which it sounds like he was) the Judge will not accept your argument. The best option you have, as mentioned before, is to get it fixed, get it signed off on, then there is an opportunity to get it dismissed or switched.

If you go in with the attitude you have shown here, nothing will happen different. if you get in front of the Judge by yourself its very likely you'll pay the fine.

As far as Justice, that isn't the officer's job. Justice is administered by the court. It is the officer's job to enforce the law, and that means all of them. The "Mustang was speeding" argument won't get you anywhere. You were both breaking the law and you have zero proof of your point. (Not saying it isn't real, that happens all the time, but even with proof its irrelevant in a court of law).

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
finch1750 (01-30-2017), Joyride86 (01-30-2017), PandaSPUR (01-30-2017), soulreapersteve (01-30-2017), Yardjass (01-30-2017)
Old 01-30-2017, 10:11 AM   #19
FR-Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
Excuse or not if its a law in the area they can enforce it. Here in Minnesota I have run multiple years without one and never had a single patrol pull me over for it. The two times (two different vehicles) that I got hit for it were both when the car was parked.

What irks me is when people knowingly break the law then bitch an moan about it when they get caught. The cop is doing his job weather you think its tick tac or not. Don't want to pay a fine,don't want to get hassled by the police then obey the law simple as that.
Like I said, i am totally fine to pay the fix it ticket, i didnt say i dont want to bitch about it and doesnt want to pay it.
This whole post is about the cop is playing stupid where he can just write me up a fix it ticket instead of couple hundred bucks ticket.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:15 AM   #20
funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
If you are going to contest, you need to hire a lawyer.

This is false. Hiring a lawyer will be more than the ticket.

OP, if this is your first offense, just dress nice and show a picture of your front plate installed. The worst they can do is charge you the full amount that you would have already paid.
funwheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to funwheeldrive For This Useful Post:
davesrave (02-03-2017), FR-Sky (01-30-2017)
Old 01-30-2017, 10:16 AM   #21
jasonojordan

Drives: 2013 satin white brz limited
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
my point is he is playing stupid, $25 dollar fix it ticket and he wants me to pay couple hundred now. I asked him why it isnt correctable,,his attitude is like fking , "oh, i am gonna write non correctable,what you gonna do?" He keep saying that by signing this doesnt mean its guilty, blah blah blah. Wouldnt you be pissed too?
No I wouldn't be pissed because above you admitted to knowing it was the law and broke it anyway. If you can't afford to play the game then don't. There is nothing in the law that says he has to give you a warning 1st.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:18 AM   #22
jasonojordan

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the majority of the public breaks a law on a daily basis without even knowing it. Just because something is a law, that doesn't mean it's something that should be enforced.

People have the right to contest these petty charges, and it's the OP's right to do so.
I'm not saying he does not have the right to contest the ticket. I'm saying don't come to the internet crying when you get a ticket for doing something you know is not legal. He admitted in his original post that he knew it was wrong so your argument about people doing things they didn't know were wrong is invalid in this case.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:19 AM   #23
FR-Sky

Quote:
No I wouldn't be pissed because above you admitted to knowing it was the law and broke it anyway. If you can't afford to play the game then don't. There is nothing in the law that says he has to give you a warning 1st.
You still dont get it? its not about money. It is about cop is abusing his power for something that arent important.
If i am speeding and doing donut, he writes me up, and i can shut my mouth.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:21 AM   #24
jasonojordan

Quote:

OP, if this is your first offense, just dress nice and show a picture of your front plate installed. The worst they can do is charge you the full amount that you would have already paid.
What he is saying is if the OP wants to have a chance to get it tossed out (aside from the cop just not showing up) he will need a lawyer to work his case because from everything the OP has shared with us its cut and dry the officer was doing his job.
The Following User Says Thank You to jasonojordan For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (01-30-2017)
Old 01-30-2017, 10:21 AM   #25
jasonojordan

Quote:
You still dont get it? its not about money. It is about cop is abusing his power for something that arent important.
If i am speeding and doing donut, he writes me up, and i can shut my mouth.
There is 0 abuse of power at all here by the officer. All I see here is someone that is upset because he didn't just get a slap on the wrist.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jasonojordan For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (01-30-2017), EastBayCanuck (01-31-2017), PandaSPUR (01-30-2017), soulreapersteve (01-30-2017), Yardjass (01-30-2017)
Old 01-30-2017, 10:22 AM   #26
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,943 Times in 11,378 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:

I don't disagree with you, but sometimes hiring the lawyer (even if more than the ticket) is worth it, and is the only real way to know what your true options are. Also, given the attitude shown here, not sure representing himself would get the defendant very far.

As you say, probably not in this case though since this isn't probably not a points situation.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:24 AM   #27
funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
I'm not saying he does not have the right to contest the ticket. I'm saying don't come to the internet crying when you get a ticket for doing something you know is not legal. He admitted in his original post that he knew it was wrong so your argument about people doing things they didn't know were wrong is invalid in this case.

He came looking for help, and instead you guys are just telling him to bend over. It's not like he was going 100mph on the highway or talking on his cell phone. Front plate laws are ridiculous.
funwheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to funwheeldrive For This Useful Post:
FR-Sky (01-30-2017)
Old 01-30-2017, 10:24 AM   #28
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,285 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
I'm pretty sure the majority of the public breaks a law on a daily basis without even knowing it. Just because something is a law, that doesn't mean it's something that should be enforced.

People have the right to contest these petty charges, and it's the OP's right to do so.
What? Really? Did you actually say that? Who get's to chose what get's enforced and what doesn't? Is ignorance of the law a defense in your Sate? Is it anyplace in the world?

Do they enforce all the law all the time? No, they don't have the resources but that doesn't change the fact it is a law and therefore enforceable.

Of course he has the right to contest it and the cop had the right (and duty) to issue it. I would love to hear the cop's side of the story on some of these whiny "I got a ticket and shouldn't have" threads. You get a ticket and didn't break the law then fight it. You get a ticket for something you know was illegal and then whine that it is "unfair" or "petty" then try to fight it but don't blame the cop for doing what he is paid and sworn to do.
Yardjass (01-30-2017)