follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 01-28-2021, 09:19 PM   #1
Enrgkid

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Steering angle sensor is failing.

Hi guys,

I'm stumped so I changed my steering wheel over and in the process buggered my clock spring, so I replaced that, then my steering angle sensor keeps throwing c1231, I clear the code, do the VSC neutralisation, and it still fails, did I get another buggy steering angle sensor? or is there something worse wrong?

Please help I've been through 4 clock springs to get my airbag light to go(still there but that doesn't worry me as much as the steering angle sensor).

Does anyone have any Idea?
Enrgkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 08:00 PM   #2
RZNT4R
Professional Mechanic

Drives: 2017 86 6MT Oceanic
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
4 clock springs!?

Are you lurking eBay for cheap used ones? Thats not a cheap part buy 4 times. Even a used clockspring/SAS can work, as long as it's installed centered and hasn't been buggered up by the recycler that removed it. If you don't know where the middle is it can be touchy to find it again, I had to do that worth a Chevy avalanche the other day, it took popping the cover off to find the middle.

I don't know how you messed up your original one as it doesn't come off worth the steering wheel, but check over everything you've touched. If all else fails

https://demos.starbase7.net/t3Portal/

Select your year, brake > brake control/ dynamic control system > vehicle stability control system > the appropriate heading for your dtc. It's a really simple circuit to test just a power, a ground and a CAN line.
RZNT4R is offline   Reply With Quote