follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

User Tag List

Old 03-18-2014, 03:35 PM   #547
nunonuna

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltezza View Post
Aww don't tell me that lol every time I see a twin around here its always an FRS lol and it's usually a typical high school kid driving it around. But yeah lol its also one of the reasons why i'm looking at a BRZ lol its pretty rare lol
That's why I never stop adding mods on my fr-s lol~

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
nunonuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:21 PM   #548
Alltezza

Drives: WRB Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunonuna View Post
That's why I never stop adding mods on my fr-s lol~

Where did you buy your frs at? I noticed that the dealer ship for Subaru and scion they are both priced at around 29 to 30k and if that's the case Im heavily leaning towards the BRZ

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Alltezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:26 AM   #549
nunonuna

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Where did you buy your frs at? I noticed that the dealer ship for Subaru and scion they are both priced at around 29 to 30k and if that's the case Im heavily leaning towards the BRZ

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
I got mine from Beaman. I bought mine at base price tho. I guess it is now hard to fine base fr-s.

I was first looking towards to BRZ limited but only thing I like from limited are smart key with push start and headlight, but I also had to get it with some other options that I really don't need/want. So after I found about aftermarket smart key system, I changed my mind.

Yes, there are ton of fr-s out there and a lot less of BRZ, but it really didn't/doesn't matter for me since there are many ways to customize our twins to make each of us have each unique look and characters of twins.

Hope you get to find one soon~

Last edited by nunonuna; 03-19-2014 at 08:40 AM.
nunonuna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nunonuna For This Useful Post:
Alltezza (03-19-2014)
Old 03-20-2014, 01:44 AM   #550
venom_5

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Got mine from Beaman as well ... it was a 2013 still on the lot with only 60 miles, so they gave me a good deal on it. There were only 3 in Ultramarine within 300 miles at the time that were 6spd and had the wing, which is what I wanted.
venom_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:34 AM   #551
Alltezza

Drives: WRB Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Lol damn I was looking at the Beaman website and I came across this one right here

http://www.beamanscion.com/new-inven...8E8704810.aspx

Pretty good deal, and since we're on this topic I hope you guys don't mind me asking. But I would like to ask about everyone's dealership experience and which dealership would you guys recommend.
Alltezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:26 AM   #552
nashsnazzy

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S White Out
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Make sure they give you all of the fees before you sit down at the finance table. Beaman shook hands on a deal after writing it down on paper and then tried to screw me when I did the paperwork. All stealerships try this in one way or another but I like to find out how bad I'm getting boned soup to nuts before I do a deal.
nashsnazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:28 AM   #553
nashsnazzy

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S White Out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herndon View Post
Sure it wasn't a BRZ? I live in Bellevue
I guess it could have been. Was there a guy in a white FR-S beside you on i40?
nashsnazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:47 AM   #554
kinda5150

Drives: 2013 FRS firestorm
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Lol damn I was looking at the Beaman website and I came across this one right here

Pretty good deal, and since we're on this topic I hope you guys don't mind me asking. But I would like to ask about everyone's dealership experience and which dealership would you guys recommend.

got mine at beaman as well. i went w/an internet guy (adam--aka freddie prinze jr). they had $1500 off the last of the 2013's (believe they had at least 1 white one left, not sure of any other colors). had to haggle a bit over my trade, but o/w the typical dealership hoops to jump through (paint/interior protection, ext warranty, etc) but they weren't pushy about any of it. one of the easier dealership experiences only on the basis of not being pressured into a bunch of other crap. you will still have the $500 doc fee, which they won't bend on. if you have a trade, i highly suggest you finding out the black book value prior to going in. i used cudlautosmart.com (didn't require email and all the other garbage to go through to get the price). i got about 1500 over the kbb trade in they quoted. btw, they also offer some visa gift cards--they'll walk you through it while you're there. think it's 150 after you fill out some survey after the sale (haven't received mine yet--takes 30 days from purchase just to get the survey). there's also another one for 100 bucks if you finance through toyota (i didn't). who knows if i'll ever get the gift card...just fyi. if you have any other ?'s let me know.
to make a long story longer, if you are looking for the best deal on a 2014 and don't mind driving a good distance, i saw some good deals at **** dyer in south carolina. saw one there for 25,100 that had upgraded stereo, rear spoiler, led running lights, mud guards, and a couple of other things.
kinda5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kinda5150 For This Useful Post:
Alltezza (03-20-2014)
Old 03-20-2014, 10:38 PM   #555
wraithfive

Drives: BRZ Limited 6MT
Quote:

Bought mine at Darrell Waltrip Subaru. 2013 that had come from another dealer where it wasn't selling. Got a decent deal on it. Negotiations were pretty straightforward but I had already done most of ground work online before coming in including the finance application so we just had to come up with numbers both side could live with.

If I had one "complaint" it would be the "blue book price" the sales manager had the salesman try to give me for my trade was about $1000 less than it really was. She gave in to what I asked for once caught (it's the smart phone age people. I had the real blue book price up before the guy had finished talking and black book up 30 seconds later.) But once shown the real price they didn't try to hassle me any further. I did take a little less than black book but I also had some body damage (decently bent bumper and hail damage) that needed repair so I can't really complain :-). Honestly it just reiterates that you should always be prepared before you go in to negotiate. Otherwise whose fault is it really if you get screwed?
wraithfive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wraithfive For This Useful Post:
Alltezza (03-20-2014)
Old 03-21-2014, 12:58 AM   #556
venom_5

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
The guy I was paired up with at Beaman didn't know much about the car, but that was fine with me because I didn't really want someone to just talk to me ... I knew what I wanted and that I wanted it now lol

They made some clerical errors, but they have been amazing as far as customer service goes. I did trade in a car, but it's hardly worth mentioning since it was at 276,000 miles so the value wasn't much. But they did work with me on the price to get the payments down to where I needed them to be!

In other news, I guess i'm the only one that doesn't have any problems with the stock transmission fluid? I can shift into 2nd just fine especially at speed. I haven't done my homework, but it sounds and feels like a dual-mass clutch/flywheel setup similar to that in the Genesis so that took some getting used to ... and it's noisy for that reason ... but as far as shifting, no problems here!
venom_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:07 PM   #557
Herndon

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashsnazzy View Post
I guess it could have been. Was there a guy in a white FR-S beside you on i40?

Not that i remember but at that point I had only had the car two days. I was still in haze haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Herndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #558
Herndon

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ
Quote:

Bought mine at Darrel waltrip as well. First might my sales about a year ago when I went with my roommate to look at sti. At the time I also thought I would go that route. He came out quickly and admitted he didn't know much about the cars, which I liked. He kept in touch every know and then seeing if I was still interested. Not in a pushy more like he was just checking in on me. He knew I hadn't been planning on buying for a while. Then when I decided to take a look at the brz I rolled up there one weekend to look. He was busy with another customer so he pulled a black one around tossed me the keys and said go see what you think. In the end they worked me out a decent deal, nothing out of the ordinary but my experience with them was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Herndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:43 PM   #559
wraithfive

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_5 View Post
The guy I was paired up with at Beaman didn't know much about the car, but that was fine with me because I didn't really want someone to just talk to me ... I knew what I wanted and that I wanted it now lol

They made some clerical errors, but they have been amazing as far as customer service goes. I did trade in a car, but it's hardly worth mentioning since it was at 276,000 miles so the value wasn't much. But they did work with me on the price to get the payments down to where I needed them to be!
I have had great service out of them so far as well. Apparently they also do a drawing every month out of all customers who purchased that month for a free extended warranty. (The 60,000 mile one they push during financing.) I'm glad I turned down the warranty in financing because a few days after I bought the car I got a call that I won the free warranty :-) Honestly at first I thought it was a trick but I went in and they showed me the paperwork. Legit SOA warranty for $0 dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_5 View Post
In other news, I guess i'm the only one that doesn't have any problems with the stock transmission fluid? I can shift into 2nd just fine especially at speed. I haven't done my homework, but it sounds and feels like a dual-mass clutch/flywheel setup similar to that in the Genesis so that took some getting used to ... and it's noisy for that reason ... but as far as shifting, no problems here!
I haven't really had any problems shifting with the stock fluid either. This gear box is certainly noisier than the one in my Chevy Colorado I drove for the last ten years before I bought this car though. I guess the only thing I've noticed is that when it's cold it's a little harder to shift but once everything's warmed up no problems. Maybe another fluid would help with lower temps.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:49 PM   #560
wraithfive

Spotted a silver BRZ at Lowe's on Old Fort in the 'boro today.