follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 02-22-2017, 04:55 PM   #7813
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
Does the pump definitely draw more current rather than just being a bigger pump?
Looks like it. If it's the same pump that i'm googling then it draws 2.5-3.5 amps and was designed for 16 gauge power wire.
xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xjohnx For This Useful Post:
Kodename47 (02-23-2017)
Old 02-22-2017, 07:35 PM   #7814
continuecrushing

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,003 Posts
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
Does the pump definitely draw more current rather than just being a bigger pump?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
Looks like it. If it's the same pump that i'm googling then it draws 2.5-3.5 amps and was designed for 16 gauge power wire.
Yeah, I'll see if I remember to check the part number on it tonight.

The motor on the new pump is significantly larger than the sprintex one (which is also a bosch pump) so it will definitely pull more power!
continuecrushing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to continuecrushing For This Useful Post:
Kodename47 (02-23-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 03:01 AM   #7815
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I've been toying with the same idea so will be interesting to see the results. Do you have a post IC CAT sensor? Also be keen to see what you tap into for the power. I assume there must be an ignition based relay somewhere in the bay that you could easily get the supply from.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:56 PM   #7816
jwvand02

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Has anyone had any success ordering replacement parts? I need an intake tube and coolant reservoir, and manifold o-rings probably too.
jwvand02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 05:59 PM   #7817
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwvand02 View Post
Has anyone had any success ordering replacement parts? I need an intake tube and coolant reservoir, and manifold o-rings probably too.
yep, just call them though, don't bother with email.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:54 AM   #7818
Njjawn

Drives: None
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Need the MAP extension harness, waterpump bracket, and evap solenoid bracket. The perks of buying a used kit!

Anyone know where I can source this? Getting sprintex to respond is a bit difficult.
Njjawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:12 AM   #7819
CK_Bladesmith

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njjawn View Post
Need the MAP extension harness, waterpump bracket, and evap solenoid bracket. The perks of buying a used kit!

Anyone know where I can source this? Getting sprintex to respond is a bit difficult.

Call them. Don't email. Call and do so relentlessly until you get ahold of them.
Raven FR-S mods: Unichip, Ground Control street coilovers with camber plates and strut tower brace, SPC Lca's, Drag DR-38 wheels with Dunlop Direzza DZ101s, Perrin CAI and silicone inlet tube, Perrin 3" resonated catback, Perrin high flow catted front pipe, Rev Works UEL header.
CK_Bladesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CK_Bladesmith For This Useful Post:
Njjawn (03-01-2017), xjohnx (03-01-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 09:25 AM   #7820
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK_Bladesmith View Post
Call them. Don't email. Call and do so relentlessly until you get ahold of them.
Is there an echo in here?
The Following User Says Thank You to xjohnx For This Useful Post:
CK_Bladesmith (03-01-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 04:08 PM   #7821
camelflage

Drives: pinto power
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
it's been almost a year since i got my 210 installed, and I have not added any mods since then. i feel this is an achievement worth celebrating... with a smaller pulley and a re-tune.
camelflage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to camelflage For This Useful Post:
brybot (03-05-2017), riboyster (03-02-2017), sato (03-01-2017), stockysnail (03-02-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 08:59 AM   #7822
leets4uc3

Drives: Sprintex carbon fiber wide body
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Dumb Question. I recently bought a car with a bad 210 head unit (ran with no oil...)and installed a new one. 4 days later I broke a rocker and put a hole in the valve cover. I was only running ~7psi and didn't push the car for very long (10-15 minutes 4-6k revs). I'm planning on buying a new FA20 and swapping it in, but I'm scared something bad will happen again and I will be all out of money. I love the car and it only has 30k miles. This seems like a weird failure and was probably do to the shitty past owner. When reading I see people have very reliable cars with this kit as a daily. Do you guys think I have anything to worry about after swapping a new motor? And do you think there could be any more damage further down the drive train due to the failure and previous owner?

Last edited by leets4uc3; 03-03-2017 at 09:22 AM.
leets4uc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 11:41 AM   #7823
stockysnail
Just the tip

Drives: 2013 Lightning Red Subaru BRZ Mt Lt
Thanked 1,004 Times in 665 Posts
Mentioned: 176 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by leets4uc3 View Post
Dumb Question. I recently bought a car with a bad 210 head unit (ran with no oil...)and installed a new one. 4 days later I broke a rocker and put a hole in the valve cover. I was only running ~7psi and didn't push the car for very long (10-15 minutes 4-6k revs). I'm planning on buying a new FA20 and swapping it in, but I'm scared something bad will happen again and I will be all out of money. I love the car and it only has 30k miles. This seems like a weird failure and was probably do to the shitty past owner. When reading I see people have very reliable cars with this kit as a daily. Do you guys think I have anything to worry about after swapping a new motor? And do you think there could be any more damage further down the drive train due to the failure and previous owner?
I've been running my 210 for 3 years without issue. If you're getting a new motor I would spend the few thousand more to get it built or get a used motor and have it built. Stronger internals is always nice, especially with a blower. I would check the transmission and differential fluids and have them analyzed and in general change the fluid. The first change I did at 1k miles and there was a lot of metal bits in it and did it again at 50k. They work much smoother after each change. I'd check to make sure all the bits are tight underneath and I'd recommend a carbon or aluminum drive shaft if you'll be racing, but not required by any means as it doesn't help much but every little bit helps. I could say a lot more but start with that.
stockysnail is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stockysnail For This Useful Post:
leets4uc3 (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 11:54 AM   #7824
leets4uc3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockysnail View Post
I've been running my 210 for 3 years without issue. If you're getting a new motor I would spend the few thousand more to get it built or get a used motor and have it built. Stronger internals is always nice, especially with a blower. I would check the transmission and differential fluids and have them analyzed and in general change the fluid. The first change I did at 1k miles and there was a lot of metal bits in it and did it again at 50k. They work much smoother after each change. I'd check to make sure all the bits are tight underneath and I'd recommend a carbon or aluminum drive shaft if you'll be racing, but not required by any means as it doesn't help much but every little bit helps. I could say a lot more but start with that.

Cool I will definitely check the fluids and I already have a carbon fiber drive shaft. I would love to build the used motor I found (2k miles on it), but sadly don't have the extra money right now to do so. I don't plan on running any more boost. Just the occasional E85 days.

The original plan was to start tracking this car, but now that I blew the motor I'm kind of hesitant. I will probably play it cool for a year and it see how everything goes.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:13 PM   #7825
CK_Bladesmith

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Innovate (Sprintex) Supercharger Owners Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by leets4uc3 View Post
Cool I will definitely check the fluids and I already have a carbon fiber drive shaft. I would love to build the used motor I found (2k miles on it), but sadly don't have the extra money right now to do so. I don't plan on running any more boost. Just the occasional E85 days.

The original plan was to start tracking this car, but now that I blew the motor I'm kind of hesitant. I will probably play it cool for a year and it see how everything goes.

Make sure the tune is good. That's a huge factor with these cars in general. I've been daily driving mine for a few years now with the 210 and haven't had any problems with my tune from moto east. It's a bad ass tune
Raven FR-S mods: Unichip, Ground Control street coilovers with camber plates and strut tower brace, SPC Lca's, Drag DR-38 wheels with Dunlop Direzza DZ101s, Perrin CAI and silicone inlet tube, Perrin 3" resonated catback, Perrin high flow catted front pipe, Rev Works UEL header.
CK_Bladesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 12:22 PM   #7826
leets4uc3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK_Bladesmith View Post
Make sure the tune is good. That's a huge factor with these cars in general. I've been daily driving mine for a few years now with the 210 and haven't had any problems with my tune from moto east. It's a bad ass tune

Not sure what the tune is. The previous owner just threw money at the car and said make it dope. I has a delicious flex kit. What's the easiest way to find what my tune is? ECUtek?

Tags
2 whp better than n/a e85, 2 whp? you're an idiot., 2screwsbetterthan0screw, 65 whp better than na e85, bspt fittings ftl, hate u all me no have sc, im just here for the tags, inorite!, it's no turbo but, only big numbers matter, screwyou, whine sexier than turbo, whines_more_than_your_gf, wts grey market butthurt.