follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 02-06-2022, 09:47 PM   #1
GR8TY6

Drives: '22 GR86 Halo, Prem, Man
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
First Time: '22 GR86

Hey all,

I picked up my Halo White Premium manual GR86 yesterday and I'm very excited to finally have one of the twins. I was a big fan of gen1 but I never got around to it and the current used market definitely turned me away. The glowing reviews from the automotive press for the second gen was so strong I decided to go for it. If I'm honest, the insane used car market had a big effect on my choice to go new, typically I'd wait until depreciation did it's work. That being said, this is my first new car and oh my oh my it's awesome!

The interior is very nice. It's super cozy and sporty with enough room for comfort. This is my first car with Android Auto and I don't think I'll ever be able to live without it again. The exterior is just bang on, I'm preaching to the choir but man looking back at this thing after you park is striking, so much presence!

I can't say much on the handling dynamics since I'm still allowing a couple hundred more miles of break-in before I romp on it but the chassis is tight, and the suspension is firm but not harsh. All of the cornering is pretty darn flat. I cannot wait to open it up properly.

The car is awfully quiet and that has to be the first thing to change after a little while, I'm thinking the Greddy exhaust should do nicely.

I added the GR86 floor mats and auto-dimming rear view mirror as my accessories.

I saw a photo of a pavement gray car and immediately started regretting the white but after seeing it in person I'm glad I went with this color. The pearl effect is fantastic.

Not sure what will come after the exhaust, I like the ride as is so we will see. Likely an intake once they are available as well as some interior improvements but beyond that I'm pretty happy with it.

It will be seeing some occasional autocross and I am going to tail of the dragon in April.
Attached Images

GR8TY6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GR8TY6 For This Useful Post:
KMA KiCKz (02-06-2022)
Old 02-06-2022, 10:03 PM   #2
KMA KiCKz
Certified Wumbologist

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Congratulations and welcome to the club!

If I were to trade mine in for the new gen, I'd definitely go with this color.

One thing I recommend is to enjoy the car stock as long as you can. It will help you decided on what to improve on in the future(i.e. suspension, exhaust, wheels, tires, etc.) and overall appreciate the car for what it is.

TRD | Brembo | RAYS
KMA KiCKz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gr8ty6