follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 08-11-2020, 02:20 AM   #1
Mttogo

Drives: Toyota GT 86 2013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Open Flash Manager connecting to OFT on Loop!

Hey guys, would really appreciate anyones help on this,

Im having trouble connecting my OFT(open flash tablet) to my computer through OFM(open flash manager), i have installed a fresh copy of OFM and also tried multiple USB Cables. The issue im experiencing is upon connecting my OFT to my computer and opening OFM, as per the usual process i allow the device to prompt me to check for updates, after it goes through the update process it appears to be complete and allows me into OFM as you would expect,where i should be able to access my OFT for tuning etc, the issue however begins here as after a few moments (5-10 seconds) of being able to access my OFT through OFM it starts the "open flash tablet connecting to device, device connected identifying device" sequence all over again, in a never ending loop prohibiting my access to OFM and my OFT within. It never stops this process and during this looping connection issue multiple Language and Option tabs can be seen in the background OFM, i have screenshot this issue so you can see but i simply cannot access my tuning files on my OFt through OFM as the OFM program seems to be caught in a loop trying to connect to my device after giving me brief access for around 10 seconds!

Hope someone can helps me with this, especially since i just purchased Waynes Roms so not being able to use them is a real bummer.. Ill figure out how to upload a screenshot of the issue so hopefully its easier to identify, thanks in advance for anyone that can help

-Mttogo(Mike)
Mttogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 02:21 AM   #2
Mttogo

Drives: Toyota GT 86 2013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Mttogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 02:16 PM   #3
PetrolioBenzina

Drives: 17 86
Thanked 1,133 Times in 647 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Have you tried a USB 2 port? USB 3gives me all sorts of trouble.
PetrolioBenzina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ofm